Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Facebook leads to arrest of Falcon player « previous next »
Page: 1

HughC

Pro Bowler

: May 30, 2009, 02:09:09 PM

http://www.wsbtv.com/sports/19600204/detail.html
Atlanta Falcons Player Charged In Alleged Facebook Fight

An Atlanta Falcons player is facing battery charges in connection with a fight with his wife over a Facebook friend.

Gwinnett County police arrested offensive tackle Quinn Ojinnaka, 25, Tuesday at his home in Suwanee.

Police said he tussled with his wife and spat at her during a fight over a female friend of his on Facebook.

Ojinnaka said his wife tried to stab him with a pen. She said he threw her on some stairs and tossed her out of the house.

Ojinnaka has been charged with simple battery, a misdemeanor. He posted $2,400 bond and was released from the Gwinnett County Jail.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#1 : May 30, 2009, 02:15:17 PM

An OLine is afraid of his wife with a pen....I bet he is a reserve or non-starter.
Simple battery....actually that should be STUPID BATTERY. What a dummy!

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

HughC

Pro Bowler

#2 : May 30, 2009, 02:20:46 PM

Right up front I will say that domestic violence is no joke.  But this is truly an absurd situation.

Police said he tussled with his wife and spat at her during a fight over a female friend of his on Facebook.

Ojinnaka said his wife tried to stab him with a pen. She said he threw her on some stairs and tossed her out of the house.

You must be a real tough guy, Mr. Ojinnaka, to toss around a woman like that, regarless of how the dispute started. Even if she comes at him first with a pen, Ojinnaka is 6-foot-5 and 305 pounds; unless he's married to Julius Peppers, this situation should never escalate to this point.

This brings me back to one of the smartest things an old college roommate said to me when people wanted to take pictures at parties: "No evidence!" Athletes are seldom choir boys and having a lady friend onthe side is no surprise.  However, there is no need to be Twittering about it or making it available to the entire planet to see on Facebook.

One more thing Mr. Ojinnaka: that guy on the other end of that phone ringing is Roger Goodell; he'd like a word with you.

2goodbucs

Starter
#3 : May 30, 2009, 02:25:17 PM

Note to self.....don't sign up for Facebook (since my woman has "tendencies" when jealous)

Bastard should have not been flirting with another woman online anyways.  

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 30, 2009, 02:38:51 PM

Ojinnaka said his wife tried to stab him with a pen. She said he threw her on some stairs and tossed her salad.

Wow!

bucs1

Practice Squad
#5 : May 30, 2009, 02:41:20 PM

Wow! I can't believe this happened to Quinn. Quinn and I used to play Madden together and he seemed like a nice guy.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 30, 2009, 02:45:13 PM

Ojinnaka said his wife tried to stab him with a pen. She said he threw her on some stairs and tossed her salad.

Wow!

LMAO

2goodbucs

Starter
#7 : May 30, 2009, 02:55:57 PM

Wow!

LMAO

Tossing her salad after throwing her on the stairs?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 30, 2009, 03:58:41 PM

Wow!

LMAO

Tossing her salad after throwing her on the stairs?
  Now that's what I call sending a mixed message...

#9 : May 30, 2009, 04:00:07 PM

LMAO!!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 30, 2009, 04:58:33 PM

There is a reason why women are so eager for men to sign up on facebook.

Do not do it!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 30, 2009, 05:05:27 PM

There is a reason why women are so eager for men to sign up on facebook.

Do not do it!

Speaking from experience?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 30, 2009, 05:10:47 PM

Yes!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 30, 2009, 05:13:01 PM

Why did you try to get men to sign up on facebook or is it rude to ask?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 30, 2009, 10:31:48 PM

Why did you try to get men to sign up on facebook or is it rude to ask?

LMAO.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Facebook leads to arrest of Falcon player « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools