Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone know: How many underdogs have actually won the SB? « previous next »
Page: 1

SB4TB

Starter

: February 03, 2007, 11:35:00 PM

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/superbowl/history/

11 from my count..

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#1 : February 03, 2007, 11:58:51 PM

11 out of 40? Hmm.

#2 : February 03, 2007, 11:38:55 PM

thnx man..... preciate cha!!!

#3 : February 03, 2007, 11:14:36 PM

I've been looking all over and can't find it anywhere. I know our Bucs were dogs as well as the Broncos in SB32 but was just wondering how many have pulled off the upset.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 04, 2007, 01:18:01 AM

New England was a HUGE underdog against St. Louis! Still the biggest show-up of all in the Super Bowl. Whoever was the TV announcer rattled off the starting lineup for the Rams, then said "being introduced as a team, The New England Patriots." That had to get into the Rams' heads and make them furious, to be shown up like that on worldwide TV. That's the reason individual players aren't announced anymore by at the stadium.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 04, 2007, 10:41:15 AM

New England was a HUGE underdog against St. Louis! Still the biggest show-up of all in the Super Bowl. Whoever was the TV announcer rattled off the starting lineup for the Rams, then said "being introduced as a team, The New England Patriots." That had to get into the Rams' heads and make them furious, to be shown up like that on worldwide TV. That's the reason individual players aren't announced anymore by at the stadium.

I prefer to have individual players announced, it's more fun that way.   I don't think the Patriots not announcing their no-names mattered in that superbowl.  Actually, I guess I wouldn't announce my players either if I didnt have any stars on the team.    The Rams had a ton of stars that year, and the Pats a bunch of no-names.  They had a good gameplan and got all the breaks.   They would have lost that game 9 out of 10 times.   The Rams were the better team.   

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 04, 2007, 01:18:15 PM

Don't forget the Jets.

Believe thay were, point wise, the largest underdogs.

Also, only 10 games were won by 7 points or less.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone know: How many underdogs have actually won the SB? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools