Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts/Bears Super Bowl, One of the worst Super Bowls ever ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 06, 2007, 11:26:53 AM

less exciting than the AFC championship, way more exciting than the NFC championship

and much, much more exciting than last year's superbowl...

like beniro said, the superbowl shouldn't be expected to be this transcendent game, it's a football game, just like the hundreds that preceded it this season - some dull, some amazing, but mostly somewhere in between...and there's a decent chance every year that the 2 best teams in the league actually played each other in the conference championship...

on the scale of recent superbowls, this one ranks pretty high for me....lots of action early, close for 3.5 quarters, several big plays, and enough turnovers & errors to keep it interesting.

#16 : February 06, 2007, 11:56:58 AM

And let's face it, how exciting can a game be with Grossman starting at QB?

You beat me to it.

It was the 2nd most watched event of all time.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11205332/

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 06, 2007, 12:10:49 PM

The game was sloppy and badly played. There is a real sense CHI lost more than IND won (rightly or wrongly) and that isn't a good feeling about this game.

They should reduce it down to 1 week because that extra week doesn't do anything for the game and just lets the media beat some "angle" into the dirt. It also takes teams out of their normal schedules and I think makes most Q1's in SB's not very good.

Im not buying that at all. The Colts' D made plays all day long and won that game for them, along with the running Addai/Rhodes and Peyton's ability to wear down the D with long drives through the short passing game.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 06, 2007, 12:31:36 PM

Most watched events EVER.

1. Season finale of MASH
2. Cowboys Steelers SB
3. Indy Chicago SB

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 06, 2007, 01:45:06 PM

Im not buying that at all. The Colts' D made plays all day long and won that game for them, along with the running Addai/Rhodes and Peyton's ability to wear down the D with long drives through the short passing game.

I don't agree with it either but it is a sentiment you will hear from a lot of folks.

A lot of folks might have watched the game but were a lot of folks happy with what they saw?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#20 : February 07, 2007, 08:31:00 AM

The game was sloppy and badly played.

I think it's more that the game was wet and muddy.  This is what that type of game looks like.  I do agree that 1 week would be better though, between Conference Championships and the SB, though.

BucsAddict

Starter

#21 : February 07, 2007, 09:07:36 AM

The game was sloppy and badly played. There is a real sense CHI lost more than IND won (rightly or wrongly) and that isn't a good feeling about this game.

They should reduce it down to 1 week because that extra week doesn't do anything for the game and just lets the media beat some "angle" into the dirt. It also takes teams out of their normal schedules and I think makes most Q1's in SB's not very good.

thats insane to think the Bears lost it, more than IND won it. The Bears D had NO answer to stopping Manning after the opening drive. They managed to keep their offense within striking distance of retaking the lead by keeping the Colts limited to field goals.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

BucsAddict

Starter

#22 : February 07, 2007, 09:08:58 AM

and this Superbowl was by far more entertaining than some other snore fests we've had to sit thru. But I wouldnt rank it as a top 10 superbowl.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

#23 : February 07, 2007, 09:13:33 AM

and this Superbowl was by far more entertaining than some other snore fests we've had to sit thru. But I wouldnt rank it as a top 10 superbowl.

I agree.  I would call it a middle-of-the-pack Super Bowl.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts/Bears Super Bowl, One of the worst Super Bowls ever ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools