Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Science 1 God 0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 16, 2009, 12:04:13 PM

Sorry, but your only choices are being with God in heaven, burning in hell with Satan, or not existing at all in a black hole.

Does heaven have cheerleaders because that might help it's cause.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

kmitch

Second String

#31 : May 16, 2009, 12:05:52 PM

How about whatever you believe in or don't believe is what you end up with when you die, to me that is fair. ;)

If I get to pick then I'll invent a better god than floaty clouds and harps in that case.

My god would have a luxury suite in Raymond James for me, with a keg of beer, and the Bucs Cheerleaders kickin it. If the Bible promised me that fairy tale, I might be interested in it.

Sorry, but your only choices are being with God in heaven, burning in hell with Satan, or not existing at all in a black hole.

How do you know thats the only 3?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 16, 2009, 12:06:06 PM

Does heaven have cheerleaders because that might help it's cause.

It will have the souls of some cheeleaders without the pom poms or skimpy outfits of course.  

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 16, 2009, 12:06:27 PM

I will simply say that I believe that there is a heaven & hell and an afterlife but I can't be 100% sure, because no one that I know has been there and done that for a long period and told everyone what they experienced when they came back. However, I am going to go ahead and place a bet with my soul as payment that God does exist and that everyone will be judged, and in the end if I am wrong I won't be penalized at all but if I am right I will be eternally rewarded. It's a win - win as far as I'm concerned.

As bradentonian pointed out, you may want to put a little more effort into it .... and be sure to pick the right team. It's not just the believing, it's HOW you believe.

That is also the kind of sentiment that has kept the church coffers full for centuries...

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 16, 2009, 12:07:24 PM

How about whatever you believe in or don't believe is what you end up with when you die, to me that is fair. ;)

If I get to pick then I'll invent a better god than floaty clouds and harps in that case.

My god would have a luxury suite in Raymond James for me, with a keg of beer, and the Bucs Cheerleaders kickin it. If the Bible promised me that fairy tale, I might be interested in it.

I am basing that on the 3 most common beliefs or non-beliefs around the world.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 16, 2009, 12:13:09 PM

It will have the souls of some cheeleaders without the pom poms or skimpy outfits of course.  

At first I thought, no skimpy outfits was a good thing but then I realized that you were going for the whole non-corporeal thing and i lost interest.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 16, 2009, 12:14:23 PM

I will simply say that I believe that there is a heaven & hell and an afterlife but I can't be 100% sure, because no one that I know has been there and done that for a long period and told everyone what they experienced when they came back. However, I am going to go ahead and place a bet with my soul as payment that God does exist and that everyone will be judged, and in the end if I am wrong I won't be penalized at all but if I am right I will be eternally rewarded. It's a win - win as far as I'm concerned.

As bradentonian pointed out, you may want to put a little more effort into it .... and be sure to pick the right team. It's not just the believing, it's HOW you believe.

That is also the kind of sentiment that has kept the church coffers full for centuries...

When I say that I am "betting my soul" it means that is what I stand to lose if I don't live my life a certain way; and yes I naturally care about others around me and wanna help anyone who needs it, but at the same time I also want to make sure that I am setting myself up for the afterlife and that all goes hand in hand.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 16, 2009, 12:16:40 PM

There is no proof that God exists. Just like there is no proof that God doesn't exist.

Is it even possible to prove that something doesn't exist?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 16, 2009, 12:20:18 PM

There is no proof that God exists. Just like there is no proof that God doesn't exist.

Another question to ask yourself if you're a non-believer in anything is, if you die and no longer exist how will you ever know that transition ever took place?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 16, 2009, 12:21:22 PM

I am basing that on the 3 most common beliefs or non-beliefs around the world.

Which 3?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 16, 2009, 12:21:57 PM

Another question to ask yourself if you're a non-believer in anything is, if you die and no longer exist how will you ever know that transition ever took place?

What transition?  If you die you die.  Game over.  Worm food.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 16, 2009, 12:22:34 PM

I am still waiting for the scientific theory how one day there was absolutely nothing and the next there was 'something' upon which the whole universe/galaxy spawned.

Science can provide facts and theories about a whole plethora of subjects: evolution, genomes, the big bang, cosmic rays, outside influence from outer space etc and so forth. But all this scientific fact is premised there was something there. What is the very first 'thing' that ever existed and how did it spring out of nothing?

There are, and always will be stuff that science will never be able to explain. To put forth that it is only a 'matter of time' is a fallacy. There are limits to everything, science included.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 16, 2009, 12:25:10 PM

What transition? If you die you die. Game over. Worm food.

Still the deep question exists, how will you know that ever took place?

kmitch

Second String

#43 : May 16, 2009, 12:28:12 PM

There are, and always will be stuff that science will never be able to explain. To put forth that it is only a 'matter of time' is a fallacy. There are limits to everything, science included.

I'm not sure about that yet. 700 years ago, people thought the Earth was flat, and now we can explain the history of the universe from .00001 seconds after the Big Bang "Theory". I think Quantum Physics will likely lead to being the only proven form of afterlife.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 16, 2009, 12:29:01 PM

What transition? If you die you die. Game over. Worm food.

Still the deep question exists, how will you know that ever took place?

Who cares?  You won't exist to be concerned about it anymore.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Science 1 God 0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools