Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SI Backfield ratings « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#60 : May 29, 2009, 01:43:54 PM

Garcia might have a got a couple of those teams a FG more a game here and there.� That's about the most you could realistically say about Garcia and his services compared to the other QB's they had.  He'd still be running around like a chicken with his head cut-off and taking the checkdown after his first option wasn't there.  Not 3 or 4 wins worth of an upgrade.

You're so blind that you don't even see how stupid this argument is. You think Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't cost this team 3 games? your are nuts, end of story.

Substitute your homey Garcia in for Fitzpatrick, and tell which games Cincinnati would have won that they didn't, Confucius.

You have 2 possible, at the very, very best - 12-20 loss to Cleveland and 14-26 loss to the Jets.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#61 : May 29, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

It's useless to argue with Buc Fans that don't realize that Garcia was the best QB we've had since 02 Brad Johnson.

Actually, 2004 Brian Griese (in less games) > 2007 & 2008 Jeff Garcia, even in the suddenly all-important YPA

They know nothing about football

LMAO.

dont like the guy because he throws TDs in the low teens.

Well, at least you got one thing right.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#62 : May 29, 2009, 02:17:11 PM

Biggs...how many crucial INTs did Griese throw in 2004?  We had some success with him, but we were what 5-6 with him in there?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#63 : May 29, 2009, 02:40:40 PM

Biggs...how many crucial INTs did Griese throw in 2004?

Too many.  He's Brian friggin' Griese.

There is no doubt that not throwing interceptions is the best part of Garcia's game.  But, that unwillingness to make tough throws is also the reason his TD totals are low.  Double-edged sword.

#64 : May 29, 2009, 03:26:25 PM

It's useless to argue with Buc Fans that don't realize that Garcia was the best QB we've had since 02 Brad Johnson. They know nothing about football and dont like the guy because he throws TDs in the low teens.

Include me in that group.

BucsPromo

Starter

#65 : May 29, 2009, 03:35:49 PM

21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Who: QBs Byron Leftwich, Josh Freeman, Luke McCown; RBs Derrick Ward, Earnest Graham

Add/subtract: Jon Gruden moving from sideline to broadcast booth will have some effect on the QBs. Warrick Dunn's departure ends an era. But Ward was a 1,000-yard rusher with the Giants and Freeman was the No. 17 pick of the draft.

Questionable: A team that has two starting quarterbacks has none. What if it thinks it has three?

The Thought: The Bucs are on the rise but the quarterback competition will take focus away from one central figure, which figures to be Freeman in the future.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/05/22/backfields/2.html

The list is pretty bad though. Eli at 2? Come on.

who cares what SI has to say about the bucs?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#66 : May 29, 2009, 03:57:45 PM

You might feel better knowing that he had fewer red zone attempts than any QB with as many starts as he had and that goes a long way to explaining his low TD stats because his TD rate inside the red zone is not far off the mark of most QB's but he had so few attempts there's not much to be done.

People want this to be some sort of Jeff is the best QB or the worst but in point of fact he was a QB who was just a bit above average last year in terms of performance. He'd have been a disaster in some offenses that attack down the field but given the offensive design he was doing what the offense asked him to do.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#67 : May 29, 2009, 05:02:33 PM

You might feel better knowing that he had fewer red zone attempts than any QB

Again, why is that?  Probably the same reason our FG kicker had the second most attempts in the league.

You can attempt to spin this and put it on the offense all you want, but the TD's/attempt of other QB's running the same offense says otherwise. 

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#68 : May 29, 2009, 06:02:43 PM

It's useless to argue with Buc Fans that don't realize that Garcia was the best QB we've had since 02 Brad Johnson. They know nothing about football and dont like the guy because he throws TDs in the low teens.

Oh, I'd rather have a QB that can toss over 20 TDs too..like say Brett Favre.....or....Jay Cutler.....

;D Don't worry I was on board with you for those 2 guys...Hopefully Freeman can be a good QB for us.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#69 : May 29, 2009, 07:01:26 PM

You might feel better knowing that he had fewer red zone attempts than any QB with as many starts as he had and that goes a long way to explaining his low TD stats because his TD rate inside the red zone is not far off the mark of most QB's but he had so few attempts there's not much to be done.

People want this to be some sort of Jeff is the best QB or the worst but in point of fact he was a QB who was just a bit above average last year in terms of performance. He'd have been a disaster in some offenses that attack down the field but given the offensive design he was doing what the offense asked him to do.

Dal - I'm with you from the standpoint that Garcia fit Gruden's offense better than anyone else on the roster - and Garcia would not fit with the new offensive scheme.

I'll go one further - he won't fit Oakland's offense - at all. He think's he's going to compete - they brought him in for a caretakers position and he's desperately trying to make more of it than it is. I grew weary of the prince mentality with him last season...I still think it's funny that he was SOO put out with Gruden and Allen for attempting to upgrade the Bucs - but he now infers that he was brought in despite the promises made to Jamarcus Russell...hilarious. I wish him well but I'm good to be rid of him...

With Garcia - you haven't yet hit on the data point that proves he's a better QB than anyone currently on our staff - you've only proved he was a better fit for our previous offensive scheme.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#70 : May 30, 2009, 07:08:26 AM

With Garcia - you haven't yet hit on the data point that proves he's a better QB than anyone currently on our staff - you've only proved he was a better fit for our previous offensive scheme.

My argument isn't that he's a good QB for us now just that he wasn't the crushing problem last year that some people think he is. I'm glad he's gone and he's not a better option now but he gave us a competent to good level of QB play and I don't think we'll reach that same level of play this year - albeit in a difference offense- with anyone on our roster.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#71 : May 30, 2009, 02:40:01 PM

McNabb + Westbrook = No. 1 by a LARGE margin.

LOL, no

LOL, yes.

Top 5 QB's in the NFL.... RIGHT NOW (which the article is based on)
1. Brady
1. Peyton
(an argument can be made for both)
3. McNabb
4. Brees
5. Eli? Ben? Palmer? Pick anyone... it really doesn't matter

Top 5 RB's
1. Westbrook
2. Jackson
3. Tomlinson
4. Peterson
5. Turner

Sure, the order of both Top 5's are debatable, have at it, but nonetheless, only 1 team has a player show up in both categories.

I'll give Westbrook lots of luv but McNaab? GTFO.

I dont like McNabb either...but he is definetly a top 10 quarterback in this league.  The top 3 are Manning, Brady, and Brees.  You then have some quality guys like Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer, and heck even Kurt Warner.  But McNabb should be ranked anywhere from 4th to 9th in this league....

I have no real problem with putting Brees ahead of McNabb, but I will NOT put guys like Eli, Ben, Rivers, or Palmer ahead of McNabb... NO WAY.  At worst McNabb is #5, and in the end, my point still remains the same, McNabb + Westbrook = #1.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#72 : June 01, 2009, 11:48:13 AM

I have no real problem with putting Brees ahead of McNabb, but I will NOT put guys like Eli, Ben, Rivers, or Palmer ahead of McNabb... NO WAY.  At worst McNabb is #5, and in the end, my point still remains the same, McNabb + Westbrook = #1.

Well that's just crazy.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#73 : June 01, 2009, 12:00:32 PM

I have no real problem with putting Brees ahead of McNabb, but I will NOT put guys like Eli, Ben, Rivers, or Palmer ahead of McNabb... NO WAY. At worst McNabb is #5, and in the end, my point still remains the same, McNabb + Westbrook = #1.

Well that's just crazy.

I see no logical argument against it.  Sure, biasness will color one's eyes, but the facts can't be disputed.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#74 : June 01, 2009, 12:15:10 PM

I have no real problem with putting Brees ahead of McNabb, but I will NOT put guys like Eli, Ben, Rivers, or Palmer ahead of McNabb... NO WAY. At worst McNabb is #5, and in the end, my point still remains the same, McNabb + Westbrook = #1.

Well that's just crazy.

I see no logical argument against it.  Sure, biasness will color one's eyes, but the facts can't be disputed.

Against McNaab being in the top five ahead of guys in the league shorter amount of time that already have ring(s)?

Really you're only possible explanation for that is I'm a racist?  pfft...

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SI Backfield ratings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools