Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ticket prices going up!!! what the f??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#15 : February 04, 2007, 12:49:35 PM

As much as the NFL is really a business and will charge what people will pay--it still should be based on well a team is doing more than people trying to make an extra few bucks. When the team goes 4-12 and there is too many empty seats in the stands then you don't raise prices. I went to the Seattle game and I think the stadium was only about 3/4 full. Its easy getting tickets now and rasing prices are not going to encourage people to go. All those people that dont have season tickets just won't buy a ticket if the team is not doing well. Economics will come into play if the Bucs have another bad season.

yet there are 100,000 people on the bucs season ticket waiting list?

care to re-think your answer?
nope--I went to the Seattle game and saw for myself how empty the stadium was.  By half time, less than half of the crowd was still there. If the Bucs spend a few years below .500, there wont be anybody left on the waitinglist.  People put their names on there in hopes that when their name is called 6-7 years down the road they could afford season tickets.  The line moves a lot faster in the lean years.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 04, 2007, 12:53:09 PM

As much as the NFL is really a business and will charge what people will pay--it still should be based on well a team is doing more than people trying to make an extra few bucks. When the team goes 4-12 and there is too many empty seats in the stands then you don't raise prices. I went to the Seattle game and I think the stadium was only about 3/4 full. Its easy getting tickets now and rasing prices are not going to encourage people to go. All those people that dont have season tickets just won't buy a ticket if the team is not doing well. Economics will come into play if the Bucs have another bad season.

nope--I went to the Seattle game and saw for myself how empty the stadium was. By half time, less than half of the crowd was still there. If the Bucs spend a few years below .500, there wont be anybody left on the waitinglist. People put their names on there in hopes that when their name is called 6-7 years down the road they could afford season tickets. The line moves a lot faster in the lean years.

good, I put my son on that waiting list, hopefully when he graduates college, he'll get the call...

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 04, 2007, 01:08:10 PM

Yet there is no guaranteed committment, it is just a name on the list. That costs nothing. But when they are asked to fork over well over a grand plus, that commitment may sway a little more.

Not that it changes my mind. But one thing that kind of irks me is they are no longer on par with the other NFL franchises in the state. They are on average 10-20 dollars higher for a seat in Tampa compared to Jax and Miami. They used to be dead even in 2003.

PewterReportHM

Starter
#18 : February 04, 2007, 05:11:52 PM

The list is pretty bogus.  Just names with no commitment.

It might be more expensive than Miami and Jax, but at least the Bucs have a trophy.  Miami's last title was a lifetime ago and Jax still doesn't look like they are close.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ticket prices going up!!! what the f??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools