Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Poll about QB ability... « previous next »
Page: 1

K-Swiss

Starter

: May 05, 2009, 06:01:10 PM

Let me ask this question since I keep reading about Freeman being the starter compared to a veteran starting this year for the Bucs.  And since the Bucs area running a completely different offense than last year.

Q: Would a veteran QB in a "new system" be expected to have similar chances at being successful as would a rookie in an established system?

And looking at our current roster of QB's, who do you believe would be the best option in our new system?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 05, 2009, 06:04:13 PM

A veteran would be expected to perform better than a rookie -- despite an unfamiliar system -- because the veteran would've already had a chance to adapt to the NFL.  He's seen how quickly the holes close, how fast the defensive ends are, how coordinators disguise their defenses, etc.  It's a solid advantage over a man who has never taken an NFL snap.

K-Swiss

Starter

#2 : May 05, 2009, 06:07:25 PM

A veteran would be expected to perform better than a rookie -- despite an unfamiliar system -- because the veteran would've already had a chance to adapt to the NFL. He's seen how quickly the holes close, how fast the defensive ends are, how coordinators disguise their defenses, etc. It's a solid advantage over a man who has never taken an NFL snap.

Good points, and looking at our current roster of QB's who do you think has the better chance this year?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#3 : May 06, 2009, 05:17:14 AM

I like Luke You see some flash at times. Then you see bonehead plays that you just say why in the hel! did he do that!!! Luke has the arm he can run he just needs time to play.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#4 : May 06, 2009, 07:02:10 AM

Hell, that's easy......considering so many that visit this message board think the Bucs will go 4-12 this upcoming season.......go ahead and throw Freeman out there on day one........."Let's get him going."

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 06, 2009, 07:11:41 AM

The problem is there's no 'perfect' answer with the guys we have at QB.

1. JJ - how much has he grown from last year? Since we took Freeman, I'm guessing Raheem doesn't project JJ as a starter in Jag's offense. Maybe he'd be better in Gruden's? We may never know...
2. Freeman - rookie says it all. Maybe he can overcome 'rookie-itis' as Dan Marino and others did. He's already got the physical tools, both throwing and running, and has better pocket awareness than our vets do right now. How he is between the ears will determine whether he can start this year.
3. McCown - pocket awareness and general indecisiveness are his bugaboos. Got a good arm and can run. He's not got a lot of game experience, but has some.
4. Leftwich - Notorious slow windup and doesn't run well. Got a lot of game experience, but we don't know what he's got left inthe tank. Conditioning is an issue for him. If he comes in camp in great shape, my money's on him to start.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Poll about QB ability... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools