Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ticket prices going up!!! what the f??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

joebuc

Practice Squad

: February 04, 2007, 11:43:05 AM

how do they justify raising our season ticket prices?
 [banghead]

vipmark

Starter
#1 : February 04, 2007, 11:54:36 AM

Democrats are going to raise taxes...be ready to pay more for everything

#2 : February 04, 2007, 11:58:42 AM

Ummm...every team is, the NFL is booming, that warrants a price raise...supply / demand, simple economics.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 04, 2007, 12:00:15 PM

as long as there are people willing to pay the higher prices, they will continue to go up, like everything else...

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 04, 2007, 12:01:35 PM

How is the soaring price of gas justified as well? Or cigarettes? It's simple economics. Price goes up but people continue to pay it, so price goes up again and again.

vipmark

Starter
#5 : February 04, 2007, 12:03:01 PM

They got me.  ....I hope they don't require us to re-license...that would be a pisser

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 04, 2007, 12:05:01 PM

As much as the NFL is really a business and will charge what people will pay--it still should be based on well a team is doing more than people trying to make an extra few bucks. When the team goes 4-12 and there is too many empty seats in the stands then you don't raise prices.  I went to the Seattle game and I think the stadium was only about 3/4 full.  Its easy getting tickets now and rasing prices are not going to encourage people to go. All those people that dont have season tickets just won't buy a ticket if the team is not doing well. Economics will come into play if the Bucs have another bad season.

vipmark

Starter
#7 : February 04, 2007, 12:11:31 PM

what does the PR have to do to get your $2.33 per month?

#8 : February 04, 2007, 12:19:15 PM

As much as the NFL is really a business and will charge what people will pay--it still should be based on well a team is doing more than people trying to make an extra few bucks. When the team goes 4-12 and there is too many empty seats in the stands then you don't raise prices.  I went to the Seattle game and I think the stadium was only about 3/4 full.  Its easy getting tickets now and rasing prices are not going to encourage people to go. All those people that dont have season tickets just won't buy a ticket if the team is not doing well. Economics will come into play if the Bucs have another bad season.
Tampa is a huge goober / fairweather city, but #### the people who won't support the team no matter the record.

PewterReportHM

Starter
#9 : February 04, 2007, 12:24:28 PM

Well, one way to look at it is that the NFL is still the best season ticket deal in any major sport.

Another, if it makes you feel any better, is that the Bucs' ticket prices are still way below many other teams.  Patriots' AVERAGE seat price is $100, and the endzone seats are about $90.

HM

#10 : February 04, 2007, 12:25:52 PM

Well, one way to look at it is that the NFL is still the best season ticket deal in any major sport.

Another, if it makes you feel any better, is that the Bucs' ticket prices are still way below many other teams. Patriots' AVERAGE seat price is $100, and the endzone seats are about $90.

HM
The Patriots' fans also know the team knows best when they get rid of great old time players....this town could learn a lot from the Patriots, even if I hate them and the Sox / C's / B's.

PewterReportHM

Starter
#11 : February 04, 2007, 12:33:46 PM

Yep.  They do that very well.  Only 9 players on the roster from the 2001 SB team.

One Buc front office guy said to me in Mobile:  "What Belichick and Pioli say is right.  It's always better to get rid of a guy a year too early than a year too late."

Should be an interesting off-season to watch the Bucs' D.

#12 : February 04, 2007, 12:35:29 PM

They got me.  ....I hope they don't require us to re-license...that would be a pisser

I agree with you and I'm not sure I will... mainly on principle.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 04, 2007, 12:41:32 PM

As much as the NFL is really a business and will charge what people will pay--it still should be based on well a team is doing more than people trying to make an extra few bucks. When the team goes 4-12 and there is too many empty seats in the stands then you don't raise prices.  I went to the Seattle game and I think the stadium was only about 3/4 full.  Its easy getting tickets now and rasing prices are not going to encourage people to go. All those people that dont have season tickets just won't buy a ticket if the team is not doing well. Economics will come into play if the Bucs have another bad season.

yet there are 100,000 people on the bucs season ticket waiting list?

care to re-think your answer?

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#14 : February 04, 2007, 12:47:03 PM

As much as the NFL is really a business and will charge what people will pay--it still should be based on well a team is doing more than people trying to make an extra few bucks. When the team goes 4-12 and there is too many empty seats in the stands then you don't raise prices. I went to the Seattle game and I think the stadium was only about 3/4 full. Its easy getting tickets now and rasing prices are not going to encourage people to go. All those people that dont have season tickets just won't buy a ticket if the team is not doing well. Economics will come into play if the Bucs have another bad season.
Tampa is a huge goober / fairweather city, but #### the people who won't support the team no matter the record.
true.  I can't count how many games I went to and sat in the endzone to be the only ones in orange. When Tampa is great, we have a 100K waitinglist.  When they are not so good, you can pretty much sit any where you want. I really enjoy going to the games even if they do lose. It sures makes it better when they win. I think it will change as the team gets older. I think up until a few years ago the Bucs fan base had a lot of people that rooted for other teams before there was even a team. Then it changed to those like me that grew up as a bucs fan and now it changing to a lot of young people starting to follow them.  Its this new generation that will be the diehearts. The problem is the young ones can't afford to go and spend $200 at every game. 2 tickets at $74, couple of beers, couple of hotdogs and you've spent a day's pay.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ticket prices going up!!! what the f??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools