Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Motivational Coaches of All Time « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#15 : May 11, 2009, 09:49:24 AM

His travel agent, golf pro and his financial advisor.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#16 : May 11, 2009, 09:50:03 AM

Surprised Jimmy Johnson isn't on this list. I always heard he wasn't a great x's and o's guy but was a great motivator.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

AcuraT

Starter

#17 : May 11, 2009, 09:51:37 AM

Surprised Jimmy Johnson isn't on this list. I always heard he wasn't a great x's and o's guy but was a great motivator.

Ouch, forgot about him too. He was a good motivator- just ask the college players in Miami, or the Cowboys, or the Dolphins.  Again, why is Bum Phillips on the list?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 11, 2009, 09:52:44 AM

Who is Gruden motivating this football season?

I love that you keep bringing this point up as some evidence that nobody wants Gruden as their coach.

Do you have any proof suggesting that he wanted to coach somewhere this season, but no one is willing to hire him?  He's getting paid to sit on his arse.  You'll have a valid point if he doesn't interview anywhere after this season, but until then you got nothing.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 11, 2009, 10:18:40 AM

Good one

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#20 : May 11, 2009, 10:28:47 AM

Ohhh this thread turned out just like I thought it would. He's gone, let it go. His Love of 38 year old QB's with zero arm strength and Bill Muir is gone... time to move on.

jcdoll

Starter

#21 : May 11, 2009, 10:29:39 AM

Going to be funny watching the Bucs struggle to win 3 games this year with the same talent Gruden had.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 11, 2009, 10:30:16 AM

Ohhh this thread turned out just like I thought it would. He's gone, let it go.

Heed your own advice, hypocrite.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 11, 2009, 10:31:53 AM

Don't know about that list. The 2 winningest coaches in history aren't on it, you can't win more games than any team in history and NOT motivate.

And I'd have to say, losing your franchise QB in game 5 and still managing to finish undefeated takes some serious motivation.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 11, 2009, 10:33:06 AM

Going to be funny watching the Bucs struggle to win 3 games this year with the same talent Gruden had.

Do you pay attention? Same talent?

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 11, 2009, 10:43:13 AM

Who is Gruden motivating this football season?

I love that you keep bringing this point up as some evidence that nobody wants Gruden as their coach.

Do you have any proof suggesting that he wanted to coach somewhere this season, but no one is willing to hire him?  He's getting paid to sit on his arse.  You'll have a valid point if he doesn't interview anywhere after this season, but until then you got nothing.

You'd have to agree that him not coaching does more to support my position than yours. 

All kidding aside, until he fixes his QB management and evaluation problem, he wont be coaching on Sundays anytime soon.  I do believe he can get a HC job in college, a la Pete Carroll. 

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#26 : May 11, 2009, 10:44:13 AM

Shoot.. I don't start threads about him, I don't pine for him, I don't hope for Raheem to fail and I even commented on how good he was on NFL network. If you don't like what I post don't read it putz.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 11, 2009, 10:48:21 AM

The real question is:  How is watching a team you like lose 13 games in a season "funny"?

Really sad how people root for coaches instead of teams.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 11, 2009, 10:49:39 AM

If you don't like what I post don't read it putz.

jcdoll

Starter

#29 : May 11, 2009, 10:51:31 AM

Do you? Tell me one starter who has left on his own terms?  Can't help it the new regieme doesn't want to keep Pro Bowl players.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Motivational Coaches of All Time « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools