Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR help coming(Maybe)? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
: May 29, 2009, 05:21:34 PM

Was over on ESPN site reading the NFC south chat trans and Pat Y said he didn't have anything concrete but is hearing the Bucs are sniffing around a few FA WRs
and some that are supposedly on
the trade block(Edwards) I think was mentioned by someone.Pat also said he hears the team is not interested in Matt Jones and won't sign Plax.He made note to keep an eye on Harrison but that goes against all we did this off season, I'm thinking more along the lines of Brandon Lloyd or Reggie Williams. What do you guys think?

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 29, 2009, 05:31:38 PM

Braylon Edwards is a great talent. Would love to grab this guy for a second. Our WR group would actually be pretty solid. Bryant Stroughter and Edwards making plays with Winslow Ward and Graham all there.

As much as I think Raheem was a bad choice for HC I love the Jags hiring and I am really really optimistic about the offense this year. The defense is another story...

calibucfan15

Starter

#2 : May 29, 2009, 05:36:57 PM

I read that too. Question is Who all is out there?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 29, 2009, 05:40:28 PM

If we could swing for Edwards and trade Clayton for something I would think it's a solid deal but I feel like money would be a problem there. Not in that we dont have it, but that all the WR's would want it

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 29, 2009, 05:41:34 PM

well we could def use a WR to go alongside Bryant, but who?

I didnt know Reggie Williams was a free agent.  He may not be a bad guy to get if they dont want Plax, Jones, or Harrison.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 29, 2009, 05:42:52 PM

Clayton and a 3rd for Edwards.

GOD i want that bum MC80 out of here....hes a bigger bust then Caddy or Gaines combined. At least Caddy was injured and he came bakc and scored more TDs then Clayton did in 3 years....

Whats your excuse Clayton?? Oh, you suck...thats your excuse.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 29, 2009, 05:43:42 PM

If we could swing for Edwards and trade Clayton for something I would think it's a solid deal but I feel like money would be a problem there. Not in that we dont have it, but that all the WR's would want it

We will not trade Clayton.  We just gave him a 5 year, 24 million dollar contract with 10.5 million guarenteed.  His Agent should put this signing on his resume.

Clayton will at least be here this year, you can count on that.  

Navy, I'd love that trade, but I doubt Cleveland does that...

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 29, 2009, 05:47:13 PM

We will not trade Clayton.  We just gave him a 5 year, 24 million dollar contract with 10.5 million guarenteed.  His Agent should put this signing on his resume.

Clayton will at least be here this year, you can count on that.  

Navy, I'd love that trade, but I doubt Cleveland does that...

Forgot about the 10.5. Good point, that agent is a miracle worker.

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#8 : May 29, 2009, 05:51:22 PM

Good list from KFFL....

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2009

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 29, 2009, 05:58:07 PM

The more I look at our WR situation the more nervous I get about it. All this talking up of the WR group Raheem is doing just makes it a lil more clear that we are hurting there and maybe he's trying to drive down someones asking price. If we go the FA route I would like to see Lloyd or Williams because they are the best of what's left as far as young WRs go. If we go the trade route I call philly and ask about Baskett or Brown(Didnt say Boldin or Edwards because I don't see them as realistic options because of contract demands and we're already having problems with players on the roster.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 29, 2009, 06:00:37 PM

1va Bucs Fan....

so you don't get too overhyped about the Pewter reports of how well our 7th round rookies are doing? haha...

Nah I am worried about our WRs too.  Just imagine if Bryant isn't the same in the new offense.....YIKES....

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#11 : May 29, 2009, 06:01:09 PM

I heard John Clayton on NFL live today say that we were also one of the only teams interested in bringing in Marvin Harrison.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 29, 2009, 06:04:26 PM

Marvin Harrison could be a viable option for a year or two.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 29, 2009, 06:06:17 PM

Buc Balla...that would be a good move too.

I wont get my hopes up until I actually see that we signed him tho.  I mean honestly, has there ever been a guy we weren't linked too?

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#14 : May 29, 2009, 06:12:18 PM

Buc Balla...that would be a good move too.

I wont get my hopes up until I actually see that we signed him tho.  I mean honestly, has there ever been a guy we weren't linked too?

I dont think so Bada, which is fine in my book because it always makes you wonder if it will happen or not. Harrison would be a good #2 after Bryant. Better than Clayton or anybody we have had around here as a number two.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR help coming(Maybe)? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools