Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we not making a move for Rod Hood? « previous next »
Page: 1

clyton4prez

Second String

: May 20, 2009, 02:14:12 PM

Still don't understand.  We have more money than any of those teams.  We should have beat these teams to the punch.  IMO

clyton4prez

Second String

#1 : May 20, 2009, 01:55:49 PM

I don't understand why the FO isn't throwing some cash at this guy?  It's not like we don't have the cap space.  He could fill a void at CB.  Is it because he's 5-11 198 and doesn't fit the Defensive scheme?   Just trying to understand thats all. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 20, 2009, 01:56:18 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Roderick Hood-DB- Cardinals May. 20 - 1:43 pm et

Profootballtalk.com reports that the Rams have extended a contract offer to free agent CB Roderick Hood.

Hood, who's drawn previous interest from Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Detroit, is reportedly also slated to visit Chicago. He'd be an ideal fit in St. Louis. Hood knows coach Steve Spagnuolo's scheme and the Rams need corner help.
Source: Profootballtalk.com
Related: Bears, Rams

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 20, 2009, 02:22:07 PM

Still don't understand. We have more money than any of those teams. We should have beat these teams to the punch. IMO

Correction:  We have more cap space than these teams.  Not more money.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 20, 2009, 02:23:53 PM

Hood is considered by most to have a max upside of nickel back.  I think we have a couple of solid NB options; it's the starting CB that we should be worried about.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 20, 2009, 04:18:56 PM

maybe they are confident in Mack and Biggs?

I dont know.  I here you as I thought bringin in a washed up vet like Bly or McAllister couldn't hurt, but it appears we want to go younger.  I think considering having one of the top 5 hardest schedules, just 7 homes games, and closing out the final 6 weeks of the season with 4 road games means that the team has a realistic outlook of the season..(its unfortunate for those fans that still have hopes of playoffs)

I am ok with a down season.  Lets play the young guys. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 20, 2009, 06:27:38 PM

Clearly they are happy with some folks Bada - and feel CB is set - no CBs in FA, and kids with no proven NFL experience anywhere - so Raheem knows CBs and he has what he wants.... it will be interesting...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#7 : May 20, 2009, 06:31:42 PM

The Bucs like what they have at corner, believe it or not. I'm skeptical about the position, but we'll see how it plays out. Barber and Talib stayed healthy last year, and Barber has shown he can stay healthy over the span of his career.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we not making a move for Rod Hood? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools