Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watch Friday Night Lights regularly? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

original

Pro Bowler

: March 27, 2007, 11:01:19 AM

We watched every episode and hate when it is not on.  Great show.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 27, 2007, 11:04:22 AM

This is one of the best shows I have ever seen on TV.  Bar none.  Agree it captures Texas small town and real highschool and families etc

That was my thought as well.   The writers of the show definitely know "reality" of the subject matter.   Acting is great and situations are just so accurate to real life.

I agree that it truly is one of the best shows I have seen on TV.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 27, 2007, 10:58:47 AM

This is one of the best shows I have ever seen on TV.  Bar none.  Agree it captures Texas small town and real highschool and families etc

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#3 : March 27, 2007, 10:56:11 AM

Buck-It loves it. I've never seen it.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 27, 2007, 10:51:32 AM

JMHO but I think it really captures Texas or Rural High school football in a most realistic contemporary societal fashion.   Anyone else impressed with this show?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 27, 2007, 05:39:10 PM

it's a good show, but it completely glorifies underage drinking, poor moral choices and teenage sex.

I watch the show every week, but it is not suited for viewers under 16 imo.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 27, 2007, 08:26:56 PM

Is it still on?  I know it was in danger of being cancelled, and I missed it the last 2 weeks.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 27, 2007, 09:11:06 PM

it's a good show, but it completely glorifies underage drinking, poor moral choices and teenage sex.

WRONG. It doesn't glorify it AT ALL. It shows what life is REALLY like in high school... ESPECIALLY for elite football players in a Texas town. People can't handle seeing the truth. Not suited for under 16? that's ridiculous.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 28, 2007, 02:30:34 AM

Good show.  Would recommend it to anyone who likes watching stuff about football drama.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 28, 2007, 08:51:23 AM

WRONG. It doesn't glorify it AT ALL. It shows what life is REALLY like in high school... ESPECIALLY for elite football players in a Texas town. People can't handle seeing the truth. Not suited for under 16? that's ridiculous.

Agree!  Sometimes "reality" is too much for some to accept.  Denial is often the first choice to avoid unpleasantness.   

Actually, while high school football is the binder of the show, I find the other representations of all those involved in that "particular culture of rural Texas high school football" both fascinating and most realistic today.

Just an excellent show with a very accurate look at contemporary society in that environment.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 28, 2007, 12:13:05 PM

If any of you get to watch this week's Two A Days on MTV, check it out. It's the semi-final game
and was one of the best HS football games I have ever shot or attended. I'd love feedback.
Although, the episodes where my camera work was seen the most have passed.

The look of the show has dramatically improved since the earlier episodes. We moved to a film-like
look with all of cameras dedicated to our main characters during their private lives and on the
sidelines. Game cameras are mixed looks of mostly a video look. I hated that. Too much $$$
to match all cameras.

Some of the shots from this week's show are as if you're watching a drama. Only difference, if we
missed a shot, we didn't get to call "cut" and do it over.

This particular game had a hell of a lot of drama and a lot of energy and passion.

Replays of show...

Two-a-Days New - Thu, Mar 29 - 11:00 PM MTV

Two-a-Days New    Sat, Mar 31 - 4:30 PM  MTV

The last episode is next Tuesday at 10pm. I had some good scenes with my
characters on that one.

My characters.

Number 52 - Mark McCarty DL/DE
Cheerleader Brittany Benton - Mark's girlfriend of 3 years

Number 18 - Brandon Clear - WR

Number 9 - Byron Clear - DE (He's Brandon's fraternal twin. Both have a full ride to Clemson.
Byron is a minor character.)

DC Coach Jeremy Pruitt

All episodes, game footage and deleted scenes on MTV at:

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/2_a_days/series.jhtml

buckit

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 28, 2007, 01:03:17 PM

I saw Tim Tebow on Two-A-Days.  He had a great arm.  Gators are lucky to have him.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 28, 2007, 01:15:16 PM

Tebow on TAD?

???

John Parker Wilson, Alabama's QB and brother of Ross Wilson (QB of Hoover Bucs, the
team featured on TAD) was shown in the last episode in the stands,

Don't know anything about Tebow though.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 28, 2007, 01:23:49 PM

The Bucs were travelling to Florida to play his team.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 28, 2007, 01:25:39 PM

Ahhh, last season. I only shot this season's shows. I didn't see much of last season.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watch Friday Night Lights regularly? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools