Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grossman Sucks!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

DeadmenTNT

Starter
« #45 : February 05, 2007, 09:06:09 AM »

Well with delaying on paying Lovie and also letting Riviera's contract expire, i don't think they are very smart.

I didn't hear any talk about extending Lovie until this season was nearly complete. I think it's rare that contracts are negotiated in the middle of the season, so I don't subscribe to the "delaying paying Lovie" concept.

Rivera wants to be a head coach. No way he was going to re-up as the DC in Chicago without first interviewing for a HC position elsewhere.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

bucnut

Hall of Famer
« #46 : February 05, 2007, 09:09:46 AM »

I don't think the loss can go totally on Grossman's head, although he looked awful.  I think it's a case where small hands + rain + horrible O-Line play = losing to a better team. 

NFC South BBS  Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #47 : February 05, 2007, 09:18:37 AM »

It is clear Grossman is a sub- standard NFL QB that certainly by this time should be more developed. Unlike Gradkowski he isn't a rookie!!  Griese and Orton would have been better choices but sometimes coaches are a bit too loyal to substandard and won't make the necessary changes.  Grossman was bumbling and stumbling mistake and really the primary reason the bears couldn't hold the lead.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #48 : February 05, 2007, 09:21:35 AM »

Grossman did everything he could to help lose this game. Good Rex didn't show up and the Colts did what they had to do to make him pay for those mistakes.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #49 : February 05, 2007, 09:37:32 AM »

I don't think the loss can go totally on Grossman's head, although he looked awful. I think it's a case where small hands + rain + horrible O-Line play = losing to a better team.

Grossman was the main reason the Bears lost last night. He was awful, really awful. it can totally be hung on Grossman.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #50 : February 05, 2007, 09:41:57 AM »

Honestly, Grossman or no Grossman, I think the #1 reason the Bears lost last night was not having Tommy Harris.  The decline in the play of the Bears defense since he has been out should answer a lot of questions for thos who aren't sure about drafting a UT in round 1.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #51 : February 05, 2007, 09:46:21 AM »

Honestly, Grossman or no Grossman, I think the #1 reason the Bears lost last night was not having Tommy Harris. The decline in the play of the Bears defense since he has been out should answer a lot of questions for thos who aren't sure about drafting a UT in round 1.

I know it's a big loss but the 80 plays probably had something to do with that as well.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #52 : February 05, 2007, 09:47:27 AM »

Honestly, Grossman or no Grossman, I think the #1 reason the Bears lost last night was not having Tommy Harris.  The decline in the play of the Bears defense since he has been out should answer a lot of questions for thos who aren't sure about drafting a UT in round 1.

No one is opposed to UT, they are more opposed to the particular UT we might have to select.

Of course the Colts D looked pretty good and who the heck is their UT?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #53 : February 05, 2007, 10:20:59 AM »

Honestly, Grossman or no Grossman, I think the #1 reason the Bears lost last night was not having Tommy Harris. The decline in the play of the Bears defense since he has been out should answer a lot of questions for thos who aren't sure about drafting a UT in round 1.

No one is opposed to UT, they are more opposed to the particular UT we might have to select.

Of course the Colts D looked pretty good and who the heck is their UT?

The Bears needed the pressure up the middle to force Manning into bad throws/decisions.  Grossman had that handled all on his own and didn't need much help from the Indy D.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #54 : February 05, 2007, 10:24:26 AM »

Grossman was far from sharp but at least 25 teams in the NFL are held hostage by inconsistent QB play. It's a league wide epidemic. If it wasn't Grossman it would have been someone else.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Max Power

Starter

« #55 : February 05, 2007, 10:24:39 AM »

I don't think theres a Tommie Harris in this draft. With the 3rd or 4th pick it would be a great year to get a great QB or DT but it doesn't look like there are any.

I criticize Simms a lot for his short comings but he's leagues better then Grossman. That guy has always been a mess as a pro. At least with Chris there is potential.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

« #56 : February 05, 2007, 10:44:58 AM »

Grossman had a bad game.  I think part of that was due to the weather, part of due to Colts D playing very well, and part goes to Grossman himself for making mistakes.  I think even if he had played better that the Colts still would have won.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #57 : February 05, 2007, 10:46:49 AM »

I think even if he had played better that the Colts still would have won.

hard to say either way. If Grossman doesn't vomit all over himself the Bears D isn't on the field as long, maybe could've played with more emergy towards the end of the game, blah, blah.

Grossman was awful, really awful and was reason #1 they lost, IMO

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #58 : February 05, 2007, 10:51:51 AM »

One thing on Grossman and I said it before the game...You keep Grossman out of 3rd and 2's and he won't get it done.

Grossman went 4-for-29 in the postseason when facing third-and-4 or longer.

Grossman is young has upside but as of now and its a here and now world, Grossman is a liability and it was shown last night when he could not PA fake and dump to the FB in the flat on 3rd and 2, wasn't there.

Baghead #2

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

« #59 : February 05, 2007, 10:54:07 AM »

Colts offense spent about 80% of the 2nd half on the field.  Nothing Grossman could have done to stop them. Colts put together long drives that ate away at the clock and wore down the Bears defense.  Best Grossman could have done is keep the Bears offense on the field longer. With about 7 minutes left, Colts were up by 2 scores and their defense made plays to keep Chicago from scoring.  Grossman was even getting into a rhythm and Bears offense still couldnt do anything.  It was just not the Bears night.  

edit: Bears defense wasnt exactly making highlight plays to help the offense out.  Manning and Urlacher were about the only guys who showed up.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grossman Sucks!!! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools