Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SI Backfield ratings « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#75 : June 01, 2009, 12:19:34 PM

I have no real problem with putting Brees ahead of McNabb, but I will NOT put guys like Eli, Ben, Rivers, or Palmer ahead of McNabb... NO WAY. At worst McNabb is #5, and in the end, my point still remains the same, McNabb + Westbrook = #1.

Well that's just crazy.

I see no logical argument against it.  Sure, biasness will color one's eyes, but the facts can't be disputed.

Rivers:  34 TD, 11 Int, 4,009 yards with a 105.5 rating.
McNabb:  23 TD, 11 Int, 3,916 yards with a 86.4 rating.

You're right.  The facts can't be disputed.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#76 : June 01, 2009, 12:25:53 PM

Mcnabb is not number three in the league. Brees, Rivers, and even Cutler are better QBs.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#77 : June 01, 2009, 12:47:21 PM

Rivers is crap.  Cutler and Brees just throw the ball on every play because neither team can run the ball.  McNabb has been to 5 NFC Championship games, Brees has only 1 playoff win in 3 games, and Cutler has never made it to the playoffs.  Rivers is 3-3, but when you play BAD defenses 6 games per yer, in your division+have LT+have Gates... his numbers are a little disappointing.  Lets see what he does this year with LT and Gates on the decline.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#78 : June 01, 2009, 01:07:02 PM

Rivers is crap.

LOL.

What happened to "facts can't be disputed?"

McNabb has been to 5 NFC Championship games

I guess you can move Big Ben and Eli above him if this is how you rank, since those two weren't dry-heaving on the football field in the Superbowls they played in...and they actually won their games.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#79 : June 01, 2009, 08:23:34 PM

The top 3 quarterbacks in the league are Manning, Brady, and Brees.  Phillip Rivers made a strong case last year and I will give him the #4 spot with Big Ben getting the #5 spot.  Sure Super Bowls have more to do with the team as a whole, but History will look kinder on guys like them than they will a guy like McNabb who hasn't won one yet.

Don't get me wrong, McNabb is definetly a top QB as I rate him #6.  I also think Carson Palmer can be disputed.  Throw in Tony Romo after him.  Maybe Jay Cutler, Eli Manning round out the top 10.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#80 : June 01, 2009, 08:25:43 PM

Rivers is crap. 

65%, 34 TD, 11 INT, 8.4 YAC and a 105.5 QBR....please, please, please, please let Freeman suck that bad.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#81 : June 01, 2009, 08:28:33 PM

Rivers is crap.

65%, 34 TD, 11 INT, 8.4 YAC and a 105.5 QBR....please, please, please, please let Freeman suck that bad.

I'll take those numbers spread out over 2 years lol

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#82 : June 01, 2009, 08:45:57 PM

Rivers is crap.

I'll take those numbers spread out over 2 years lol

Oh, we know you would.

Here's your favorite QB over the last 2 years: 64.5%, 25 TD, 10 Int, 7.35 avg, 92.4 QB rating

;)

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#83 : June 01, 2009, 09:25:17 PM

Rivers is crap. 

From your keys to God's eyes !

Incomparable sig by Incognito

HughC

Pro Bowler

#84 : June 01, 2009, 11:11:45 PM

With Bryant, Winslow, Ward and Graham along with our (hopefully improved) offensive line, I don't really care who's QB.

With the right coaching, teams can hide a weakness at QB if other positions are solid.
Exact reason Freeman should be the opening day starter!
I want Freeman to be the starter because he earned it, not because it was handed to him.  I want the starting quarterback to be the guy who has proven that he has learned the playbook, understands the offensive philosophy, goes through the progressions, shows in TC that he is making the right decisions, and does the best job at the speed of an NFL game.

If Freeman is handed the starting job without having done those things, how is he going to be accepted by the other players as the leader of this team?  I want him to be ready from day one, but I want him to earn the starting job.  In terms of confidence, leadership, and team chemistry, I think it would be a very bad choice to put Freeman (or either of the other QBs) in as the starter if they have not at that point shown that they deserve to start.

And back to the article: it was as if they were trying too hard to be different.  I can understand a column ranking best QB/WR combos, or best RB/OL's, but best QB-RB tandems?  Ehh, whatever, I guess they have to stretch to come up with material now that the draft is over and we are still 14 weeks away from real games.   

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#85 : June 01, 2009, 11:54:07 PM

Rivers is crap.  Cutler and Brees just throw the ball on every play because neither team can run the ball.  McNabb has been to 5 NFC Championship games, Brees has only 1 playoff win in 3 games, and Cutler has never made it to the playoffs.  Rivers is 3-3, but when you play BAD defenses 6 games per yer, in your division+have LT+have Gates... his numbers are a little disappointing.  Lets see what he does this year with LT and Gates on the decline.
I don't really see how any of that rates McNabb higher than them. Wins is more of a product of the team around them. Put Brees on some of those Eagle teams and I bet they're wearing a ring by now. There should also be something said for age in this discussion. Guys like Rivers and Cutler are younger so they're guys you can build a team around.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#86 : June 02, 2009, 01:08:50 PM

Rivers is crap. Cutler and Brees just throw the ball on every play because neither team can run the ball. McNabb has been to 5 NFC Championship games, Brees has only 1 playoff win in 3 games, and Cutler has never made it to the playoffs. Rivers is 3-3, but when you play BAD defenses 6 games per yer, in your division+have LT+have Gates... his numbers are a little disappointing. Lets see what he does this year with LT and Gates on the decline.
I don't really see how any of that rates McNabb higher than them. Wins is more of a product of the team around them. Put Brees on some of those Eagle teams and I bet they're wearing a ring by now. There should also be something said for age in this discussion. Guys like Rivers and Cutler are younger so they're guys you can build a team around.

The article does not state future/build around or anything like that.  It's all about right now and right now McNabb is better than Rivers, Cutler, and Eli.  Like I said, you want to debate Brees, go ahead, have at it, I won't argue.  I can tell you this, NO Brees nor the Eagles would be wearing rings has McNabb and Brees switched teams.  The ONLY reason the Eagles ever made to a single NFC Championship game IS McNabb.  McNabb probably would be wearing rings if he had more than scraps to work with on offense other than Westbrook.  Go look up the Eagles leading receivers... Thrash, Pinkston, Lewis, Brown, Curtis... are you kidding me.  At no point in any of their careers had any of those guys been better than an NFL #3 WR.  McNabb IS, not just WAS, GREAT.  Anyone hear who thinks otherwise is just a hater and has no credibility on the topic.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#87 : June 02, 2009, 01:17:47 PM

right now McNabb is better than Rivers

Try again.  After all, "facts can't be disputed" a wise man once said.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#88 : June 02, 2009, 10:34:29 PM

ZI have watched a silly debate unfold for several pages - McNabb is a great QB for the system he's in - Rivers is perfectly suited to the system he's in.

They are both fantastic QB's.

Last season McNabb was considering moving on from Philly - I would have loved to have had him on this roster with gruden as the HC,

This season - I'd rather have Rivers.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#89 : April 05, 2010, 04:08:42 PM

right now McNabb is better than Rivers

(In 2008)

Try again.  After all, "facts can't be disputed" a wise man once said.

And Rivers was yet again better than McNabb in 2009.

Rivers:  28 TD, 9 Int, 4,254 yards with a 104.4 rating
McNabb:  22 TD, 10 Int, 3,553 yards with a 92.9 rating

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SI Backfield ratings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools