Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: God: "Indy > Chicago" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

#30 : February 04, 2007, 10:46:33 PM

But Lovie also coached "God's way" so how does God explain that one? It should have been a tie.
'Head explodes' Maybe....Dungy....is.....God's favorite?

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#31 : February 04, 2007, 10:46:51 PM

thank you for pointing this out...

if there is a god he/she dont give a crap about your football aspirations so shut your mouth and move on..

'its his faith' well he's an idiot if he believes god cares about the superbowl....

oh, and you dont need effin god to get through the death of your son...that's stupid to think so.

I have heard this argument before ..

What you fail to understand id God (to us Christians ) has the ability to care about everything everybody cares about and plays the world out based on his plans.. See your thinking on a mortal level cant comprehend..

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#32 : February 04, 2007, 10:47:49 PM

God is God in all religeons.. Muslims, Jews, and Christians pray to the same God.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 04, 2007, 10:48:46 PM

if there is a god he/she dont give a crap about your football aspirations so shut your mouth and move on..

'its his faith' well he's an idiot if he believes god cares about the superbowl....

oh, and you dont need effin god to get through the death of your son...that's stupid to think so.

What you fail to understand id God (to us Christians ) has the ability to care about everything everybody cares about and plays the world out based on his plans.. See your thinking on a mortal level cant comprehend..

that is you christians twisting the word of man (better known as the bible) to support whatever you believe....if you really wanna argue the imaginary guy in the sky than please open a topic in the cove cause i'd love to embarass you

#34 : February 04, 2007, 10:49:55 PM

Je-Sus blocks!
Je-Sus blocks!
With me, with me, with me

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#35 : February 04, 2007, 10:50:14 PM

Karen, do you even know what a deist is?

Give her a moment, she's wikipediaing.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#36 : February 04, 2007, 10:51:01 PM

that is you christians twisting the word of man (better known as the bible) to support whatever you believe....if you really wanna argue the imaginary guy in the sky than please open a topic in the cove cause i'd love to embarass you

Embarrass me? Please.. nothing you have to say would be anything I havn't heard before.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#37 : February 04, 2007, 10:51:18 PM

But Lovie also coached "God's way" so how does God explain that one? It should have been a tie.
You don't understand.  God didn't pick sides.  They are thanking him for their blessings and their faith.  And, yes, I know what a deist is. And I am not religious.

#38 : February 04, 2007, 10:51:50 PM

Karen, do you even know what a deist is?

Give her a moment, she's wikipediaing.
Wouldn't suprise me, since she acted like I said there wasn't a God by saying I'm a deist...not atheist, but deism basically means I believe there is a God, but he's more of a clock watcher  than anything, he built it, he watches it, not much else.

#39 : February 04, 2007, 10:52:24 PM

You don't understand.  God didn't pick sides.  They are thanking him for their blessings and their faith.  And, yes, I know what a deist is. And I am not religious.
I'm pretty sure Lovie is less thankful....but that's just me.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#40 : February 04, 2007, 10:54:57 PM

"I devoted my whole life to Christ and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"

I'm seriously making that shirt.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#41 : February 04, 2007, 10:55:31 PM

Faith :
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.  
2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.  
3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.  
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.  
5. a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.  
6. the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.: Failure to appear would be breaking faith.  
7. the observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath, allegiance, etc.: He was the only one who proved his faith during our recent troubles.  
8. Christian Theology. the trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved.  

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 04, 2007, 10:56:32 PM

otherwise known as believing in something based on nothing.

unicorns exist....have faith in me.....

tonyflash

Starter

#43 : February 04, 2007, 11:55:48 PM

God waited 30 years to give us another "Gods Way" win and this is the game we got? I think God just dislikes Rex Grossman just like everyone in Chicago does tonight.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 05, 2007, 12:10:35 AM

Grossman is the Anti-Christ.

Tony said that he did it the "Lord's way." Sorry, but Tony did it the Tony Dungy, Christian way.
That's fine. He's a great guy and seems to practice what he preaches.

For others, the Lord's way is not so dandy.

For some, the Lord's way means touching altar boys.

For others, it means paying a prostitute to lay down naked while you beat off to her.

For one, it means saying, "God brought a tornado to Orlando/Disney because they
allowed gays and lesbians to have their day in the park."

For Jim & Tammy, it meant taking people's money (including my parent's $$$) for
timeshares that didn't exist.

And on and on. You get my point.

So, that blanket statement of the "Lord's Way" is what bugs me.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: God: "Indy > Chicago" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools