Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A-train speaks « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 30, 2009, 06:57:11 AM

This is what happens when statements are offered as certainty.

Alstott says is it not ALL about talent - but he doesn't say an untalented team regardless of chemistry will be good.

Nila overstates giving the implication it is all talent - as can be seen which teams having talent that just don't gel for whatever reason...

Alstott notes talent is required and better teams will gel better with players and coaches

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#16 : May 30, 2009, 07:36:46 AM

If its not all about talent the Bucs should dominate on defense. If it is about getting 53 guys to gel, good luck with Winslow and Bryant.   Remember, Alstot won a Superbowl with the most TALENTED defense in the history of football.

NillaWafer

Practice Squad

#17 : May 30, 2009, 09:10:04 AM

Honestly guys, I never meant for my comment to start any kind of "debate" with this board. I guess the bottom line is how you interpret what Mike said. By the way, Mike is one of my favorite Bucs ever and I respect everything he has ever done and ever said. I just stated my opinion based on what I read. Many people might have taken what he said in a different form of light, and I can understand that as well.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 30, 2009, 10:12:47 AM

Another example would be the 2001 Patriots who were mentioned above and entered the season with only two name (i.e., 'talented') players: Drew Bledsoe and Terry Glenn - and neither one had anything to do with their success that season.
Only 2 names/talented players?
Before that season Law, McGuninest & Milloy were all names in the league with multiple Pro Bowls and All Pro nominations between them. A fair chunk of that team was the guys who were the young core of their previous Super Bowl visit under Parcells. I would also say they had a little something to do with the 01 Pats success.
There was plenty of other solid less known players on that roster that overall NFL (not team specific) fans knew alot about and respected like Bruschi, Buckley, Smith, Phifer. Don't kid yourself that there was no "talent" on that roster. Their biggest problem was Bledsoe not getting the job done at the QB position and the trickle down effect that had.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#19 : May 30, 2009, 11:24:24 AM

Is Mike Alstott on Twitter....Has he been tweeting on Twitter and nobody knows about it?

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 30, 2009, 12:02:56 PM

I love the A-Train and he's one of my favorite Buccaneers, but dang that dude is sooooo incredibly boring and vanilla as a person and his interviews actually make me sleepy.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 30, 2009, 12:42:35 PM

Alstott is correct.  The team with the most "talent" doesn't necessarily win.  How can anyone argue with that?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A-train speaks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools