Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tony Dungy Won..... « previous next »
Page: 1

: February 06, 2007, 05:48:27 PM

Chrispy is right. The bottom line is that if we had kept Dungy we'd have no SB and we'd still be in a mess.

#1 : February 04, 2007, 11:52:50 PM

..... with Jim Mora's team.....How about them apples Gruden haters.....Nonetheless congrats to Dungy!

GenBrooks#55

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 04, 2007, 11:57:09 PM

;) Play-offs?!? Unfortunately, you will always have those people out there who cannot find room to appreciate the accomplishments of more than one football coach. Dungy finally released so much weight from his shoulders, and the title couldn't happen to a more likeable head coach.

#3 : February 05, 2007, 05:34:29 PM

Yes I totally agree that Tony Dungy won with his defense and someone else's offense, as well as Gruden did it with HIS offense and the Dungy/Kiffin defense(both needed the other to make it happen).

And I was soooo ready to put my fist through the radio during both the Dan Sileo show as well as the Ron and Ian show, for both claiming the Bucs should realize now that they messed up letting Dungy go. WHAAAAAAT; you mean because he finally won his SuperBowl 5 years AFTER Gruden did?? Do these people not remember 2-3 seasons straight of coming up short in the playoffs, or the many many games that Dungy tried to win 10-9 and stuck with Shaun King no matter how bad he sucked!!  [banghead] >:( [banghead] >:(

#4 : February 05, 2007, 05:36:30 PM

Yesterday I was with 3 Bucs fans and an Eagle fan who all hate Gruden. I was with them all day and we gpot into a lot of arguments about Gruden. When the Colts won I stood up t o walk to the bathroom and as I was walking off I said "yea too bad Dungy won with Moras team..." and they all started laughing

T

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 05, 2007, 07:02:21 PM

Oh my I am so glad I don't listen to Sports Radio in Tampa anymore, or I would've called in and let this uninformed idiots have it. How many people think Dungy would have been able to succeed with our Salary Cap hell that his homeboy McKay put us in or the major injuries to starters in 2003,2004 and this past season? I for one think the results would've been the same no matter who was coaching.

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#6 : February 05, 2007, 07:10:51 PM

The salary cap and age of our team would have certainly been an issue.   But let's not forget that after the Shula, Steckel, Christianson revolving coordinator door, and the fact that Dungy was in the later years of his contract, it appeared nearly impossible to get a good Offensive Coordinator, which he desperately needed.   And remember how we were nearly destroyed, from a score standpoint, in the last playoff game.   Bringing in guys like Green, the jogger, that seemed to "lay down" in Tony's last game here didn't help him. 

Now if you really want a "what if" it seems someone told me that Tony really wanted Moore as his OC when he was here in Tampa, but Moore had already gone to Indy.   Now if Tony had brought Moore with him to Tampa, it might have really been a different story.  But whether Rich would have allowed them to build the Offense correctly is another question.

#7 : February 06, 2007, 04:31:02 PM

Dungy got this franchise off the ground no doubt, but maaaaan in his last 2-3 seasons he made some very stubborn and lazy decisions that cost him his job deservingly.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 06, 2007, 05:55:20 PM

Oh my I am so glad I don't listen to Sports Radio in Tampa anymore, or I would've called in and let this uninformed idiots have it. How many people think Dungy would have been able to succeed with our Salary Cap hell that his homeboy McKay put us in or the major injuries to starters in 2003,2004 and this past season? I for one think the results would've been the same no matter who was coaching.
  There is that, and the other question, who really cares about something the never happened.  It is off season, but sooner or later this topic of discussion has to die.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#9 : February 06, 2007, 07:45:52 PM

Yes I totally agree that Tony Dungy won with his defense and someone else's offense, as well as Gruden did it with HIS offense and the Dungy/Kiffin defense(both needed the other to make it happen).

And I was soooo ready to put my fist through the radio during both the Dan Sileo show as well as the Ron and Ian show, for both claiming the Bucs should realize now that they messed up letting Dungy go. WHAAAAAAT; you mean because he finally won his SuperBowl 5 years AFTER Gruden did?? Do these people not remember 2-3 seasons straight of coming up short in the playoffs, or the many many games that Dungy tried to win 10-9 and stuck with Shaun King no matter how bad he sucked!!  [banghead] >:( [banghead] >:(

I couldn't agree more with the first part of the statement

As for the sports radio fools..well I can't believe I'm about to say this but Big Idiot (AKA Big Dog) brought up a good point yesterday...wasn't it the media that was also running Dungy out of town because his offense was WAY TO CONSERVATIVE and that it WASN'T WORKING FOR THE BUCS!!!! Just look at just about any article from the 2001 season before Dungy left and you'll see it's loaded with negative comments about Dungy's offensive sheme while he was here.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tony Dungy Won..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools