Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your PRESEASON POLLS BABY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: May 19, 2009, 06:18:16 PM

Since these carry ALL the wait and mean so much here we go. So many out, so if you want to post your favorite feel free. I just caught these 2...

Rivals
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=898567
Athlons...
http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/16632/2009-preseason-top-25 (they arent done with the knowledge yet)

add some.

Pretty much I think Utah, Boise State, USC are the most overrated. And Im leaning towards Ole Miss not being as good as people expect.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 19, 2009, 06:20:18 PM

Since these carry ALL the wait and mean so much here we gone. So many out, so if you want to post your favorite feel free.

Rivals
Athlons...
http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/16632/2009-preseason-top-25 (they arent done with the knowledge yet)

add some.

Pretty much I think Utah, Boise State, USC are the most overrated. And Im leaning towards Ole Miss not being as good as people expect.

You must be satisfied with that #14 ranking above GA.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 19, 2009, 06:27:28 PM

Since these carry ALL the wait and mean so much here we gone. So many out, so if you want to post your favorite feel free.

Rivals
Athlons...

add some.

You must be satisfied with that #14 ranking above GA.

its to low ;). Actually I think its pretty accurate. I dont see Oregon doing worst then last year with the schedule flipped. And they finished around there. I still maintain they will win the pac-10 but Im bias, and Im proud of it.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#3 : May 19, 2009, 06:40:47 PM

According to rivals Miami opens against 4 top 25 teams. very nice  8)

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 19, 2009, 06:43:13 PM

According to rivals Miami opens against 4 top 25 teams. very nice  8)

Thats right it seems that most people think Miami will lay eggs during those games, because they arent sniffing the top 25

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 19, 2009, 07:07:46 PM

I found another one and its the best yet...

Sporting news RULZZZZZZZZZZ. Best one yet ;)
They did top 10.
1. Florida
2, Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. USC
5. Mississippi
6. Virginia Tech
7. Oregon
8. LSU
9. Ohio State
10. Oklahoma State

I dont see how Ohio State, USC, Oregon can all finish in the top 10, when USC plays all of them. So either all 3 have 1 L, or USC beats OSU and/or Oregon.

Then LSU 8th... way to high. VT always ranked too high.

I think Oklahoma State will be a BCS team.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 19, 2009, 08:11:21 PM

1. Florida

Does the rest matter?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 19, 2009, 08:30:19 PM

1. Florida

Does the rest matter?

well its hard to say another team deserves it at this point.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 19, 2009, 08:32:25 PM

I think Oregon is a top 10 team. Everyone is overrating USC big time. They lost their QB, half their Oline, and almost all their D plus their DC.

5 is way too high for Ole Miss. Not with LSU and Bama (yeah they're at home but) on the schedule. 12-15 is more like it.

I really hope OU beat Boise State just so we don't have to hear whining at the end about some undefeated team from a second rate conference being left out.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#9 : May 19, 2009, 08:41:44 PM

I think Cal is a team that can take the pac 10. They probably have the best rb in the nation plus they get USC at home.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 19, 2009, 08:45:39 PM

I think Oregon is a top 10 team. Everyone is overrating USC big time. They lost their QB, half their Oline, and almost all their D plus their DC.

5 is way too high for Ole Miss. Not with LSU and Bama (yeah they're at home but) on the schedule. 12-15 is more like it.

I really hope OU beat Boise State just so we don't have to hear whining at the end about some undefeated team from a second rate conference being left out.

I hope your right. I think your right. I feel more confident with the QB, WR, LB play this year than last year. And I have a feeling that the secondary will be better even with the losses of Byrd and Chung. I think Thurmmond has 1st team all american talent, and it seems from Spring practice (yes I know spring) that he had his way with Masoli and the offense. So we'll see. They need to find Jeremiah Johnson replacement as the change of pace back... which I think they got in laMichael James but who knows he was injured all spring. Then Im "assuming" the OL will reload because they have in the past.

They could easily be a 1 loss team to a 5 loss team. If they lose @ Boise it could get ugly but if they win, I expect Oct 31 (USC) to decide the pac-10.

And I really think Oregon crushes Boise, just a gut. When Chip Kelly has more then a week off, his offenses lights teams up, and he will have a summer.

People love USC they lose a lot and people assume they can reload which they can, but I think its a lot to ask for. Its says enough when Carroll threw Sanchez under the bus when he decided to leave early, he knows it will be tough. But I hear more and more people liking Oregon this year so we'll see. You protect your homefield and win all the road games which you should be all favored, then at worst you should be at the Holiday Bowl.

Ole Miss I agree is a top 15 team but I think they are a little high. Around 12-15 seems right.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 19, 2009, 08:46:35 PM

I think Cal is a team that can take the pac 10. They probably have the best rb in the nation plus they get USC at home.

And a below avg QB.

The QB play will kill them. Teams will stack the box on them

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#12 : May 19, 2009, 08:59:30 PM

And a below avg QB.

Well there talking alot about the 2 wrs Cal has a good running game opens up alot for offenses.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#13 : May 19, 2009, 09:03:06 PM

1. Florida

Does the rest matter?

well its hard to say another team deserves it at this point.

I agree. I am interested seeing Tebow under center like UF is saying he's going to do. He has athletes all around him so it should be fun to watch.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 19, 2009, 09:12:50 PM

And a below avg QB.

Well there talking alot about the 2 wrs Cal has a good running game opens up alot for offenses.

Best is legit, but they weight way to much on him IMO to win the pac-10

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your PRESEASON POLLS BABY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools