Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who you rootin for? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#15 : February 04, 2007, 11:50:08 AM

Colts, the words "Rex Grossman Super Bowl Champion QB" should never be uttered.

Why is that?

Because in his first year starting in the NFL he was inconsistent and had some bad games?

When the Bears win, Rex will be far from the worst Super Bowl winning QB.

Just off the top of my head 2 former Bucs in Dilfer and Williams come to mind.  Mark Rypien, Jim McMahon were nothing special at QB.  How about Jeff Hostetler?

It is funny to see people on here bash Rex who due to injuries this was his first full year in the league. Most QB's struggle their first full year, but he had more good games than bad.  He had more games with a QB rating over 100 than even Peyton Manning.  He had about 6 real bad games out of 18 this year, which is expected from a guy with his experience.  Everyone bags on Rex but the Bears defense has been JUST as inconsistent at times.  Fortunately for the Bears rarely have they been at the same time. 

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 04, 2007, 11:51:16 AM

Colts

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 04, 2007, 11:59:56 AM

Bears. Gator fans ought to going for Grossman but appear not to...mmmmmmmmmmm. Bears!
Has nothing to do with the qbs.  Its a team sport and I can't stand the Bears. 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 04, 2007, 12:01:06 PM

just want to see a great game

vipmark

Starter
#19 : February 04, 2007, 12:08:06 PM

I hope they use the Ref from the Colts-Pats game....that crew lets them play the game.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 04, 2007, 12:45:58 PM

da Bears

I will not be able to stand another Manning media love fest for the next 2 weeks.  If he wins, there will be endless "destiny" talk, "Manning quiets his critics" talk, and of course, "Manning might be the greatest ever" talk...

I want Peyton to lose, so in effect, I am rooting for Peyton to lose, not the bears to win.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 04, 2007, 12:47:18 PM

that is just plain dumb, if he wins, he deserves it, simple as that.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#22 : February 04, 2007, 12:51:30 PM

Can't the same be said for Manning if the Colts win?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 04, 2007, 12:52:10 PM

yes, but that doesn't mean I will like it...

lol

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#24 : February 04, 2007, 12:58:12 PM

yes, but that doesn't mean I will like it...

lol
See Im sitting in a win-win position.  I cant's stand the Bears, but I like Grossman.  If Colts win, I will be happy for Dungy.  If the Bears win, I will happy for Grossman.  I still think Colts will win this though.

#25 : February 04, 2007, 01:00:54 PM

Colts.

The thought of Rex hoisting the Lombardi perplexes me.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 04, 2007, 01:07:50 PM

The thought of Rex hoisting the Lombardi perplexes me.

even though I'm picking the Bears to win this thought scares me. He's a turd man and that site's going to be rough.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 04, 2007, 02:35:09 PM

Why is that?

Because in his first year starting in the NFL he was inconsistent and had some bad games?

When the Bears win, Rex will be far from the worst Super Bowl winning QB.

Just off the top of my head 2 former Bucs in Dilfer and Williams come to mind.  Mark Rypien, Jim McMahon were nothing special at QB.  How about Jeff Hostetler?

It is funny to see people on here bash Rex who due to injuries this was his first full year in the league. Most QB's struggle their first full year, but he had more good games than bad.  He had more games with a QB rating over 100 than even Peyton Manning.  He had about 6 real bad games out of 18 this year, which is expected from a guy with his experience.  Everyone bags on Rex but the Bears defense has been JUST as inconsistent at times.  Fortunately for the Bears rarely have they been at the same time. 

Exactly!  Yes when he's bad he's really bad.  But when he's good he's really really good.  He's a young inexperienced QB who is only going to get better.  I don't think this guy is nearly as bad as he's made out to be.

As for who I'm rooting for... I gotta go with Dungy.  I'm glad we have Gruden now but I will always be a Dungy fan for leading this team out of the dark ages. 

mrwycka

Second String

#28 : February 04, 2007, 02:44:00 PM

Da Bears!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 04, 2007, 02:44:57 PM

I think the Bears win, but I hope the Colts do.  I have changed my opinion on things, and think TD deserves one, moreso than many coaches in the NFL.

But the Bears should win easily.  I have no faith in TD in big games.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who you rootin for? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools