Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR help coming(Maybe)? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 30, 2009, 06:54:43 PM

Darrell Jackson anyone? He's right here in Tampa.

i love your sig.  Its a very telling sign that Gruden did alot with very little help from the GM or worse yet...the Owners...

9-7, 9-7, 4-12, 11-5 with the teams payroll ranked 23rd or worse....

They aren't giving Morris much help either, but in retrospect, Gruden didn't do a bad job with the payroll he was given

CAROLINABUC

Starter

#31 : May 30, 2009, 07:53:04 PM

Don't expect us to sign anyone until after the june cuts. Because Harrison asking price will come down plus a few other players. But I really do see us signing Matt Jones or Plax because what we they bring to the table and plus they will just happy to sign with someone. The sleeper is Drew Bennett.

Losing is not a option

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 31, 2009, 02:00:12 PM

the downside in bringing in these 400 year old vets is it goes against everything they have done this offseason. the  bucs got rid of  a bunch of near 40 players and now you want them to bring in more? if this were still grudens team or a madden game, i would say its a possibility. this regime is not just patching holes with aging vets like in the past, they are trying to develope youth. yes these vets can provide leadership, but they take away playing time and further stunt the developement of other players. has everyone already forgot about galloway,hilliard,dunn, brooks, june?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucFanOcala

Starter

#33 : May 31, 2009, 06:33:29 PM

june wasen't that old.

BucFanOcala

Starter

#34 : May 31, 2009, 06:34:48 PM

but he was an alcoholic

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 31, 2009, 10:36:52 PM

but he was an alcoholic

You say that like it was a reason we released him. It had absolutely no barring on why he is a Texan now. Jerramy Stevans, Torrie Cox, and Matt Mccoy are all alcoholics but their on the roster.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#36 : May 31, 2009, 11:53:22 PM

the downside in bringing in these 400 year old vets is it goes against everything they have done this offseason. the bucs got rid of a bunch of near 40 players and now you want them to bring in more? if this were still grudens team or a madden game, i would say its a possibility. this regime is not just patching holes with aging vets like in the past, they are trying to develope youth. yes these vets can provide leadership, but they take away playing time and further stunt the developement of other players. has everyone already forgot about galloway,hilliard,dunn, brooks, june?

So what! If it helps your team win then bring them in. Galloway, hilliard, dunn, brooks, and june dont help us win according to the front office. I happen to agree with them.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 01, 2009, 03:55:28 PM

Was over on ESPN site reading the NFC south chat trans and Pat Y said he didn't have anything concrete but is hearing the Bucs are sniffing around a few FA WRs
and some that are supposedly on
the trade block(Edwards) I think was mentioned by someone.Pat also said he hears the team is not interested in Matt Jones and won't sign Plax.He made note to keep an eye on Harrison but that goes against all we did this off season, I'm thinking more along the lines of Brandon Lloyd or Reggie Williams. What do you guys think?

Either Lloyd or Williams would be an upgrade over Clayton.  Williams is faster/shiftier. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR help coming(Maybe)? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools