Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: People leaving the game early « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

: October 16, 2006, 05:03:48 AM

This is something I'll never understand.   How can it be so important to get home after a 1pm game that you would leave the game down by only 6 points with 6 minutes left?     Yet, with 6 minutes left the stadium was only about 60% as full as it was at the start.     

We went to Hooters after the game and it was very crowded with people who had been to the game.   However, when we first arrived we were about the only ones in there who had actually stayed to see the Bucs comeback win.   People kept asking us, "did you stay till the end of the game?  how was it?  it sounded great on the radio!"     I guess it was such a big rush for those people to get their chicken wings.   Watching the victory wasn't so important.   LOL!

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 16, 2006, 05:15:44 AM

Not the most loyal fanbase but they should of stayed.   I would give my left arm to have a game ticket and the plane ticket to see the Bucs for home games.    Couple more wins and the bandwagon will be full again.  Personally I'd rather see them in another team's jersey and the stadium half empty.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 16, 2006, 08:49:37 AM

Terrible. I saw Brooks waving his hands in the air late in the game like, "come on, make some noise".........

I would've stayed......had I been there.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 16, 2006, 09:00:49 AM

Those are the same people whom have given up on the season and feel compelled to go if they were given tickets or bought them as a fad back in the day...People get on and off the bandwagon all the time.  It happens.  As a loyal fan you gotta deal with them or ignore them.  If I were you Java, I'd have said some thing then...Like, if you'd have stayed you would have known how it ended... [banghead]

Other than that, what can you do?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 16, 2006, 09:10:17 AM

We stayed. It was just my youngest daughter, my youngest son, and I who attended the game; however. If my oldest boy was there; we might have left early too. He has autism, and loud moments are confusing and frightening to him at times (although he's been to a few games). It was definately loud at the end of the game; despite the people who had left early. If nothing else; it's football. Regardless of the outcome or record; it's football. If you enjoy watching the game; you should have stayed. I don't care if the Bucs lose their next 11 games; if you enjoy football, there's no greater place to watch a game.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 16, 2006, 09:13:19 AM

Why would someone leave a one score game early?   [banghead]

T

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 16, 2006, 09:41:59 AM

Worst fanbase in the entire NFL. It's a wonder how Pewter Report stays in business with such a fickle fanbase.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 16, 2006, 09:48:13 AM

Worst fanbase in the entire NFL. It's a wonder how Pewter Report stays in business with such a fickle fanbase.

I seriously doubt anyone attending the game who also subscribes to PR would have left the game early.     Although judging from the recent posts, it seems very few PR subscribers attended that game this week.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 16, 2006, 09:50:00 AM

This is something I'll never understand.   How can it be so important to get home after a 1pm game that you would leave the game down by only 6 points with 6 minutes left?     Yet, with 6 minutes left the stadium was only about 60% as full as it was at the start.

I dispute this observation completely. I paid particular attention to the crowd, as did my companion at the game who used binoculars to scan the stands for people leaving, and there is no way anywhere NEAR 40% of those in attendance left with 6 minutes left. Very few people were leaving early.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 16, 2006, 10:02:02 AM

DanTurksGhost, the memory card on my camera was full by that time from taking pictures of cheerleaders or I would have taken a picture of the stands.   I should have asked my brother to take a picture for proof.   I'll do it next game since it does happen every week.    The worst was the club section on the east side 50 yard line.  That section was only about 30% full.   The club section overall was sparse and the upper levels had cleared out by about 30-40% by the time there was only 6 minutes left.   I will say that the lower levels were still fairly crowded by that time.  But those are mostly people who migrated over from the old sombrero anyway.   I don't consider those to be the bandwagon fans.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 16, 2006, 10:05:49 AM

The worst was the club section on the east side 50 yard line.

Now I know that you're completely full of it. I sit right in the middle of East Club. Practically no one was leaving until the end of that game, and in a thread I posted earlier I commended the fans for getting on their feet and staying there after the Clayton catch was ruled an incompletion on the field.

Too bad you don't have the pictures.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 16, 2006, 10:10:56 AM

Too bad you don't have the pictures.

Like I said, I'll take them next week.   That section ALWAYS empties out early.   That was by far the most empty section in the stadium.  It was embarassing.  You sir, are the one who is full of crap if you think that section was more than 50% full by games end.   I guess since that section is normally only 10% full by games end makes 30% full seem like alot.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 16, 2006, 10:16:34 AM

I guess since that section is normally only 10% full by games end makes 30% full seem like alot.

You are really stretching to try and make a point. Normally only 10% full? Please. If you think there are only ever a few hundred people sitting in East Club, you need to pack some eyedrops for the next game.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 16, 2006, 10:32:41 AM

You are really stretching to try and make a point. Normally only 10% full? Please. If you think there are only ever a few hundred people sitting in East Club, you need to pack some eyedrops for the next game.

I'll be taking a picture of that section with the game clock in the background at the 2 minute warning of the Eagles game next week.   Let's see how many are seated there.    I hope it's full, but my guess is it will be about 10% full if the game isn't within a TD and 30% full otherwise.    Especially if it's hot.   I promise I'll take the picture and post it regardless of the results.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 16, 2006, 10:37:28 AM

Whatever makes you happy. I know the East Club section I was sitting in yesterday was as full as normal (about 70%) and virtually everyone stayed around until the very last tick. And the noise in my section was deafening. As loud as it had ever been in that stadium, and believe me I've been to a whole lot of games in the East Club.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: People leaving the game early « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools