Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Motivational Coaches of All Time « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#135 : May 12, 2009, 09:56:14 AM

I guess the Bert Emanuel call wasn't a big deal either.   The Bucs still had the ball after that call.

It was but, like the tuck, it was the right call. The problem wasn't with the refs. Any call that goes against you hurts but that doesn't make the call wrong.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#136 : May 12, 2009, 10:02:45 AM

I don't agree in either case that they were "the right call".   The Emanuel one was slightly debatable - but if "right" was taken into consideration - the "right" call was that it was a catch.   The Pats call wasn't even close.   That wasn't a tuck.   I'd never seen either of those calls made in any game prior to those critical calls.  The fact that rules were changed to prevent any ref from misreading the rule like that again speaks volumes.   It's kind of like when Muslim fanaticists are calling us infidels who should die.   The koran can be read that way, but it wasn't "rightly" intended to read that way.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#137 : May 12, 2009, 10:08:58 AM

I don't agree in either case that they were "the right call".   The Emanuel one was slightly debatable - but if "right" was taken into consideration - the "right" call was that it was a catch.   The Pats call wasn't even close.   That wasn't a tuck.   I'd never seen either of those calls made in any game prior to those critical calls.  The fact that rules were changed to prevent any ref from misreading the rule like that again speaks volumes. 

The tuck rule was actually called in a couple of games during that 2002 season. It wasn't the first time it was ever called.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#138 : May 12, 2009, 10:11:18 AM

it was called, but not so poorly.  I'm talking about it being called when it wasn't really a tuck.  Completely borderline at best.

Like I mentioned before, I was a Raider hater when that play happened - but I admitted it was a bad call.   Unjust to the extreme.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#139 : May 12, 2009, 10:12:38 AM

I suppose you think the Simeon Rice "leaping" penalty against the Colts was a proper call as well.   It may have been "officially" a proper call, but it was not the "right" call to make.  Common sense has to come into play when you are a ref.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#140 : May 12, 2009, 10:14:46 AM

I suppose you think the Simeon Rice "leaping" penalty against the Colts was a proper call as well.   It may have been "officially" a proper call, but it was not the "right" call to make.  Common sense has to come into play when you are a ref.
That was a lousy call, too, but does not excuse the bigger problem which was 28 unanswered points to finish regulation.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#141 : May 12, 2009, 10:23:08 AM

It was, it is an enormously stupid rule but it is in fact a rule - although one i don't think gets called as often as it could. Much like the tuck rule or the Bert Emmanuel rule the game should never have come down to those rules since if the teams had done what they needed to do earlier the refs wouldn't have been in the game.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#142 : May 12, 2009, 11:52:46 AM

I am sure Gruden will get another.

If you mean another superbowl win, I agree with you.

I don't get the screen name "Pauls Drive In".   WalkingCorpse made since when you were digging graves for a living.  AlvinHarpersGhost was a little ridiculous, but at least Buc related.  Now you go with Pauls Drive In?   Did you sleep with Harper in a drive in after digging up a corpse?   
Pauls Drive In is the best burger joint in Kansas City.... and Gruden will get another job. Who knows if he lucks into another perfect spot and gets a chance to win a superbowl. He certainly will not build one from the ground up.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#143 : May 12, 2009, 05:38:56 PM

I don't get the screen name "Pauls Drive In". WalkingCorpse made since when you were digging graves for a living. AlvinHarpersGhost was a little ridiculous, but at least Buc related. Now you go with Pauls Drive In? Did you sleep with Harper in a drive in after digging up a corpse?
Pauls Drive In is the best burger joint in Kansas City.... and Gruden will get another job. Who knows if he lucks into another perfect spot and gets a chance to win a superbowl. He certainly will not build one from the ground up.

He did a good job of building the Raiders, and he bulit us the best oline in buccaneer history.
Shouldn't the "best oline in buccaneer history" be able to do better than the #4 in rushing and #7 in fewest sacks allowed the 1998 Gruber-Diaz-Mayberry-Middleton-Odom unit posted? The 2008 Bucs were #15 in rushing and #16 in fewest sacks allowed.

IIRC, that was a more veteran line then the current group of youngsters, but I agree if you want the title you have to put up better numbers than the current record holder.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#144 : May 12, 2009, 05:35:08 PM

I don't get the screen name "Pauls Drive In". WalkingCorpse made since when you were digging graves for a living. AlvinHarpersGhost was a little ridiculous, but at least Buc related. Now you go with Pauls Drive In? Did you sleep with Harper in a drive in after digging up a corpse?

He did a good job of building the Raiders, and he bulit us the best oline in buccaneer history.
Shouldn't the "best oline in buccaneer history" be able to do better than the #4 in rushing and #7 in fewest sacks allowed the 1998 Gruber-Diaz-Mayberry-Middleton-Odom unit posted? The 2008 Bucs were #15 in rushing and #16 in fewest sacks allowed.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#145 : May 12, 2009, 09:26:24 PM

2001 Raiders were one bad call from possibly going all the way...

why must people continue with this myth?

.....and he bulit us the best oline in buccaneer history.

another myth!!!

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#146 : May 13, 2009, 06:53:54 AM

The horse is still kickin' people

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#147 : May 13, 2009, 08:25:31 AM

2001 Raiders were one bad call from possibly going all the way...

why must people continue with this myth?

.....and he bulit us the best oline in buccaneer history.

another myth!!!

1.  Why not - the stuff of legends ... LMAO
2.  The Olines will be judged with time - as with all units.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Motivational Coaches of All Time « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools