Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: People leaving the game early « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 17, 2006, 08:01:20 AM

There's lots of reasons for the empty seats but as a season ticket holder I get tired of people lumping me in with the schleps.  Not everyone who goes to the game has the passion we share here on the board and the blanket statements don't do the die hards any justice...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

T

Hall of Famer

#46 : October 17, 2006, 08:03:16 AM

This is total BS. Here is video proof from my section in the Club Level that seems to be the favorite section to bash.  The place is packed and this is the reaction to the Clayton TD call reversal....

I don't understand why Bucs fans come on here and bash our own fan base. The place was packed, loud, and fanatical all for a team that was 0-4 heading into this game.

The crowd was great.  Hovan even mentioned it on the post game show. He said he feels the Bucs fans are the best in the league. He couldn't believe how loud the crowd was down the stretch.

Stop lying to bash our own fan base.  What are you getting out of it?

Watch the video. The place is completely packed and again this was taken from the club level.

Looks like a packed house to me. I live about 2 miles away from the stadium and can hear the cannons when they go off.The Bucs have some good fans for the most part but whenever I get to go to games, there are to many opposing fans for my liking.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#47 : October 17, 2006, 08:09:25 AM

My section was full til the end but the again we are a bunch diehards in that section that know everyones names and not many seasons seats have changed hands.

I must say the funniest thing i saw that day was a Bengal fan with a good sense of humor. He was wearing a full jail stripes uniform-- the hat and the pants with the fake shackles on his legs and an Odell Thurmon (sp?) Jersey. It was hilarious.

While I didn't witness alot of fans leaving earloy I sure did see alot of Bengals fans.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#48 : October 17, 2006, 08:13:47 AM

I don't understand why Bucs fans come on here and bash our own fan base. The place was packed, loud, and fanatical all for a team that was 0-4 heading into this game.

The crowd was great.  Hovan even mentioned it on the post game show. He said he feels the Bucs fans are the best in the league. He couldn't believe how loud the crowd was down the stretch.

Stop lying to bash our own fan base.  What are you getting out of it?

Thanks and a hat tip! We have great fans and most have stuck with it through YEARS of double digit losses. I'm proud to be one of them and tired of being ripped here.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#49 : October 17, 2006, 08:15:23 AM

Who ripped you JG?    Did you leave early?    If not, then nobody ripped you.   

Garv

Hall of Famer
#50 : October 17, 2006, 08:17:36 AM

There's lots of reasons for the empty seats but as a season ticket holder I get tired of people lumping me in with the schleps.  Not everyone who goes to the game has the passion we share here on the board and the blanket statements don't do the die hards any justice...

Thanks and a hat tip! There are at LEAST 35,000 to 40,000 DIE HARDS who go to EVERY game whether we are winning or not.
How about some respect instead of the bashing of our own? Damn.

As always, GO BUCS!!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#51 : October 17, 2006, 08:19:33 AM

I've always said there are about 40,000 die hard Buc fans who can afford to go to the games.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#52 : October 17, 2006, 08:20:58 AM

Never leave early but for pre-season sometimes but then again, I don't have children or a whining wife with me either! LOL
MOST do NOT leave early anyway. Certainly not last Sunday. The place ROCKED for all sixty minutes, PERIOD!
And the Club Corporates don't count anyway IMO.

As always, GO BUCS!!!

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#53 : October 17, 2006, 08:30:24 AM

The stadium wasn't anywhere near half empty.

I agree with that.  I've never had such a hard time leaving after the game because of all the people who stayed until the end.  I was also using my binoculars, and the place was at least 75% full.  

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#54 : October 17, 2006, 08:37:56 AM

I think you are spot on, BucNut.   75% is probably about exactly right.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#55 : October 17, 2006, 08:41:18 AM

I agree with that.  I've never had such a hard time leaving after the game because of all the people who stayed until the end.  I was also using my binoculars, and the place was at least 75% full. 

Agreed.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#56 : October 17, 2006, 08:43:35 AM

LOL Nor do I. What I object to is people saying those that DO have tickets should give them up to "real" fans.
And a I REALLY don't like the asinine term, "real fans" to begin with.
But I believe our individual season ticket holders as as good as anyone's in the NFL and am sick and tired of our own condemning us as at every opportunity. It's BS, and it stinks of petty jealousy as well.

Well said.  Folks that are sitting around taking attendance as folks run all over the place are missing the game amongst other things.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#57 : October 17, 2006, 08:47:47 AM

I wasn't paying attention to the attendance; in the beginning or end of the game. I didn't know people went to football games to rank attendance figures. If that's what people pay that money for, I suppose I will have to pay attention next week.  ;)

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#58 : October 17, 2006, 08:49:53 AM

Well said.  Folks that are sitting around taking attendance as folks run all over the place are missing the game amongst other things.  

Actually, each play has over a minute break in between and during time outs, the breaks are about 5 minutes.    To check attendance takes about 5 seconds.   So you don't miss much checking the crowd intermittently during the game.    Also, I only check things like that when the cheerleaders are taking a break.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#59 : October 17, 2006, 08:53:04 AM

One reason people might be leaving early is to beat the rush at Mons.....would that be an acceptable excuse Java.  ?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: People leaving the game early « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools