Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs are the best team in the NFC « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gatorbuc25

Practice Squad

: February 04, 2007, 11:03:17 PM

Since we are the last NFC team to win the super bowl we are technically still the best team in the NFC. Its a streach i know but you can say that to all your freinds that think the bucs suck

#1 : February 04, 2007, 11:04:03 PM

Uh, wouldn't that go to the NFC Champs?

bucs1

Practice Squad
#2 : February 04, 2007, 11:05:23 PM

That doesn't make any sense, but I'll go with that. :D

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 04, 2007, 11:06:31 PM

What?  We arent even close.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 04, 2007, 11:18:10 PM

Bucs and Rams are the only NFC teams to win a Super Bowl since the Packers in 1997.

That tells you just how weak the NFC really is...

BucLord

Starter

#5 : February 04, 2007, 11:27:50 PM

Since we are the last NFC team to win the super bowl we are technically still the best team in the NFC. Its a streach i know but you can say that to all your freinds that think the bucs suck

You need to go to sleep junior

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 04, 2007, 11:35:56 PM

You need to go to sleep junior

Don't you have school tomorrow.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 05, 2007, 12:43:50 AM

A big stretch, but I'll take it. OTOH, if an NFC team wins on average only once every five years, we may not win again until 2078.

In Verner We Trust

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 05, 2007, 09:02:20 AM

It goes through cycles.  Before Denver won it back in late 90s, it was the NFC that dominated.  Give it 5-6 more years and it will probably switch back to the NFC.

BucLord

Starter

#9 : February 05, 2007, 01:30:50 PM

Hey, and when an NFC team finally wins it, I quess the next thing we can brag about for the next 20 years is how we have one more SB than the Cards and Lions  ::)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 05, 2007, 01:55:57 PM

technically (scratch that - "factually"), that honor goes to the bears, but 2002 bucs can certainly lay claim to the title of "best NFC team of this millenium" for the time being, given our dominance in the postseason and being the only NFC team this millenium to beat the AFC champs.

if you look at the NFC champs over the last 7 years, i think only the 2001 Rams can really rival that claim - maybe the 2004 eagles with a healthy TO.  the world champion bucs were definitely better than the superbowl-bound giants, panthers, eagles, seahawks, and bears in their respective years.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#11 : February 05, 2007, 04:02:04 PM

I think (It may be a bit of a stretch) our SB team was the best SB team since the 90's Cowboys.
Our D alone with a rookie QB in King was a play away from beating "the greatest show on turf". We killed the Eagles, and the Raiders who had the number 1 offense and a QB who in that system was as good as Brady or Manning in theirs, and in the post season Gannon was a much much much better QB than Manning, other than the SB INT fest.
Our D was better than this Bears D, I think better than the Ravens D, plus out O was better than the Ravens when they won. The Pat's won each of theirs by a FG and each game could have gone either way, ours was clearly the last blow out in recent history.
The 85 Bears D won with a scheme, down the line we had just as much talent if not more than they did, we were much faster and in their prime Perry couldn't carry Sapps jock, on D or O.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 05, 2007, 04:04:31 PM

i'm sorry but the patriots teams that won the 2 SBs after us were significantly better.  no amount of injuries could prevent them from winning, and they both had much more dominant regular season, including an absurd 20+ game winning streak across 2 seasons.

like i said, don't know that there's been a better NFC team in the SB than us over the last 7 years, but i think the patriots of '03 and '04 would've made short work of us.  they just NEVER made a mistake.

mrwycka

Second String

#13 : February 05, 2007, 05:14:56 PM

Good Spin! I'm down with that!

catch2355

Practice Squad

#14 : February 05, 2007, 05:16:11 PM

whatever floats ur boat
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs are the best team in the NFC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools