Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nfl Draftcountdown updated 2 round mock draft « previous next »
Page: 1

dm4bucs

Starter
« : February 06, 2007, 10:34:01 AM »

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

This site usually is very good with mocks and has the best senior bowl coverage out there...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #1 : February 06, 2007, 11:00:26 AM »

Quick version for the Bucs:

1. Calvin Johnson
2. a. Justin Harrell
2. b. Victor Abiamiri

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bklynbucs11

Starter

« #2 : February 06, 2007, 11:01:43 AM »

Actually, from what I've seen in the last few years, nfldraftcountdown.com has really worsened in their performance. I think they were 60-70% inaccurate in both of the last 2 years. Their second round is generally porous so you can look forward to us definetely not drafting Justin Harell (which could be THE worst second round forecast for us - He can't get to the QB and he'd be taking Hovan's spot, who has been our most consistent performer on the line in the last 2 years).

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #3 : February 06, 2007, 11:02:34 AM »

I've seen worse.  Harrell's injuries kind of scare me, but hopefully they'd work out if the team went this way.  And hey, it's not like we aren't accustomed to having injury-plagued defensive tackles on our team!

;)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #4 : February 06, 2007, 11:03:43 AM »

I'm not sure what about this:

Has some health concerns and durability is a major question mark...He struggles to shed blockers...Has an inconsistent motor...Can use his hands better...Is not overly stout at the point...Is not real powerful and his good weight room strength does not always translate to the field...He never really had a breakout campaign.

Says round 2. I never want a lineman on either side of the ball who has "inconsistent motor". We might as well have kept McF.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #5 : February 06, 2007, 11:04:19 AM »

Actually, from what I've seen in the last few years, nfldraftcountdown.com has really worsened in their performance. I think they were 60-70% inaccurate in both of the last 2 years.

They're still among the best, but only so long as you look at their final mock.  Before their last pre-draft mock, they move things around quite a bit, trying to keep things interesting I'd guess.

« #6 : February 06, 2007, 11:04:31 AM »

Dont know about the Justin Harrell pick...My man from Tennessee is a good prospect however a ruptured Bicep is a severe injury and I would be worried about his condition and if he can handle it throughout the season....I wouldnt mind the Pick later in the second or early third...My Pick is Woodley/Weddle/Griffen/Ray Mac or Meriweather. That talent at these "also needed positions" is too good to take a pick that high on a question mark. I do like the Abiamiri pick if we can get him that low

My best senerio would be take a chance on a Justin Harrell or Marcus Thomas in the early third

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #7 : February 06, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »

Yeah, I'd probably go with Griffin if he fell to us at the top of the second.  Ultimately the defensive line IS more important, but goodness knows our safeties are nothing to brag about and I think Griffin would be very solid value there.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #8 : February 06, 2007, 11:15:51 AM »

Harrell played with a ruptured bicep and did some amazing things against the Florida offensive lineman (Booger on the other hand would pull himself out of the game if his pinky was hurting).  

http://www.realfootball365.com/college/articles/2006/09/tennessee-harrell-florida180906.html

Justin Harrell became a Rocky Top legend on Saturday -- just by taking the field against Florida.

A senior defensive tackle, Harrell suffered a ruptured tendon in his left bicep during the University of Tennessee's 31-30 victory over the Air Force Academy on Sept. 9. At least, it was reported as "season-ending."

But Harrell didn't want to go out that way, possibly because of the number he wears on his jersey -- the No. 92 that once belonged to Pro Football Hall of Famer Reggie White. Because of White's accomplishments both on and off the field and his sudden death several years ago, the school decided to retire that number when Harrell stopped wearing it.

And White would have been proud of how his successor finally exited. Earlier in the week, Harrell announced that he had put off his surgery for a week so that he could suit up one last time.

"We left it that he was going to try some tackling drills and see how it goes," Harrell's father, Edgar, told the Memphis Commercial Appeal. "Thursday, he called me and said, 'It's a go.' It didn't surprise me at all, it's typical Justin."

The team physician told Harrell that he wouldn't risk aggravating the injury by playing with it. That was a factor, because the 6-foot-4, 300-pounder was second-team All-SEC last season and will undoubtedly be drafted if his arm heals properly. In fact, he was projected as a second-round pick after 2005, but decided to return for a senior season that turned out to be abbreviated.

As a redshirt junior, the Martin, Tenn. product had 7 ½ tackles for loss, a couple of sacks and -- amazingly, for someone his size -- two interceptions, one of which he took back seven yards for a touchdown against Kentucky (probably because no one wanted to get in his way). The other pick, he returned 29 yards.

"I'm not going to put him on the bench," said UT coach Philip Fulmer two days before the Florida game. "He'll play, and I'll bet he'll play quite a bit."

And he did. Although UT lost, 21-20, to the Gators on Saturday night, Harrell -- essentially working with one arm -- started and played most of the game. He even made three tackles.

Then he peeled off his No. 92 jersey for the last time as his weary teammates roused themselves from their disappointment to give him a standing ovation.

If nothing else, Justin Harrell left on his terms -- just the way Reggie White would have.

NOTE: DB Inky Johnson, the other Volunteer defensive starter injured against Air Force, watched the Florida game from the press box, just a couple of days after surgery to repair damaged blood vessels and tendons in his neck and shoulders

Harrell will not be drafted that high due to his injury history.  If he was healthy he would definately be drafted a lot higher as he is a disruptor.  He is definately worth a look at 2b and 3.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #9 : February 06, 2007, 03:56:27 PM »

Harell is awesome. I saw that game he played with a torn biceps. I don't understand how anybody could say he has an "inconsistent motor." I thought he was pretty high motor and at the very least very couragous. He was trying his best to tackle with one arm and really did some good things.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #10 : February 06, 2007, 08:44:29 PM »

agreed.  his 1 arm effort against UF was one of the better stories of the season.  if he is healthy, I'd consider him at 2b or in the early 3rd.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nfl Draftcountdown updated 2 round mock draft « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools