Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Adams wasn't putting in the work « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 31, 2009, 11:50:12 AM

So now Adams has joined Clayton in the Annual "this is my year" hype.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 31, 2009, 12:20:39 PM

So now Adams has joined Clayton in the Annual "this is my year" hype.

I think it is a bit different since Michael had his year when he was a rook never to be seen again.  Adams is still looking for his breakout year. Also Clayton blames everyone else for his failures, Adams takes responsibility for his.

#32 : May 31, 2009, 12:34:22 PM

We've been through this with Rice and his sack totals in ARI and here when Sapp wasn't about.

Let's really just look at some other top end rushers:
What DT's are stopping QB's Abraham sacks from stepping up? Peppers? Freeny? Ware? Harrison? Porter? Kampmann? Allen before he got the Williams wall and got less sacks this year than last?

Seriously, Adams problem isn't that Adams doesn't have help it is that Adams has been sucking. He is supposed to be making everyone else on that line better not waiting for Jovan Haye to make a play.

Well stated.

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#33 : May 31, 2009, 01:35:08 PM

So Gaines Adams got 6.5 sacks, two game changing interceptions, a few passes defensed, on minimal effort? Hmm. Can't wait till the season starts then.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 31, 2009, 02:56:59 PM

So Gaines Adams got 6.5 sacks, two game changing interceptions, a few passes defensed, on minimal effort? Hmm. Can't wait till the season starts then.

That's what Adams wants you to believe. Just like Clayton wants you to believe he couldn't catch or get open to save his life because of Gruden's doghouse.

Clayton & Adams are the same player at different positions.

Both play off their "potential" and every year we hear how good they're gonna be.

To Clayton & Adams:

Shut up  and show me.

HAHAHAHA... I can't believe abbreviations are censored.

What if I meant Southern Tenant Farmers Union?

This country is sissified.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 31, 2009, 04:40:32 PM

Just maybe the QB stepped up in the pocket because the DT weren't doing their job.

Really believe that's what made Rice so good-nobody stopped Sapp.

We've been through this with Rice and his sack totals in ARI and here when Sapp wasn't about.

Let's really just look at some other top end rushers:
What DT's are stopping QB's Abraham sacks from stepping up? Peppers? Freeny? Ware? Harrison? Porter? Kampmann? Allen before he got the Williams wall and got less sacks this year than last?

Seriously, Adams problem isn't that Adams doesn't have help it is that Adams has been sucking. He is supposed to be making everyone else on that line better not waiting for Jovan Haye to make a play.

First of all good of the kid to be stand up and say what everyone else knows.  Let's hope he's got an answer.  However, I watch ever game at least two or three times and there are a lot of times when Gaines is beating guys and the QB steps up with no pressure in his face.  Maybe he could take a better angle but to even beat a bad tackle in this league and get within a step of a guy who is looking the throw in 4 seconds or less is pretty fast.  Yeah he lite in the draws and has just one move and no strength.  But using what he has he's been in position to do some good things with no help up the middle...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 31, 2009, 05:36:57 PM

First of all good of the kid to be stand up and say what everyone else knows.  Let's hope he's got an answer.  However, I watch ever game at least two or three times and there are a lot of times when Gaines is beating guys and the QB steps up with no pressure in his face.  Maybe he could take a better angle but to even beat a bad tackle in this league and get within a step of a guy who is looking the throw in 4 seconds or less is pretty fast.  Yeah he lite in the draws and has just one move and no strength.  But using what he has he's been in position to do some good things with no help up the middle...

Once more, it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad for poor Gaines that every other good pass rusher doesn't have the "no DT help" problem. He's so almost there that he is mostly invisibile in 12 of 16 games last year. Heck in 2 games vs CAR you want to tell me why he stat line is 0 tackles, 0 assists and 0 sacks? NOLA get got 1 tackles and .5 sacks in 2 games.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#37 : May 31, 2009, 05:39:35 PM

Give Adams another year before you call him a bust.

#38 : May 31, 2009, 05:50:51 PM

Yeah he's lite in the draws and has just one move and no strength.

Summed up quite nicely, bro.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 31, 2009, 06:21:01 PM

First of all good of the kid to be stand up and say what everyone else knows. Let's hope he's got an answer. However, I watch ever game at least two or three times and there are a lot of times when Gaines is beating guys and the QB steps up with no pressure in his face. Maybe he could take a better angle but to even beat a bad tackle in this league and get within a step of a guy who is looking the throw in 4 seconds or less is pretty fast. Yeah he lite in the draws and has just one move and no strength. But using what he has he's been in position to do some good things with no help up the middle...

Once more, it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad for poor Gaines that every other good pass rusher doesn't have the "no DT help" problem. He's so almost there that he is mostly invisibile in 12 of 16 games last year. Heck in 2 games vs CAR you want to tell me why he stat line is 0 tackles, 0 assists and 0 sacks? NOLA get got 1 tackles and .5 sacks in 2 games.

Never said Gaines didn't have work to do. But at the same time he could use some help...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 31, 2009, 06:34:25 PM

is he really so different from the bulk of young players entering pro sports?  used to dominating the college ranks due to superior athleticism, he underestimated what is took to be a standout professional athlete.  its a common theme repeated on every team in every sport.  he had his wake up call.  year three is a big year for any pro.  lets see what he does with it before we write him off. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 01, 2009, 08:59:22 AM

First of all good of the kid to be stand up and say what everyone else knows. Let's hope he's got an answer. However, I watch ever game at least two or three times and there are a lot of times when Gaines is beating guys and the QB steps up with no pressure in his face. Maybe he could take a better angle but to even beat a bad tackle in this league and get within a step of a guy who is looking the throw in 4 seconds or less is pretty fast. Yeah he lite in the draws and has just one move and no strength. But using what he has he's been in position to do some good things with no help up the middle...

Never said Gaines didn't have work to do. But at the same time he could use some help...
Of course he could use some help. The point is if he needs that kind of help he's not a dominant player. Dominant players don't need that kind of help.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 01, 2009, 05:59:47 PM

Of course he could use some help. The point is if he needs that kind of help he's not a dominant player. Dominant players don't need that kind of help.

Rice had it with Sapp and that ws as good as it gets. The dline isn't a one man wrecking crew...they all need to work together and effeciently to get the right pressure...

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 01, 2009, 06:09:44 PM

Its time for him to put up and shut up.. No more excuses.. He plays like a panty waist ...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 02, 2009, 07:11:07 AM

Rice had it with Sapp and that ws as good as it gets. The dline isn't a one man wrecking crew...they all need to work together and effeciently to get the right pressure...
As has been explained multiple times, Rice didn't have Sapp from 1996-2000 when he had 51.5 sacks nor from 2004-2005 when he had 26 sacks.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Adams wasn't putting in the work « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools