Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: People leaving the game early « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 16, 2006, 10:38:33 AM

And let's not forget, there were an over abundance of Bungle fans who were leaving as well...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 16, 2006, 10:41:48 AM

And let's not forget, there were an over abundance of Bungle fans who were leaving as well...

There were a handful of them near us, and a few did leave early. They missed us dancing in the aisles and high fiving everyone after the Clayton catch and score was officially ruled a catch and score.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 16, 2006, 10:42:40 AM

Alot of people leave their seats, but don't leave the game....lots of people hang out in the end zone areas as the game winds down, it's a different view and it's on their way out....as for the east club, it is consistently the most empty seats of any section in the stadium, but i'm betting alot of those folks stay in the club and out of the sun....i'm in the west club, and the fans there are awful about sticking around if the game gets out of hand or if it rains or something, but there was plenty of noise being made yesterday.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 16, 2006, 10:48:16 AM

as for the east club, it is consistently the most empty seats of any section in the stadium, but i'm betting alot of those folks stay in the club and out of the sun....i'm in the west club, and the fans there are awful about sticking around if the game gets out of hand or if it rains or something, but there was plenty of noise being made yesterday.

The East Club is very hot, and that is a good point: a lot of people in Club do go up and watch the game through the big panoramic windows due to the heat. Me, I never leave my seat except if I have to go to the bathroom, and I try to reserve that for before and after the game. I hate to go inside, cool off, then come back down and get all hot again.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 16, 2006, 11:27:58 AM

i've gotta give it to the fans on the east side of the stadium, the sun is beating right down on them for the better part of 1 o' clock games, and they deal with some H-E-A-T.  my seats have the added bonus of being under the level 3 overhang, so i have it pretty easy relative to most in the stadium....i find it hard to criticize other fans for moving around or sitting inside while i enjoy the game from my cushy seats.

not gonna give up the seats, mind you, just not gonna criticize 8)

Garv

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 16, 2006, 11:42:17 AM

Most of us stayed and the stadium ROCKED for the TD, Grads, Clayton and the final defensive stand. I was there, I know.
So tired of BS negative posts on such a postive Buccaneer moment. We have great fans, fans who supported the team throughout the game and it showed. The 12th man was THERE yesterday and I'm damn sure 55 will mention that.
I've always been proud to be a Buc fan and the game yesterday was as good a moment as any for it's intensity, excitment and final result. Lighten up on the fan bashing.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 16, 2006, 03:15:04 PM

Most of us stayed and the stadium ROCKED for the TD, Grads, Clayton and the final defensive stand. I was there, I know.
So tired of BS negative posts on such a postive Buccaneer moment. We have great fans, fans who supported the team throughout the game and it showed. The 12th man was THERE yesterday and I'm damn sure 55 will mention that.
I've always been proud to be a Buc fan and the game yesterday was as good a moment as any for it's intensity, excitment and final result. Lighten up on the fan bashing.

Agreed JG

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

T

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 16, 2006, 04:25:01 PM

I know Eagirl fans get a bad rep for being obnoxious but at least they are dedicated fans. I wish Buccaneer fans had half the dedication the Eagirl fans have, I almost dread going to this week's game knowing there will be 1,000's of Eagirl fans here in my city.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 16, 2006, 04:46:19 PM

Eagle fans suck for the most part.   I've had Buc season tickets since 1978 and I'd rate the Eagles fans as the rudest fans.   The Browns, Raiders and Giants fans are also pretty bad.  But the Eagles fans are the rudest.   I'm sure they will be out in force next week.   

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 16, 2006, 05:13:56 PM

Eagle fans suck for the most part. I've had Buc season tickets since 1978 and I'd rate the Eagles fans as the rudest fans. The Browns, Raiders and Giants fans are also pretty bad. But the Eagles fans are the rudest. I'm sure they will be out in force next week.

Giants fans are bad?

I heard they were pretty sedate for the most part.

The Bills fans are bad from what I hear.  Same with the Browns, and Pittsburgh fans are nasty as well, from what I hear, anyway.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 16, 2006, 05:33:35 PM

Java - how long r u in town?  Dod you have everything planned out or do you have a little free time.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 16, 2006, 06:18:03 PM

The problem is that there are too many corporate accounts for the season tickets.
Also the reality is that the tickets are priced higher than many people can afford.

What I find a bigger problem than fans leaving early is the high number of fans of the opposing team. Both Washington games last year were flooded, FLOODED, with Skins fans. And games this year seem to have the same problem. There are too many fans from the opposing team.
The question I have is: How are they getting that many tickets? The answer is Bucs season ticket holders who no longer go to the game but hold on to the tickets because they don't want to lose the deposit. So they scalp the ticket to break even every year. And they dont give a damn if that ticket goes to a fan of the other team.

Meanwhile the real fans sitting on the waiting list are sitting at home watching the game.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 16, 2006, 07:15:29 PM

NO, the "real" fans go to the games and PAY for the tickets year after year. "Real" fans sitting at home? BS! You can go and buy them from scalpers anytime you wabt. They even have them at the gate if you get there early enough. Quit whining about those of us who support the team with a financial committment and do something about it. GO!
Damn this BS drives me crazy. If you only knew how much fun it wasyesterday, you go yourself and quit running your mouth against those of us who put up.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 16, 2006, 07:32:34 PM

NO, the "real" fans go to the games and PAY for the tickets year after year. "Real" fans sitting at home? BS! You can go and buy them from scalpers anytime you wabt. They even have them at the gate if you get there early enough. Quit whining about those of us who support the team with a financial committment and do something about it. GO!
Damn this BS drives me crazy. If you only knew how much fun it wasyesterday, you go yourself and quit running your mouth against those of us who put up.
When half the stadium is empty in the 2nd half of the 4th quarter in a 6 point game...that means that at least half that stadium is made up of fake fans.

Ronde Barber and Derrick Brooks have both said that since 2003, the fan support at the Ray Jay has been declining.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 16, 2006, 08:12:39 PM

all I know is that living in Wisconsin, I am damn jealous of all of you who get to see the BUCS LIVE on a regular basis...

In a couple of years, I have promised to bring my son down to a game, he is also a loyal and true buc fan (all 10 years old of him...lol)  Imagine the hassle he gets from all the cheeseheads, no big deal, I put up with it since '77, it makes you tough...lol
(actually, you'd be amazed at kid's loyalties even here in WI...a lot of kids in his school sport Vick and Manning jerseys)  He is regularly seen wearing his Rice, Brooks or Caddy jersey... (had to bury his keyshawn jersey the day he was deactivated..lol)

Anyway, I can't wait to become one with the fans at the new sombraro, it will be quite the thrill!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: People leaving the game early « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools