Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grossman Sucks!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 04, 2007, 11:18:49 PM

Griese isn't a saviour.  Grossman is a dud, for the most part.

Orton is the epitome of game manager.

The Bears will be a team that might blow through their weak division next year, but after that, it is a roll downhill...

Huey Freeman

Starter

#31 : February 05, 2007, 01:46:49 AM

"Sucks" is a serious understatement.  Like calling Tank Johnson "a casual gun collector" or the Bengals "a team with a couple of character issues."  Lovie made a Herm Edwards-like coaching mistake this year in sticking with a bad QB for too long.   

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 05, 2007, 01:59:40 AM

Hey, Lovie's loyal. That's the Lord's way.

gone

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 05, 2007, 01:59:53 AM

So many people here like to Praise Simms saying "he led us to the playoffs".   Well, Grossman "Led the bears to the SB".

Face it, neither of em led anyone anywhere.  They were carried, and when it came time for them to pull their own weight they showed they couldn't do it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 05, 2007, 02:03:40 AM

Simms struggled. But not as bad as Grossman. Or maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. Quite
possible. Some of Grossman's QB ratings this year were abysmal.

gone

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 05, 2007, 02:04:53 AM

Simms struggled. But not as bad as Grossman. Or maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. Quit
possible.
???

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 05, 2007, 02:13:59 AM

Simms' 3 games and QB rating were very Grossman-like. Well, the bad Grossman. But his
2005 ratings were fine. Like I said. Not as bad.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 05, 2007, 03:31:33 AM

There are posts on the Bears' message boards that don't blame Grossman and there are posts
that blame Rex and the D. And then there are these.

From the Chicago Tribune's Bears comments board:

Grossman does not have the intelligence to be a NFL QB. Its very evident that he has a touch of ability but no mechanics, no sense to study, no ability to adapt, read or adjust. Turner is no help. But its obvious why Wade Wilson is a little stand-off-ish with him...look for Matt Schaubb next year

Rex Grossman = Garbage

The Bst thing about that game was Prince. Rex has 2 GO. That SIMPLE.

Grossman sucks... he cannot throw a deep pass any longer, he throws it in the sky hoping it falls miracuoulsy in his receivers hands

It's embarassing that the rex excuse makers are still here! Did you not watch the game. This was the colts D and you had four 3 and outs in the first half and let your d hanging against Manning. You killed us

this sucks. yes, i was optimistic, but man, you look at a real QB (Manning) versus what we've got and there is your difference. Rex sucks, Turner is even worse, this was a typical Bears game that they had no chance of winning, watch this team go backwards now.

I'm sorry, Rex was DIRECTLY responsible for the Defense playing 40 minutes to the offense's 20. 3-and-out is not acceptable when you're going against Manning. EVERY analyst, even the ESPN idiots, knew that. Rex sacking himself on 2nd and 1 killed a key drive

Max Power

Starter

#38 : February 05, 2007, 03:43:31 AM

He's Delhomme without all the luck.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#39 : February 05, 2007, 04:08:20 AM

Honestly, the guy plays like he doesn't want to see the bears win.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 05, 2007, 07:37:33 AM

will go down as one of the worst performances in Super Bowl history. He was AWFUL, really awful.

#41 : February 05, 2007, 08:16:22 AM

So many people here like to Praise Simms saying "he led us to the playoffs".   Well, Grossman "Led the bears to the SB".

Face it, neither of em led anyone anywhere.  They were carried, and when it came time for them to pull their own weight they showed they couldn't do it.

Well said. With the #1 defense, Chris led us nowhere. He was along for the ride just like Grossman.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#42 : February 05, 2007, 08:21:52 AM

I don't know...this is Grossman's first complete season. With some more experience and his arm I think he will be a decent QB in the NFL. However, he did suck in the SB.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 05, 2007, 08:25:26 AM

I don't know...this is Grossman's first complete season. With some more experience and his arm I think he will be a decent QB in the NFL. However, he did suck in the SB.

I just don't see it. He's terrible at reading coverages and wasn't making clear decisions. He's terrible, on one int he actually had Moose to the inside but for some reason decided to throw a jump ball.

Grossman won't ever be a good NFL QB, he ruined what was a good defense and if the BEars are smart they'll bring in another Qb to lead the team.

#44 : February 05, 2007, 08:26:50 AM

Well with delaying on paying Lovie and also letting Riviera's contract expire, i don't think they are very smart.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grossman Sucks!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools