Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Booger for Nate Clements « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 16, 2006, 01:41:44 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing Nate, but Booger, his lack of performance, and his huge contract are major factors in all of this. It won't be straight up, that is for sure. What will the Bucs throw in? A fourth rounder? A fifth? Another player?

Who knows.

Talent wise, I'd ask for a 3rd and Booger if I was Buffalo.  And If I'm the Bucs I'd do it.  Kelly's season looks to be in jeopardy as well as possibly his career.  We get to get rid of Booger, which we'd do for free, and get a top flight corner for a 3rd round pick.  The chances of us getting a player of his caliber in the 3rd are not likely.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 16, 2006, 01:42:59 PM

Clements is one of the best corners in the entire league. If we could actually pull this off it would be a major steal!

It would be a steal through the end of the year, then we would have to pay out the nose to keep him.  This defense doesn't need a high-profile CB if we can get the pressure we need on the front line.  I think Gruden is a fan of flashy DBs, but it's not a requirement for our defense when run properly, and the cap space is better spent elsewhere.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 16, 2006, 01:43:37 PM

It would be a steal through the end of the year, then we would have to pay out the nose to keep him.  This defense doesn't need a high-profile CB if we can get the pressure we need on the front line.  I think Gruden is a fan of flashy DBs, but it's not a requirement for our defense when run properly, and the cap space is better spent elsewhere.

Like a nice DT maybe?

wtmcgee

Starter

#18 : October 16, 2006, 01:44:27 PM

Clements is a really good corner, that's for sure.  But i'm not sure he's the 'style' of player we generally use here in Tampa.  Guess we'll see what happens.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 16, 2006, 01:45:02 PM

Talent wise, I'd ask for a 3rd and Booger if I was Buffalo.  And If I'm the Bucs I'd do it.  Kelly's season looks to be in jeopardy as well as possibly his career.  We get to get rid of Booger, which we'd do for free, and get a top flight corner for a 3rd round pick.  The chances of us getting a player of his caliber in the 3rd are not likely.

Yeah but in the end, Clements will ask for his jack.  So are we in the business of renting CBs this year?  

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 16, 2006, 01:45:08 PM

Like a nice DT maybe?

Damn straight.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 16, 2006, 01:46:35 PM

Damn straight.

We are in accord on that line of thinking.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 16, 2006, 01:48:08 PM

Yeah but in the end, Clements will ask for his jack.  So are we in the business of renting CBs this year?  

Nope.  We pay him.  He's also one of the best return men in the league.  

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 16, 2006, 01:50:21 PM

Nope.  We pay him.  He's also one of the best return men in the league. 

And then what?  We go with undersized, worthless DTs again?  They play the most importnat (arguably) position in this Tampa2 scheme.  I would rather spend the money on the DT, or D-line, and throw Joey G into the PR duties.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 16, 2006, 01:50:46 PM

Well you have to tweak the sceme for your players.  If we can get a shutdown corner easier than we can get a pass rusher we'd have to go that route.  

We can't continue to play corners that aren't good in man to man if we don't have any pass rush.  If at the end of the year it looks like we can get a rusher, then maybe we let Clements walk.  If there is no pass rush to be had, we keep Clements.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 16, 2006, 01:51:53 PM

And then what? We go with undersized, worthless DTs again? They play the most importnat (arguably) position in this Tampa2 scheme. I would rather spend the money on the DT, or D-line, and throw Joey G into the PR duties.

You're implying that there are all these wonderful DT's with pass rushing skills out there for the taking.  I don't see them.  Where do you?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 16, 2006, 01:53:03 PM

You're implying that there are all these wonderful DT's with pass rushing skills out there for the taking. I don't see them. Where do you?

Who knows man.  If the Bucs can swing a deal for one, that would be nice.  I would not put it past them, if I were you...

I smell a trade a comin'...it's comin' around the bend.  And I aint seen the sunshine, since, I don't know when...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 16, 2006, 01:53:52 PM

You're implying that there are all these wonderful DT's with pass rushing skills out there for the taking. I don't see them. Where do you?

Hey as long as the Bucs can grab ANYONE on the D-line, is what I was implying.  And come next year, some good ones will pop into play.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 16, 2006, 01:55:48 PM

Hey as long as the Bucs can grab ANYONE on the D-line, is what I was implying. And come next year, some good ones will pop into play.

If we can get someone to rush the passer then I'd rather do that.  It's just that teams don't usually let guys like that go.  As of now though it looks like the pass rusher market is bare. 

T

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 16, 2006, 02:22:54 PM

I would trade Booger for 5 Monopoly game pieces from McDonalds.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Booger for Nate Clements « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools