Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I saw Prince's 1984 Purple Rain tour...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Ironphister

Second String

#30 : February 05, 2007, 02:11:35 PM

i knew a girl named Nikki, i guess you could say she was a ... fiend.  met her in a hotel lobby ............ with a magazine.

thank you for a funky time - call me up whenever you wanna grind!

#31 : February 05, 2007, 03:23:09 PM

i knew a girl named Nikki, i guess you could say she was a ... fiend.  met her in a hotel lobby ............ with a magazine.

thank you for a funky time - call me up whenever you wanna grind!

Classic!!!

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 06, 2007, 12:10:04 AM

I grew up on Purple Rain and the Minneapolis sound (The Time, Vanity, Sheila E). Prince has always been the ultimate performer.

He's not as good as he used to be since he's become a Jehovah's Witness - a lot of the edge he had as a performer went away. He doesn't do the "Evil" songs any more.

"Little Red" falls in that category.

People call him a flake because of his mannerisms and the whole "Artist Formerly Known as" thing. The symbol thing was a fight with Warner Bros, his record label. He wanted to be able to produce as much music as he could....they impeded that. He wanted out...thus he changed his name to the unpronouncable symbol and wrote SLAVE on his cheek. As for the mannerisms. Prince is not gay (at least not that I know of). He's had more hot women then any of us could ever dream of...from Vanity to Carmen Electra to his ex-wife Mayte. He may have been the first official metrosexual. He was always in touch with his "feminine side".  For macho guys like us - that's weird...but hey - he must have been doing something right.

As he delved deeper and deeper into his new religious calling and his music got stranger and stranger, I moved away from him as my favorite artist and began to start to enjoy a much harder, edgier style of rock - like System of a Down, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson and Korn. I also dug some Christian rock like CREED and their eventual Stapp-less metamorphisis into Alter Bridge. I like American Idol's Daughtry.

If its got great guitar - I love it.

It was great though to see the old man still able to sing and put on a hell of a show.

Good for him.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I saw Prince's 1984 Purple Rain tour...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools