Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rookie WR's « previous next »
Page: 1

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

: July 09, 2009, 10:45:58 PM

I'm starting to make my fantasy football big board. I'd like to look at some rookie receivers that can make an impact. The sign of a good FF player is making their late picks count and finding gems that go undrafted. Last year I picked up Eddie Royal, Anotnio Bryant, and Matt ryan. Lets make a rookie receiver big board.

1. Michael Crabtree- He should get the start right away if he is fully healthy. 45-50 catch year for Crab Cakes

2- Percy Harvin- My personal favorite if he stays healthy.  

3. Hakeem nicks- I like the position he is in New York. Playing with an established QB in Manning with a chance to seize the #1 spot. his game translates well at this level.

4. Jeremy Maclin- He will be the slot man in Philadelphia behind Jackson and Curtis.

5. Kenny britt- Darkhorse it all depends on the titans QB situation.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 10, 2009, 09:49:44 PM

This one's tough. I don't think the "best" WR will produce much this year. The Niners' O figures to be 1 dimensional, Eagles have about 4 or 5 options in front of Maclin, and Nicks is also behind a couple or few guys that have been there for a while. If Britt's skill set is what everyone thinks it can be, I think he has a chance to be productive right off the bat.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 11, 2009, 12:38:15 AM

Britt reminds me of Colston; I want to throw in Louis Murphy the rookie receiver from Oakland to the mix. The raiders like this guy and might be better than Bey.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 13, 2009, 03:39:38 PM

1-Crabtree
2-Harvin
3-Nicks
4-Heyward-Bey
5-Robinski

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 17, 2009, 09:01:54 PM

Britt reminds me of Colston; I want to throw in Louis Murphy the rookie receiver from Oakland to the mix. The raiders like this guy and might be better than Bey.

Yeah, good call. Another may be Dillard from the Jags. I loved him coming out of Rice as a route runner w/ hands. Jags' WR corps, while not horrid, is wide open. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as an Eddie Royal type this year, maybe minus the every-so-often explosive play.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 20, 2009, 06:21:44 PM

I'm not thrilled with any of the rookies because they are either raw (Maclin, Harvin, Crabtree) or not in an offense I want a part of (SF/OAK/CLE).

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 20, 2009, 07:15:24 PM

I'm starting to make my fantasy football big board. I'd like to look at some rookie receivers that can make an impact. The sign of a good FF player is making their late picks count and finding gems that go undrafted. Last year I picked up Eddie Royal, Anotnio Bryant, and Matt ryan. Lets make a rookie receiver big board.

Royal went undrafted in your league? Damn!

As for this year, i like Percy with Maclin as my sleeper.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rookie WR's « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools