Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lesbian teen sues for right to wear tux to prom « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

Booker

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 09, 2009, 03:32:03 PM

why would someone make fun of a girl in a suit?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 09, 2009, 03:38:59 PM

why would someone make fun of a girl in a suit?

Depends on the Tuxedo:

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 09, 2009, 03:44:30 PM

If they let Hillary Clinton wear those tacky nasty ugly pant suits, why can't they let a girl wear a tux...granted it is unusual but its whatever...

As long as shes hot, theres no problem.

#33 : May 09, 2009, 04:01:56 PM

Who cares if a chick wants to wear a tux let her if a guy wants to wear a dress let him, what's the big deal anyways.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 09, 2009, 04:34:07 PM

I love that movie.   The part where her little brother is trying to get laid by helping a girl with her homework and the girl's about to leave without having sex with him, so he says "would it make any difference if I told you I was hung like a bear?" and she says "Maybe, - are you?"   then he answers "No.... just asking"  is classic.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#35 : May 09, 2009, 04:59:37 PM

The homophobia and sexism on this board never fails to amaze me.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#36 : May 09, 2009, 05:30:16 PM

O lord. Next is gonna be some guy suing because he can't wear a dress to prom.

to late

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail.asp?id=31327

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 09, 2009, 07:44:00 PM

I remember when I went to my senior prom, there were a few students everyone knew were gay, and they had no problem at all wearing clothes that properly represented their gender. They didnt feel discriminated against.

Even the tomboy girls wore dresses for prom.

Im glad I dont go to high school today. Too much damn political correctness and left-wing teachers.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 09, 2009, 07:52:46 PM

The homophobia and sexism on this board never fails to amaze me.

The blatant love and support of gays and people who just want to push the system on this board never fails to amaze me.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 09, 2009, 07:58:02 PM

There are rules, follow them.

So no matter what the rules are, you follow them? If that was the case, girls would have been forced to wear dresses to school when I was attending. Not that I would mind that. But it's a sexist rule. Civil disobedience is how some things get changed in this country. Bad rules are made to be broken. If she hadn't won the right to wear the dress, she should have showed up with the pant's suit any way. And nobody would be getting hurt by her doing that. This is obviously not a huge deal for 99% of the kids. But it was for her. Smart move by the school.

This is a selfish individual

Major assumption. I guess Rosa's preference to sit in the front of the bus was selfish too? Heck, she was going to upset all of those white folks! No, not on the same level or even close. But the selfish label is off base here.

trying to use her preference in the bedroom to her advantage to get what she wants.

So when girls didn't have to wear dresses to school any more, was it because of their preference in the bedroom? The girl's reason for wanting to wear pants is irrelevant.

If the rules are to wear a dress, you wear a dress...end of story.

Except it wasn't the end.

So it's up to the courts now to decide if the school is preventing her "right" to self expression?

If it's discrimination based on sex, then yes.

Well what if a guy wants to wear a dress?

Already addressed. And who cares? If they're wearing something dressy. that should be fine. How about the girls wearing slutty dresses? Is that better than a dress pant's suit?

What if a few students decide they'd like to express themselves by wearing skirts with tuxedo tops? You can't just get what you want because you are gay, and IMO that's all this is about.

Nah, other girls will follow her lead and in the future, some will forgo the dress.

The GIRL sees a dress as a representation of sexual identity, that doesn't mean other people have to see it that way.

Nope. It's irrelevant how other people see it and how she feels about the dress.

If it were up to me I'd say fine you don't have to wear a dress because you aren't going, wear a tux at home in your bedroom.

And you would have been overruled, IMO, if it had gotten to court.

This isn't about gay/lesbian behavior, it's about an attention whore who needs to get her way.

Lots of attention whores in this world. I don't see her as one of them.

Joe I'm sorry but it seems as though you are just refusing to see this girl for what she is, a drama hungry attention whore who NEEDS to get her way. How can you possibly say it's an assumption to believe she is selfish when she is going so far as to drag the courts into this so that she can wear a certain outfit to a meaningless prom? All of this hoopla, all of these people involved so that one girl can wear a tux to prom? That's the very definition of a selfish attention whore. It's not as though the school is being unreasonable. Oh no! Can you believe a school in America is requiring a GIRL to wear a dress to a formal prom? What are we coming to? Is it going to humiliate or demean her to wear the damn dress? Of course not, it will have no effect whatsoever. The problem is that it's not what she WANTS. Clearly her parents failed at teaching her that you don't always get what you want. Wear the dress and enjoy the night, any rational human being would choose that route. Yet this little baby has to get her way so badly she gets the courts involved.

I said it in a separate thread, I'm very close to believing a lot of gay individuals are merely people who need attention and are willing to sleep with the same sex to get it. Look at me, I'm different!

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#40 : May 09, 2009, 08:33:47 PM

O lord. Next is gonna be some guy suing because he can't wear a dress to prom.

to late

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail.asp?id=31327

LMFAO. Dont even try to say that homo isnt an attention whore ufojoe.

Both of these people are attention whores. What are you symbolizing by wearing what the opposite sex should? Not all lesbians are "butch" and not all gay guys are feminine.

This thread is hilarious.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#41 : May 09, 2009, 08:35:25 PM

I agree 100% with Escobar. If this person isnt doing this for attention, then why is it such a big deal that you have to involve the courts? This is obviously a drama queen who wishes they were a drama king.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 09, 2009, 09:12:46 PM

Joe I'm sorry but it seems as though you are just refusing to see this girl for what she is, a drama hungry attention whore who NEEDS to get her way.

Like I said, that's an assumption. Lets assume she wants to do this because she loves the attention. Doesn't matter. She should (and was) have been able to wear any outfit that was formal dress, including a tux. Really not a big deal and that's why the school gave in.

How can you possibly say it's an assumption to believe she is selfish when she is going so far as to drag the courts into this so that she can wear a certain outfit to a meaningless prom?

Easy. I don't know what she was thinking and neither to you. Assumption. Threatening court action was her only option after the school first refused to let her wear what she wanted.

All of this hoopla, all of these people involved so that one girl can wear a tux to prom?

You're right. The school should have let her wear it in the first place. But they finally got it right so no harm done.

That's the very definition of a selfish attention whore.

Assume away.

It's not as though the school is being unreasonable. Oh no! Can you believe a school in America is requiring a GIRL to wear a dress to a formal prom? What are we coming to? Is it going to humiliate or demean her to wear the damn dress? Of course not, it will have no effect whatsoever.

Not allowing her to wear her choice of formal wear is unreasonable. Forcing her to wear a dress is ridiculous. I think more and more people are realizing that. If she wants to wear a dress, great. If not, great. As long as it's formal-wear.

The problem is that it's not what she WANTS. Clearly her parents failed at teaching her that you don't always get what you want. Wear the dress and enjoy the night, any rational human being would choose that route. Yet this little baby has to get her way so badly she gets the courts involved.

Smart move by her. I would have done the same thing. The school deserves to be pointed out for not seeing how much of a non-event her wanting to wear a tux was. 

I said it in a separate thread, I'm very close to believing a lot of gay individuals are merely people who need attention and are willing to sleep with the same sex to get it. Look at me, I'm different!

That explains a lot of what you wrote in this thread.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 09, 2009, 09:13:56 PM

I remember when I went to my senior prom, there were a few students everyone knew were gay, and they had no problem at all wearing clothes that properly represented their gender. They didnt feel discriminated against.

Even the tomboy girls wore dresses for prom.

Im glad I dont go to high school today. Too much damn political correctness and left-wing teachers.

Political correctness is forcing this girl to wear a dress.  So your comments are pretty ironic.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 09, 2009, 10:15:33 PM

Joe, give me a break. The reason SOME gays do these stunts is because of attention. No question about it. They want to scream out "Look at me! Im gay and I'm proud!" Their goal is to also undermind and screw the system.

Just like that judge in that beauty pagent recently. It was designed to promote an agenda. It was a question that had no business being in that type of forum. But the judge is gay and wanted attention.

I dont have a problem with homosexuality. I don't give a damn what you do in your bedroom. But don't force your lifestyle down the throat of society and force everyone to change their entire belief system, religion, and how they were raised. That's selfish.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lesbian teen sues for right to wear tux to prom « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools