Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tony Dungy and Michael Vick « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#90 : May 06, 2009, 02:40:49 PM

It is just my subjective view on the animal. I am sure they are worth something to someone, like Mike Vick for instance.

You're right. It is your subjective view. We've obviously had different experiences with Pit Bulls.

As for Mike Vick, its not a "redeeming" value to fight dogs.
To him it obviously was.  And most likely still is.

I have had hardly any experience with Pit bulls, but I did have one.  It was not pleasant.  But I did not get bit, but I damn sure came close.  I still want to punch the guy every time I see him, because he thinks it is funny.

Ah well.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#91 : May 06, 2009, 10:06:21 PM

If it was any of us on this board we're convicted of the same crime, no one would know about it and no one would be picketing our new found place of employment once we paid our debt to society preventing us from getting a job.

For sure!!
For sure is right...and if any of us were in his shoes as a star QB, making millions upon millions, we would certainly not be involved in federal crimes, state crimes, and crimes upon nature.

And for that inability to process information, Vick should be out of the NFL.  Little kids, and impressionable people should not think it cool to participate because if VICK CAN DO IT, IT MUST BE COOL AND SO CAN I.  He is not the average Joe, so the point is moot, basically...

bucsense

Practice Squad

#92 : May 06, 2009, 03:26:28 PM

Form your own opinions about pit bulls.......I have mine from experience, and I don't trust them as I would other dogs.......they are the most unpredictable dogs that I've been around.......And I'll say the same about those that own them......unpredictable and offensive........

#93 : May 06, 2009, 10:00:32 PM

If it was any of us on this board we're convicted of the same crime, no one would know about it and no one would be picketing our new found place of employment once we paid our debt to society preventing us from getting a job.

For sure!!

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#94 : May 06, 2009, 09:16:33 PM

My neighbor's pit bull Nirvana, who knows me very well, bit me on my knee cap the other day and broke skin.  Previously, he started nipping my heels.  This is the only dog in my entire life that has bitten me.  Now my neighbor says Nirvana is starting to bite a lot of her friends and she may have to get rid of him or face an inevitable law suit.  Dog is well care for.  Maybe now very well trained in terms of discipline.

Why the hell would anyone want a pit bull beats me.  I think its a macho thing.  Pit Bulls are not reliable dogs evidently they revert to their DNA without any warning.  Nevertheless, I don't believe in killing them off.  I think anyone owning a pit bull should be required to prove certification of training and extra insurance!  And pit bulls should not allowed near any children .....ever....its not in their job description.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#95 : May 06, 2009, 09:35:10 PM

My neighbor's pit bull Nirvana, who knows me very well, bit me on my knee cap the other day and broke skin.  Previously, he started nipping my heels.  This is the only dog in my entire life that has bitten me.  Now my neighbor says Nirvana is starting to bite a lot of her friends and she may have to get rid of him or face an inevitable law suit.  Dog is well care for.  Maybe now very well trained in terms of discipline.

Why the hell would anyone want a pit bull beats me.  I think its a macho thing.  Pit Bulls are not reliable dogs evidently they revert to their DNA without any warning.  Nevertheless, I don't believe in killing them off.  I think anyone owning a pit bull should be required to prove certification of training and extra insurance!  And pit bulls should not allowed near any children .....ever....its not in their job description.
Quote of the thread right here.

Shut this thread down!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#96 : May 06, 2009, 11:54:36 PM

Why shouldn't he be allowed back in the NFL? Because he blew his chance at his old job. He thought his dog fights and tax evasion was more imortant to him. If one of us were put away and came out who wants to bet we wouldn't get our old job back or even a lower position? He paid his so called dues but he doesn't deserve the trust of fans who pay his pay check or their money.
That is what it boils down to, sort of said the same myself, as did many many others.

THE FANS is the key.  What would we be saying if we thought it was cool to pay his salary?  Even if it were for a "paltry" vet min?  That we support idiots who fund dog fights, who lie to the employers and the government, barely give any money to college funds but give more to gambling that is illegal and disgusting?

I would not even watch a game with Vick in it.  It would be akin to supporting a guy who is most likely going to spend it on stupid ventures...he may have learned, but for some reason, based on his actions, I doubt he did.  The guy is trying to claim he is bankrupt.  wants to keep his assets, but not pay his bills...hmm...

I am not supporting Vick, nor any team that picks him up.  And Leonard Little is a joke as well.  The fact he is even walking the streets is a stain on Law Enforcement and the Judicial system, and is also a stain unto the Ram organization...always was disgusted by Leonard Little.  Still am.

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#97 : May 07, 2009, 11:28:19 AM

I don't know if Dungy was appointed or took it on himself to assist Vick in his rehab and attempt at reinstatement. I really don't care. Last week Dungy made the statement that Vick had paid the price and deserved a second chance in the NFL. I disagree on both counts. Vick is a sadist who derived pleasure by inflicting pain. I'm sure he regrets getting caught, but I'm also sure he is still sadistic. He has forfeit any chance he had to play pro football in my book. I believe that most people who fight dogs actually take care of them, and when a dog has to be put down, they do it without inflicting further pain to the animal. I don't condone any of it but I can understand that it's a competition. There is no competition in torture for entertainment. It is simply evil and Tony Dungy is gullible and foolish if he believes Vick has any true remorse. I lost some respect for Dungy for defending this piece of human garbage.

I will forever root for the opponent of any franchise that stoops so low as to give this lowlife a job.

Dude

If animal welfare is such an issue with you, why don't you and the rest of these so-called "animal lovers" set up pickets at the dog tracks around this state?

What do you think they do to the loser dogs or the ones that are unfit to run? Feed them?

Greyhound breeders kill THOUSANDS of greyhounds every year nationwide...

I'm beginning to think that a lot of people on this board do not hate Vick for killing the dogs, they hated his wealth and fame and will try deny him ever having it again......

Snook

Hall of Famer

#98 : May 07, 2009, 11:36:57 AM

I'm beginning to think that a lot of people on this board do not hate Vick for killing the dogs, they hated his wealth and fame and will try deny him ever having it again......

Idiotic post.

There were 52 other guys on the Falcons that were rich and famous.  I didn't want their wealth or fame taken away...

But when you break the law, you have to pay consequences. 

By the way, Vick is STILL wealthy AND famous. 

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#99 : May 07, 2009, 11:38:14 AM

Dude

If animal welfare is such an issue with you, why don't you and the rest of these so-called "animal lovers" set up pickets at the dog tracks around this state?

What do you think they do to the loser dogs or the ones that are unfit to run? Feed them?

^^^reread the thread...that might help you out

Snook

Hall of Famer

#100 : May 07, 2009, 11:44:26 AM

Big difference:

Greyhound racing - LEGAL
Dog fighting - ILLEGAL

If you don't like the laws, write your Congressman.

But until then, you have to follow LAWS.  Vick didn't. 

Personally, I don't like that marijuana is illegal.  I'd like to smoke it out in public -- but that would get me arrested.  So... I choose not to do it. 

Is it really that difficult to understand this?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#101 : May 07, 2009, 11:54:53 AM

So do Veterinarians and animal shelters.   What's your point?

I hope you're not trying to compare the way those animals were killed with the way Vick and his cronies killed those dogs, because that's almost as bad as comparing how they treat their dogs to football players and race horses.

#102 : May 07, 2009, 03:07:14 PM

He lost his right to make money, it has nothing to do with anything more than the guy is a man who is so dumb as to piss it all away? 

While I agree that the guy is a dumbazz, he has not lost his right to make money.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#103 : May 07, 2009, 03:16:09 PM

If none of the owners decide that they want him on their team, what's the problem with that?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#104 : May 08, 2009, 02:30:00 PM

Two issues

The behavioral problems with Pit Bulls is directly tied to the majority of types of people that own them.

Saw one the other day a totally lovable and affectionate dog. Wouldn't hurt a flea. Good owner!

As to the subject of Vick all that I have read or seen from Vick is one that has received punishment for the crimes he committed.

To this date I have seen absolutely no remorse whatsoever by him for his actions. 

There are plenty of useful jobs he can dedicate his life to that would help people forgive him for the atrocities he committed and then lied continually until forced to confess because of the immense mandatory prison time he would be facing.

Does that sound like anyone seeking forgiveness?    There have been many professional athletes banned from sports by their behavior. Vick is certainly no different.  He still has  a Pete Rose arrogance about him and that remains unforgivable.

Wouldn't it would be great if Vick became a crusader against this horrible sub human activity?  He certainly could be a tremendous asset in eliminating the activity nationwide.  Funny, I see no actions by him in that direction?

I find that most telling.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tony Dungy and Michael Vick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools