Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: People leaving the game early « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

buco24

Practice Squad

#30 : October 16, 2006, 08:40:01 PM

[banghead] THOSE ARE THE SAME DAMN PEOPLE THAT SOLD THEIR PLAYOFF TICKETS AGAINST WASHINGTON!!!RESULT THE CROWD WAS LOUDER WHEN THEY SCORED THAN WHEN WE DID!!!!!! [banghead] THATS SAD BUCS FANS :'( IF YOUR NOT GOING TO STAY FOR THE WHOLE GAME ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS THAT CLOSE THEN GIVE UP YOUR SEASON TICKETS PLENTY OF PEOPLE ARE WAITING....

buco24

Practice Squad

#31 : October 16, 2006, 08:41:39 PM

The problem is that there are too many corporate accounts for the season tickets.
Also the reality is that the tickets are priced higher than many people can afford.

What I find a bigger problem than fans leaving early is the high number of fans of the opposing team. Both Washington games last year were flooded, FLOODED, with Skins fans. And games this year seem to have the same problem. There are too many fans from the opposing team.
The question I have is: How are they getting that many tickets? The answer is Bucs season ticket holders who no longer go to the game but hold on to the tickets because they don't want to lose the deposit. So they scalp the ticket to break even every year. And they dont give a damn if that ticket goes to a fan of the other team.

Meanwhile the real fans sitting on the waiting list are sitting at home watching the game.
AMEN THATS BULL

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 16, 2006, 09:13:05 PM

JG, I agree with you on many issues, but I don't agree that only the ones who attend the home games are 'real' fans.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 16, 2006, 09:18:04 PM

Java - how long r u in town? Dod you have everything planned out or do you have a little free time.

I'm actually in town to get away from Ramadhan.   I'll be here through October.   Flying out Nov 1.   I do have some free time since my only plans are to visit my family and go to the upcoming Eagles game.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 16, 2006, 09:21:33 PM

I almost never listen to Deumig because I rarely agree with him.   But today I did listen to his show.   He was also commenting on the fact that the stadium was almost half empty near the end of the game.   I think this may be the first time I've ever agreed with him on anything.  LOL!   

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#35 : October 16, 2006, 09:24:23 PM

Since I was a kid, I never, ever leave a sporting event before the last out or whistle nor do I get there late.  Sadly, there are far too many people that leave early, every city has these ticket holders (notice I didn't say fans).  Many go to a game just to say they they were there. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 16, 2006, 09:26:02 PM

I almost never listen to Deumig because I rarely agree with him.   But today I did listen to his show.   He was also commenting on the fact that the stadium was almost half empty near the end of the game.   I think this may be the first time I've ever agreed with him on anything.  LOL!   

The stadium wasn't anywhere near half empty.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 16, 2006, 09:29:43 PM

JG, I agree with you on many issues, but I don't agree that only the ones who attend the home games are 'real' fans.

LOL Nor do I. What I object to is people saying those that DO have tickets should give them up to "real" fans.
And a I REALLY don't like the asinine term, "real fans" to begin with.
But I believe our individual season ticket holders as as good as anyone's in the NFL and am sick and tired of our own condemning us as at every opportunity. It's BS, and it stinks of petty jealousy as well.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#38 : October 16, 2006, 09:38:07 PM

Dans Turks at the 4minute mark my friend and I said where the hell is everyone going. I sit in 333 and about 35% of the sections around me were leaving or atleast leaving the section (who's knows if they go down low to have a head start).. I sat my butt in the seat until the ball hit the ground on the field goal attempt! Dan you wern't looking everwhere people were leaving everywhere.. and they were not bengal fans they all stayed every minute.

Someone please explain to me the fun in buying tickets and getting drunk in the endzones not paying a bit of attention to the game. Some of our fans suck out loud since they think this is a social event.. If any of you are in here (probably not) sell your tickets to the loyals in here and beat it..

Oh yeah make some freaking noise!!!!

I'll never leave a game early after that abortion of a lead blowing in the Monday night game against Indy!!!!

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 17, 2006, 01:03:40 AM

This is total BS. Here is video proof from my section in the Club Level that seems to be the favorite section to bash.  The place is packed and this is the reaction to the Clayton TD call reversal....

I don't understand why Bucs fans come on here and bash our own fan base. The place was packed, loud, and fanatical all for a team that was 0-4 heading into this game.

The crowd was great.  Hovan even mentioned it on the post game show. He said he feels the Bucs fans are the best in the league. He couldn't believe how loud the crowd was down the stretch.

Stop lying to bash our own fan base.  What are you getting out of it?

Watch the video. The place is completely packed and again this was taken from the club level.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 17, 2006, 01:21:42 AM

Too many of the opponents fans are there...
25% to 33% of the stadium were Skins fans in the playoff game last year. I know because I was there. The boos during the Bucs intros were drowning out the cheers.

And the reason? Bucs fans selling their tickets to non-Buc fans.
And these so-called Bucs fans even had the nerve to sell those tickets above face value to fellow Bucs fans.

If you are a season ticket holder and you don't go to the games anymore. GIVE THE TICKETS UP! I don't give a damn if you lose your deposit. I'll throw you off the bandwagon myself and then run you over with it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 17, 2006, 01:25:12 AM

This is total BS. Here is video proof from my section in the Club Level that seems to be the favorite section to bash.  The place is packed and this is the reaction to the Clayton TD call reversal....

I don't understand why Bucs fans come on here and bash our own fan base. The place was packed, loud, and fanatical all for a team that was 0-4 heading into this game.

The crowd was great.  Hovan even mentioned it on the post game show. He said he feels the Bucs fans are the best in the league. He couldn't believe how loud the crowd was down the stretch.

Stop lying to bash our own fan base.  What are you getting out of it?

Watch the video. The place is completely packed and again this was taken from the club level.
Nice vid. 
Too many of the opponents fans are there...
25% to 33% of the stadium were Skins fans in the playoff game last year. I know because I was there. The boos during the Bucs intros were drowning out the cheers.

And the reason? Bucs fans selling their tickets to non-Buc fans.
And these so-called Bucs fans even had the nerve to sell those tickets above face value to fellow Bucs fans.

If you are a season ticket holder and you don't go to the games anymore. GIVE THE TICKETS UP! I don't give a damn if you lose your deposit. I'll throw you off the bandwagon myself and then run you over with it.
I was there too, and I'd hazard a guess that you need to brush up on your math.  There were some there, but you only notice them cuz they stand out.

And everyone needs to realize that FL is a state with a Huge proportion of out of state transplants, so you have to expect a lot of peeps still have out of state loyalties.  It may look like more thanin a NY or Philly game, but who the hell moves TO New York or Philly?

WILLBLEE

Starter

#42 : October 17, 2006, 01:28:59 AM

Did you ask them if they left early?. If they said yes, then tell them "sorry, you just had to be there".
I cant understand the RJS rule for standing and yelling during games either, people get upset if you do.

However, when we first arrived we were about the only ones in there who had actually stayed to see the Bucs comeback win. People kept asking us, "did you stay till the end of the game? how was it? it sounded great on the radio!"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 17, 2006, 07:25:20 AM

This is total BS. Here is video proof from my section in the Club Level that seems to be the favorite section to bash.� The place is packed and this is the reaction to the Clayton TD call reversal....

The crowd was great.� Hovan even mentioned it on the post game show. He said he feels the Bucs fans are the best in the league. He couldn't believe how loud the crowd was down the stretch.

Stop lying to bash our own fan base.� What are you getting out of it?

Thanks for posting the video.   However, it's really too blurry to see the empty seats on the other side of the stadium.   But you are not sitting in the section I was talking about.   You are sitting in the cheaper club seats.   Its' the expense 50 yard line club seats that clear out.    Plus, that was about the only time in the entire game when the entire stadium was standing.  Let those people sit down and you will see the empty seats.    I'll take a picture at the 2 minute warning next game and post it.   That should clear things up.   

I'm not saying that game wasn't fun and exciting.   I was merely stating in my initial post that I don't understand why anyone would leave a game that is within a TD with 6 minutes left.   I wasn't lying at all.  There was literally only about 70% as many people in the stand at the end of that game.   

But yes, it was still fun and exciting when we won and we do have some good fans.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 17, 2006, 07:53:28 AM

Expensive club seats are often corporate owned, and are used to entertain.  Many of the people that use those seasts are not hardcore fans.  I had a call from the Bucs last week offering me Club seats for the rest of this season, and until standard seats were available. 

This isn't something that is exclusive to the Bucs, every major sports club in the world makes a lot of money of the corporate sales.  Manchester United have extended the stadium three times in the last decade, and everytime it is the corporate seats that get the biggest boost.  The last extensions was for about 7,500 seats and 3,000 of them were for corporate customers that pay an extra $200 a game for a meal and post game drinks in the executive lounges.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: People leaving the game early « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools