Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR help coming(Maybe)? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 29, 2009, 06:26:10 PM

Raheem just wants all his young players to suck up into this hype and all this garbage about being a violent team. Some of the older guys just laugh at the idea of being violent in TC and will brush it off. Guys like Marvin Harrison prolly would avoid Tampa in most cases but since hes out of a job, who knows what he may do.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 29, 2009, 06:58:39 PM

Raheem just wants all his young players to suck up into this hype and all this garbage about being a violent team. Some of the older guys just laugh at the idea of being violent in TC and will brush it off. Guys like Marvin Harrison prolly would avoid Tampa in most cases but since hes out of a job, who knows what he may do.

Where do you get the info to be so matter of fact about the "older guys"? YOu are so full of it... sheesh

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 29, 2009, 07:26:08 PM

Bada - I actually think sammy will do ok I just don't think he'll set the world on fire like some except. Like I said there teams we could call with a glut of WRs. I'll list the ones I can think of off top of my head and the players. Philly- Brown and Baskett. ARI - Urban and Doucet. GB - Jones. NYG - Manningham and Moss. BUF - Parrish.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

bucs1

Practice Squad
#18 : May 29, 2009, 07:47:32 PM

I was thinking possibly Joe Horn since this was on here a few months ago:

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=41099.msg867819;topicseen#msg867819

Snook

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 29, 2009, 08:07:04 PM

I heard John Clayton on NFL live today say that we were also one of the only teams interested in bringing in Marvin Harrison.

Half of the "news" John Clayton reports is made up.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 29, 2009, 08:43:41 PM

I can't imagine we'd pick signing Reggie Williams over Matt Jones. Both have their issues, but Jones is coming off of a career year.

mxs721

Starter

#21 : May 29, 2009, 08:52:25 PM

If we could swing for Edwards and trade Clayton for something I would think it's a solid deal but I feel like money would be a problem there. Not in that we dont have it, but that all the WR's would want it

Can't see any team willing to take Clayton's contract. How he ever got this kind of cash out of the Bucs is amazing. Although grabbing Edwards would be awesome.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 29, 2009, 09:15:23 PM

earlier this week, the news hit the airwaves that antonio bryant requested some help at the wr position and now the rumors are flying about who the bucs are interested in signing or trading for...i said it then and i'll say it again......they should've signed torry holt when he was available. now it seems like there is a slight panic (might be media-driven) to get a warm body.

why not sign drew bennett or justin mccareins to make things interesting?

bucs1

Practice Squad
#23 : May 29, 2009, 09:17:13 PM

why not sign drew bennett?

I forgot that Drew Bennett was available. He sounds like a good option to add competition to the position.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#24 : May 29, 2009, 10:07:34 PM

I really wish there was at least half the attention to the Buc's defense as there is to the WR position by Tampa Bay fans.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#25 : May 29, 2009, 10:25:22 PM

I would imagine the top candidates would be Joe Horn and Ike Hilliard.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 30, 2009, 02:10:41 AM

Sniffing around could just mean that the pro scouts are doing their due diligence. That's what they are paid to do. It's a long season. It pays to know all you can about every possible player who could potentially be available thru free agency or trade. I wouldn't read too much into it. There's not a lot of news to report this time of year, so they have to make up stories wherever they can.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#27 : May 30, 2009, 02:51:09 AM

I really wish there was at least half the attention to the Buc's defense as there is to the WR position by Tampa Bay fans.

There is def concern to the defense. You dont see any free agents available for signing right now though.

calicojack

Starter
#28 : May 30, 2009, 10:22:23 AM

Darrell Jackson anyone?  He's right here in Tampa.

The Dream Team

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 30, 2009, 02:32:10 PM

I see no downside to bringing Marvin in at the right price.  In my opinion, Harrison at 25% of his prime abilities is better than Dexter at 100%.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR help coming(Maybe)? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools