Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: lack of emotion / lack of celebration « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #15 : February 05, 2007, 11:06:56 AM »

well, I guess I just saw it differently than the rest of you then.  After we won it, the celebration was obvious on TV, the entire thing just seemed a bit empty to me...

oh well.
Maybe you saw it through Pewter colored glasses. What exactly could any of the players or coaches have done after that game that you would have had a negative feeling about? It's easy to not have the same feeling watching the Colts as you did the Buccs.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #16 : February 05, 2007, 11:08:28 AM »

well, I guess I just saw it differently than the rest of you then. After we won it, the celebration was obvious on TV, the entire thing just seemed a bit empty to me...

oh well.
Maybe you saw it through Pewter colored glasses. What exactly could any of the players or coaches have done after that game that you would have had a negative feeling about? It's easy to not have the same feeling watching the Colts as you did the Buccs.

as I said above, I have seen other super bowl victory celebartions on tv that looked fun, full of emotion, a true celebration, this one just didn't have any heart.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #17 : February 05, 2007, 11:12:41 AM »

well, I guess I just saw it differently than the rest of you then. After we won it, the celebration was obvious on TV, the entire thing just seemed a bit empty to me...

oh well.

as I said above, I have seen other super bowl victory celebartions on tv that looked fun, full of emotion, a true celebration, this one just didn't have any heart.
Manning is a true proffesional. He was probably thinking about breaking down the film while he was on the podium. He was live on NFL Network this morning, and stated he hadn't slept yet because he was up celebrating with family and friends, and he had already watched the television broadcast of the game.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #18 : February 05, 2007, 11:14:24 AM »

I always wonder what Manning is barking about all game long. He looks like a total crybaby. He could throw a TD pass and he would still be yelling about something.

I don't hate him for it, but I could see his teammates hating him for it.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #19 : February 05, 2007, 11:22:57 AM »

I always wonder what Manning is barking about all game long. He looks like a total crybaby. He could throw a TD pass and he would still be yelling about something.

I don't hate him for it, but I could see his teammates hating him for it.
Yah, that's why all his teamates were commenting before the game that they wanted to win for Peyton? There are many other ways to answer those questions without saying you want to win for manning.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #20 : February 05, 2007, 11:25:32 AM »

When the Rangers won the Stanley Cup in 1994, they removed a huge monkey from
their back. The Colts victory is not the same thing but it was still big.

In another thread, I metioned how Dungy seemed to lack emotion when he was
handed the SB trophy. It's not crticism. It's an observation. He grabbed it and
did the interview. No raising it over his head. No anything. Observation.

In 1994, when they handed the SC to Keenan, he took it and raised it over his
head triumpantly. The crowd erupted and I had chills. Every Ranger fan, when
watching the highlghts of the CELEBRATION thirteen years later, still gets
chills when watching Keenan do that and Messier and Leech and on and
on. The emotions on display were amazing to see and I'll never forget it.

I also was a bit baffled to see that kind of stuff missing from last night. Granted
it's wasn't a home game (like the Rangers) and it didn't end a drought from 1940.
But, it was still an emotional win. At least I thought it was.

Strange. That's all. Maybe the team converted to Scientology without telling us.
But even Tom Cruise went whacko on Oprah when Katie fell in love. Now THAT's
emotion.

Or lunacy.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #21 : February 05, 2007, 11:28:51 AM »

Grow up Turbo!  We all know that Gruden acted with so much emotion only because of the sheer shock of the moment that he actually got away with winning the Superbowl with Dungy's team.  Heck, I would have been going nuts as well if I had walked into a Barry Switzer situation as well.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
« #22 : February 05, 2007, 11:36:02 AM »

Grow up Turbo!  We all know that Gruden acted with so much emotion only because of the sheer shock of the moment that he actually got away with winning the Superbowl with Dungy's team.  Heck, I would have been going nuts as well if I had walked into a Barry Switzer situation as well.

*click*

NFC South BBS  Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #23 : February 05, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »

**CENSORED** bag!!

disclaimer: Karen if this is offensive to you in any way, then......screw.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #24 : February 05, 2007, 11:46:34 AM »

Turbo:  Ladyfan to the rescue!!!  Ta Da!

That aw shucks thing is an ACT.  if I see one more cute commercial, or hear one more announcer deifying peyton Manning I'm going to puke.  The game was boring...
Peyton won by default as far as i'm concerned and he was a drag being politically correct football style when the game was over...I'm not a Peyton hater (I've had some fun dreams aboaut him) ,,,I'm a Peyton I'm tired of your excess publicicty, hype and  ass kissing by everyone...if youre such a team guy---give the MVP award to your team and decline it...yeah right!  And how about a few TEAM  commercials, you could insist and I'm tired of seeing all your 8mm home movies.  Where were Addais home and high school pix?  and Rhodes? etc.  How about your front line and your Dlline???  Talk about wretched excess!  Media sure knows how to drive something into the ground...all the way to china!  YUK.

As for Dungy, that's a different story.  I think he's more used to adversity than joy so it's hard for him to let go of the reins once in awhile...in zen, it's called "the stink" as when someone gets overly pious publically and risks being adulated for the wrong reasons and has inadveretantly encouraged it.  Believe it or not, the antidote is to get drunk and disorderly.  

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #25 : February 05, 2007, 11:52:01 AM »

I want to see Dungy on some float in the parade with a bottle of Champagne, (Martinellis will do)
taking swigs and spitting into the crowd as he pumps his other hand with the SB trophy in it.
Then as they interview him, he says, "F*ck everybody who thought I couldn't get it done!!!"

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #26 : February 05, 2007, 11:57:20 AM »

Joe:  Love it!

Bucfanut

Starter

« #27 : February 05, 2007, 12:04:22 PM »

Grow up Turbo! We all know that Gruden acted with so much emotion only because of the sheer shock of the moment that he actually got away with winning the Superbowl with Dungy's team. Heck, I would have been going nuts as well if I had walked into a Barry Switzer situation as well.

Heed your own advice and grow up yourself....Gruden walked into a situation where the team had lost 3 consecutive playoff games without scoring a single touchdown; Switzer walked into a situation where the team had already won 2 Lombardis. Yeah, exactly the same.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #28 : February 05, 2007, 12:05:50 PM »

I need your email address Lady. It's in my system. Just need the first few letters.
ufojoe1@aol.com.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #29 : February 05, 2007, 12:06:57 PM »

Can we possibly have a thread without bickering over the Dungy/Gruden thing?

Let's keep this one to the Dungy and Manning Robots.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: lack of emotion / lack of celebration « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools