Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grossman Sucks!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

#60 : February 05, 2007, 10:55:21 AM

I didn't hear any talk about extending Lovie until this season was nearly complete.

Just because you didn't hear about it doesn't mean that it didn't exist. Lovie's agent approached them about a raise and extension after Lovie won Coach of the Year but the team decided to delay talks. Now, it'll cost them millions more.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20060227/ai_n16196031

The deal didn't get done last spring after the Bears' turnaround 11-5 season because Phillips decided against "a short-term fix," in his words. He wanted to see Smith sustain the success on the field and the harmony with Angelo.

Considering how many hasty contract extensions in the NFL work out poorly (i.e. Jim Mora and the Atlanta Falcons, to name the most recent), it was a defensible position for Phillips--but an expensive one. Given the rise in coaches' salaries and the history Smith made in becoming the fastest Bears coach since George Halas to win 25 games, the decision to wait on the contract eventually could cost the Bears between $8 million and $10 million over its duration.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-0701250172jan25,1,4427715.story?coll=chi-sportsbears-hed

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#61 : February 05, 2007, 11:10:43 AM

I thought Gradkowski sucked. This guy sucks worse!

ummmm, I disagree...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#62 : February 05, 2007, 11:34:37 AM

We'll see what happens with Grads. He may never see the field again. More likely though, he's working
his ass off tryig to take his game to the NFL level. Hope he does it and hope it's with us. Even if it's in
a back-up role.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#63 : February 05, 2007, 11:36:37 AM

Watching Grossman play last night was like watching a highlight reel from the 1976 Bucs team.  Just an absolutely horrible performance, but it was expected.

#64 : February 05, 2007, 12:00:04 PM

I think even Karen realizes that, now.

Right?
Grossman can't deal with pressure. Gradsuckski is still worse.
You are just a hater. Nobody previously mentined Grads, and yet, you do.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#65 : February 05, 2007, 04:41:04 PM

I thought Gradkowski sucked. This guy sucks worse!

ummmm, I disagree...

I think even Karen realizes that, now.

Right?
Grossman can't deal with pressure. Gradsuckski is still worse.
You are just a hater. Nobody previously mentined Grads, and yet, you do.
Nooo. I wasn't the 1st to mention him.  And he does suck out loud!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#66 : February 05, 2007, 04:56:55 PM

This guy has no business playing QB. He blows!!!!!!!
  Bears site is open to all who care to go there.  This is the bucs site.  Just a thought. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grossman Sucks!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools