Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Way to go Colts! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : February 05, 2007, 03:53:53 PM

I'm a deist, if God made Dungy win the Super Bowl and allows kids to die starving, he's got bad priorities.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 05, 2007, 10:16:12 PM

"The word also quite profoundly tells us we have free will to create and make our own way and choose our own walk on this earth. I guess next your going to tell me God loves the fact this violent sport is played on the Sabbath.

I also have a hard time following your logic that Dungy knows what it takes and Gruden does not. Gruden got his first. And if Dungy was so astute at surrounding himself with talent that could take him there-- with a full cap and every draft pick allotted, why didn't he do it here. Why get guys like Quez, Anthony, and King, etc.. Why couldn't he coach them up. Why couldn't he get guys like Christiensen to perform. Circumstances happen, thats why, bad choices are made, thats why. It goes both ways, but you give Gruden no credit what so ever and all the blame.

Dungy does deserve all the accolades for a fine season and performance. Yet you say we should have kept him when it was obvious for 4 seasons he was not going to get this team over the top."

I have given Gruden in the past.  I would have to agree that circumstances did cost Dungy his job in Tampa, but shouldn't those same circumstances cost Gruden his as well? 
Also, I see your logic in playing on Sunday, but with that said, should we even watch?  I honor God each and every day in my walk.  It may appear to those on this board that I am some sort of fanatical preacher who cares about nothing other than wanting Gruden fired.  Yes, I want him fired, but if not, I'm still going to proclaim that Jesus Christ is still the King of Kings to anyone who will listen. 

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 05, 2007, 10:20:41 PM

CLICK!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 05, 2007, 10:33:14 PM

CLICK!

You really do need to grow up propeller. 

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 05, 2007, 10:34:05 PM

CLICK!

CLICK!

BP1

Pro Bowler

#20 : February 05, 2007, 10:49:45 PM

amazing that the Grudenistas are just boiling over the fact that Dungy won.
What amazes me more is that everyone will want gruden back if he goes 8-8 next season and His offense is ranked #20 instead of at the bottom.

it's fan like you that make me boil over. you bring up this boring discussion all the time. Go be a Colts fan. The reason Dungy FINALLY won the SB is because his defense FINALLY decided to complement the offense. DUngy wouldn't have own a SB here in Tampa, we don't have Peyton Manning.

Dungy won the SB with Tom Moore's offense.

Too funny! the Dungy philosophy on defense finally took center stage this season and he won the whole thing. He also won a heck of a lot of games in the seasons leading up to this point. If gruden is STILL implimenting His system, why is it still not effective?? Because he just is not as good as everyone thinks he is.

It could be he still does not have all the players in place. I think the cap has held him back. Also you can't count it against him all the big draft picks given up to bring him here. His offense seemed to work well in Oakland.

#21 : February 05, 2007, 10:52:06 PM

CLICK!

Je-sus blocks!
Je-sus blocks!
With me, with me .....

#22 : February 05, 2007, 10:53:17 PM

LMAO..... oops, can I say that?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#23 : February 05, 2007, 10:53:58 PM

click...click...click...click...click

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#24 : February 06, 2007, 12:53:01 AM

I have given Gruden in the past. I would have to agree that circumstances did cost Dungy his job in Tampa, but shouldn't those same circumstances cost Gruden his as well?
 It may appear to those on this board that I am some sort of fanatical preacher who cares about nothing other than wanting Gruden fired. Yes, I want him fired, but if not, I'm still going to proclaim that Jesus Christ is still the King of Kings to anyone who will listen.

Shouldn't Gruden be afforded the same 6 years Tony got? Afterall we know he can achieve the pinnacle of a SB trophy, and he has had far more adversity in fielding a team than Dungy had due to prior administrations mortgaging.

That Jon Gruden is one of the worst coaches in the NFL the last four years??

BTW while you are proclaiming Jesus is the King of Kings-- realize He is frowning on your sin of judging men and flat out deceptive statements. The word says that should not be part of your walk you claim to be so proud of. I doubt he finds much humour in your recent cult analogy either. Food for thought.

CLICK

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Way to go Colts! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools