Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your PRESEASON POLLS BABY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 19, 2009, 09:14:12 PM

1. Florida

Does the rest matter?

well its hard to say another team deserves it at this point.

I agree. I am interested seeing Tebow under center like UF is saying he's going to do. He has athletes all around him so it should be fun to watch.

If it doesnt work out they will move up back up and all it will hurt is his draft stock.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#16 : May 19, 2009, 09:18:15 PM

Names to remember (that you might hear in September)

May 19, 2009 11:00 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller

Much of the talk during spring practices is about guys who are raising eyebrows, pushing for starting jobs or are on the cusp of breaking through.

Here are some of those guys.

Conan Amituanai, Arizona, OG: This 335-pound junior played well this spring and is expected to give the Wildcats flexibility up front as they fill some gaps. Most particularly, his emergence allows Mike Diaz to move out to left tackle, where he'd replace Eben Britton.

Clint Floyd, Arizona State, FS: This sophomore saw action in 2008 -- when he wasn't hurt -- and he's the guy who will replace the invaluable Troy Nolan.

Alex Lagemann, California, WR: Fellow receiver Marvin Jones got a lot of attention for his strong spring, but Lagemann also opened eyes. The sophomore could emerge if returning veterans don't rise to the challenge.

Eddie Pleasant, Oregon, LB: New coach Chip Kelly raved about his linebackers this spring, and Pleasant earned kudos for stepping in for the departed Jerome Boyd.

Suaesi Tuimaunei, Oregon State, S: The Beavers are rebuilding their secondary, with all four 2008 starters gone. While there are concerns at cornerback, Tuimaunei and sophomore Lance Mitchell are an upgrade athletically at the two safety spots, and some believe this position will be stronger next fall.

David DeCastro, Stanford, OG: This redshirt freshman earned good reviews and is almost certainly going to start on one of the guard spots.

Aaron Hester, UCLA, CB: Hester will need to show mental toughness because teams are going to target this redshirt freshman opposite Alterraun Verner.

Tyron Smith, USC, OT: The Trojans welcomed back all five 2008 starters on their offensive line. Smith wasn't one of them. The true sophomore is just too talented to sit.

Jermaine Kearse, WR, Washington: The Huskies need a receiver to emerge to complement D'Andre Goodwin. Kearse, a sophomore, could be the guy. Or maybe it will be fellow sophomore Devin Aguilar. Or both.

Skyler Stormo, TE, Washington State: The redshirt freshman had the best spring of any Cougar at the position and caught a couple of passes in the spring game. Showed promise blocking, too.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 19, 2009, 09:32:44 PM

Eddie Plesant played well last year. I believe he had 12 tackles his first game. He may not start though with the play of JC LB Littlejohn, who had a great spring. Oregon will rotate a lot of LB this year

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#18 : May 19, 2009, 09:37:43 PM

Eddie Plesant played well last year. I believe he had 12 tackles his first game. He may not start though with the play of JC LB Littlejohn, who had a great spring. Oregon will rotate a lot of LB this year

Dont know to much about the pac 10. Im from Florida I follow more SEC ACC and Big East.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 19, 2009, 09:41:18 PM

Dont know to much about the pac 10. Im from Florida I follow more SEC ACC and Big East.

so do most people. Its not your fault its the pac-10. They put games on FSN, and Versus. Well boring conferences like the Big Ten are all over ESPN. Oregon I believe plays 7 national TV games, starting with the first CFB of the year  in CFB@ Boise State. So maybe things will change with a new commish.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 19, 2009, 11:44:30 PM

1. Florida

Does the rest matter?

I agree. I am interested seeing Tebow under center like UF is saying he's going to do. He has athletes all around him so it should be fun to watch.

If it doesnt work out they will move up back up and all it will hurt is his draft stock.

Don't expect to see Tebow under center a lot this year.  Meyer will try and prepare him as much as he can Spring and in practice, but he is going to do (and rightfully so) what is best for the team, and Tebow agrees.  The main thing with Tebow will be his release and footwork, and those can be worked on without being under center a lot for the time being.  If he can show vast improvement in those areas it shows coachability and the propensity to get better, and that is all it will take.  Tebow is going to be a 1st round pick short of breaking his neck or otherwise blowing up this year, so really it is all about winning a title at UF...and that is all Urban, Tebow and the rest care about come Fall. 

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#21 : May 20, 2009, 12:03:16 AM

1. Florida

Does the rest matter?

Don't expect to see Tebow under center a lot this year. Meyer will try and prepare him as much as he can Spring and in practice, but he is going to do (and rightfully so) what is best for the team, and Tebow agrees. The main thing with Tebow will be his release and footwork, and those can be worked on without being under center a lot for the time being. If he can show vast improvement in those areas it shows coachability and the propensity to get better, and that is all it will take. Tebow is going to be a 1st round pick short of breaking his neck or otherwise blowing up this year, so really it is all about winning a title at UF...and that is all Urban, Tebow and the rest care about come Fall.

I read this earlier

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4178702

LFO

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 20, 2009, 12:10:51 AM

1. Florida

Does the rest matter?

Don't expect to see Tebow under center a lot this year. Meyer will try and prepare him as much as he can Spring and in practice, but he is going to do (and rightfully so) what is best for the team, and Tebow agrees. The main thing with Tebow will be his release and footwork, and those can be worked on without being under center a lot for the time being. If he can show vast improvement in those areas it shows coachability and the propensity to get better, and that is all it will take. Tebow is going to be a 1st round pick short of breaking his neck or otherwise blowing up this year, so really it is all about winning a title at UF...and that is all Urban, Tebow and the rest care about come Fall.

I read this earlier

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4178702

Interesting article and really echoes what many of us Gator fans have heard all spring.  When Loeffler was brought in we knew he would work with Tebow, but at the end of the day winning games trumps all.  Tebow will be different, I think (mainly release and footwork), but not noticeably different to most and the offense won't be as well.  As mentioned there and as I have as well, Urban DID run 35 snaps against OSU under center with Leak, so it's not like the offense can't support that type of style.  But I think with as dangerous as Tebow and the team is out of the gun, it won't be as necessary as then when Leak was more suited for that, not to mention we had a capable FB in Latsko. 

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#23 : May 20, 2009, 12:24:51 AM

With doubts lingering about Tebow's ability to play quarterback in the NFL, Meyer said the Gators have to do everything possible to prepare him for the next level.

"We have to do Tim justice," Meyer said. "If it's going to help him, we owe it to him to do it. At the end of the day, Tim is going to be a very good NFL player. If he goes to the right team and a well-coached team, he's going to be a very productive player for a very long time."

Would say alot about Meyer being a coach to. Yeah id say they owe it to Tebow.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 20, 2009, 07:44:38 PM

The Athlons guy was on the radio here...

asked him tell me why Florida wont be #1.

Only reason was maybe Percy Harvin factor

Pretty good interview, really likes Oregon. Says the pac-10 is underrated, and they are getting it done outside the conference. Says whats hurting them is Washington and Wazzu etc.

He lives in Nashville said Kiffin is still liked in Tennessee which kind of surprised me.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#25 : May 20, 2009, 09:02:40 PM

Message to all gator fans 09 is your last year to win a national title. I wish your team luck . Tebow,Harvin,and Spikes are 3 of the greatest gators ive ever seen.

Miami will give you one more year of being from GAINESVILLE

Then we call it CANESVILLE like usual

USF is able to recruit south florida talent. But Luther Cambell said it best

If yo ass wants to go to UF and play in the sticks. Then you're mostly to end up in jail or become a dumb drunk because you're bored as all hell

gator fans dumb drunks
gator players lol you see the results

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 20, 2009, 09:06:41 PM

Message to all gator fans 09 is your last year to win a national title. I wish your team luck . Tebow,Harvin,and Spikes are 3 of the greatest gators ive ever seen.

If yo butt wants to go to UF and play in the sticks. Then you're mostly to end up in jail or become a dumb drunk because you're bored as all hell

gator fans dumb drunks

Come one man. The last thing canes fans need is another ignorant trash talker to speak for them.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#27 : May 20, 2009, 09:28:20 PM

Todd McShay, an ESPN NFL draft analyst and director of college football scouting for Scouts Inc., doesn't project Tebow as a first-round selection in his 2010 mock draft. McShay projects quarterbacks Sam Bradford of Oklahoma and Colt McCoy of Texas as top-10 selections.

"Tebow's release is a bit three-quarter, which is not ideal," McShay said. "The bigger issue is the slowness of his release. I have him projected as a second-to-third round prospect right now, but he can make big strides as a senior. Much like Pat White, Tebow will be drafted as a QB that could play another position on offense (H-back type?) and possibly a slash-role of both.

"The three biggest areas Loeffler can help him improve:
1. Get the ball out quicker
2. Progression reads
3. More consistent accuracy intermediate/vertical."

With doubts lingering about Tebow's ability to play quarterback in the NFL, Meyer said the Gators have to do everything possible to prepare him for the next level.

"We have to do Tim justice," Meyer said. "If it's going to help him, we owe it to him to do it. At the end of the day, Tim is going to be a very good NFL player. If he goes to the right team and a well-coached team, he's going to be a very productive player for a very long time."

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#28 : May 20, 2009, 09:30:46 PM

Yeah they need to show Tebow justice. Yo Meyer can you actually coach him? Gator nation really hopes so

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#29 : May 20, 2009, 09:33:23 PM

If yo butt wants to go to UF and play in the sticks. Then you're mostly to end up in jail or become a dumb drunk because you're bored as all hell

gator fans dumb drunks

Come one man. The last thing canes fans need is another ignorant trash talker to speak for them.

Message to another gator fan finally enjoying success

Enjoy Tebow and 09 

CANESVILLE LOL

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your PRESEASON POLLS BABY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools