Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy Talks Vick and Josh Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PoorRichard

Starter

#30 : May 23, 2009, 05:21:43 PM

So many claim to be Christian yet so few have forgiveness in their heart.

bucmebaby

Starter

#31 : May 23, 2009, 09:57:09 PM

If I may put this thread on a different tack, last night on National Geographic they a feature about the dogs that are now known as the Vick Dogs. Many experts had told the court that dogs that has been trained to fight and kill could never be rehabilitated, and that the Vick Dogsw should be 'put down' - i.e. euthanized - i.e. killed.

Other voices, notably Dog Town in Utah, told the court that such dogs could be rehabilitated and many of them to the point of being adopted by families. The feature showed how the dogs looked and behaved at first, and then how they slowly came to trust humans again. Many of the dogs recovered and became loved and loving family dogs. A few were too far gone to recover, but that was a  very few.

So as I look at the big picture, most of the dogs are fine, Vick has paid his price; let's move on. I'm sure the dogs themselves would be the first to forgive Vick, and I surely want to be better than a dog. Don't you?

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it." Paulo Coelho - The Alchemist

bucman23

Starter

#32 : May 25, 2009, 04:47:53 PM

If I may put this thread on a different tack, last night on National Geographic they a feature about the dogs that are now known as the Vick Dogs. Many experts had told the court that dogs that has been trained to fight and kill could never be rehabilitated, and that the Vick Dogsw should be 'put down' - i.e. euthanized - i.e. killed.

Other voices, notably Dog Town in Utah, told the court that such dogs could be rehabilitated and many of them to the point of being adopted by families. The feature showed how the dogs looked and behaved at first, and then how they slowly came to trust humans again. Many of the dogs recovered and became loved and loving family dogs. A few were too far gone to recover, but that was a very few.

So as I look at the big picture, most of the dogs are fine, Vick has paid his price; let's move on. I'm sure the dogs themselves would be the first to forgive Vick, and I surely want to be better than a dog. Don't you?

i completely disagree. first of all, those dogs that were on tv just happened to be the dogs that were still alive and being trained to fight. there were more than 50 dogs found dead on his property. do you realize that michael vick PLEAD GUILTY to electrocuting, hanging, drowning, and beating them on the ground until they were dead? he put females in heat in "rape stands" and overbread them(basically strap them to a pole and force a male to impregnate a female) causing some to die because of it. he did all of this as a scam and a thrill to make money. then he lied to the commisioner, his owner, and their spokesmen about everything. yes he went to prison, but that means that he should automatically be reinstated? it is a privelage to make millions of dollars in the nfl, not a right. im all for forgiving someone, and i believe everyone should be forgiven, but they have to earn it. why should we automatically give vick the right to make millions, because he says hes sorry? he very well may be, and judging from dungys response, he is. i still think he needs to earn it. keep that construction job and be humbled like the rest of us for a full year if you want to play football that bad. ive been to jail as a teenager when my life was screwed up and i was making poor decisions and i was telling everyone i was sorry, my probation officer, my parents, my girlfriend, everyone. i really was sorry, but after about 6 months out of jail when i got back to my normal life my psyche reverted back to the old ways. i dont think you realize the fragileness of people like vick, and me, that are capable of destructing our life and not even realize were doing it. just because he went to jail does not mean he earned anything back, he has more problems than the dog fighting, its his entire psyche and thought process, and he needs to earn the right to play again and prove himself by living in the real world for a while. dont feel bad for him, he created this entire problem.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 25, 2009, 04:58:53 PM

Coach was on Colin Cowherd's show today, too. Dungy said the most peeved (he said he almost blew up) he ever got was when 2 Bucs missed appointments on the same day - one for a group of kids and the other was an autograph signing.

They were getting ready to play Oakland (the one they lost 45-0?) and for 30 min. he said nothing about Oakland, only talked about the importance of honor and integrity.

Who was the coach in Oakland?

Who gives a $#!%?
I was just wondering dude...i believe it was GRUDEN!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 27, 2009, 11:11:56 PM

Other voices, notably Dog Town in Utah, told the court that such dogs could be rehabilitated and many of them to the point of being adopted by families. The feature showed how the dogs looked and behaved at first, and then how they slowly came to trust humans again. Many of the dogs recovered and became loved and loving family dogs. A few were too far gone to recover, but that was a very few.

i completely disagree. first of all, those dogs that were on tv just happened to be the dogs that were still alive and being trained to fight. there were more than 50 dogs found dead on his property. do you realize that michael vick PLEAD GUILTY to electrocuting, hanging, drowning, and beating them on the ground until they were dead? he put females in heat in "rape stands" and overbread them(basically strap them to a pole and force a male to impregnate a female) causing some to die because of it. he did all of this as a scam and a thrill to make money. then he lied to the commisioner, his owner, and their spokesmen about everything. yes he went to prison, but that means that he should automatically be reinstated? it is a privelage to make millions of dollars in the nfl, not a right. im all for forgiving someone, and i believe everyone should be forgiven, but they have to earn it. why should we automatically give vick the right to make millions, because he says hes sorry? he very well may be, and judging from dungys response, he is. i still think he needs to earn it. keep that construction job and be humbled like the rest of us for a full year if you want to play football that bad. ive been to jail as a teenager when my life was screwed up and i was making poor decisions and i was telling everyone i was sorry, my probation officer, my parents, my girlfriend, everyone. i really was sorry, but after about 6 months out of jail when i got back to my normal life my psyche reverted back to the old ways. i dont think you realize the fragileness of people like vick, and me, that are capable of destructing our life and not even realize were doing it. just because he went to jail does not mean he earned anything back, he has more problems than the dog fighting, its his entire psyche and thought process, and he needs to earn the right to play again and prove himself by living in the real world for a while. dont feel bad for him, he created this entire problem.

Many will look at your post and claim you are incapable of forgiveness when in actuality you are just asking Vick to show he is worthy of forgiveness.

I have to admit I was pleased to see that Tony is more interested in Vick the individual than Vick the football player.

Until I truly see Vick doing things truly positive towards eliminating the horrible sub human activity he was involved I see no reason to forgive anything.

All I have seen is someone finally telling the truth only to save their own neck.  To this day I don't believe Vick feels he did anything wrong.  As to his defenders stating he should be reinstated.  I seriously doubt that is ever going to happen.

Just like Dungy left football for a greater calling Vick should as well.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 27, 2009, 11:26:58 PM

Wow, that was a great read. It's stories like these that make me step back and realize how great my life actually is. I think my life is crap sometimes but I have parents who have cared for me all my life and have given their support to me. I can't imagine how my life would have turned up with different parents/no parents. Hopefully Vick can get back to his kids and be their for him. Nice job Dungy!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy Talks Vick and Josh Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools