Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Terminator Salvation « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 30, 2009, 04:55:56 PM

Hah! I knew it.

Everything is Obama'a fault

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 30, 2009, 05:04:33 PM

Interesting premise - wonder what conclusion that was forcing you to draw. Can random, unpredictable chaos ever be completely overcome by razor sharp precision?

It seems to me the ability of humanity to be unpredictable to be a problem for the machines that are cold, and calculating despite being in a favorable position.  In fact the Resistances' plan backfired because they followed their plan to precision.  Which of course the machines reciprocated accordingly to counteract because it was probably figured out given it was so perfect, but in the end the unknown variable is what changed the course of the story (Eg Sam Worthington's character).

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 30, 2009, 10:25:33 PM

this story is basically the same as the matrix.  It's about "FREE WILL".  It's the one varible the machines can't predict.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 30, 2009, 11:01:35 PM

this story is basically the same as the matrix.  It's about "FREE WILL".  It's the one varible the machines can't predict.

I knew you were going to say that.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 31, 2009, 02:30:06 AM

i saw this yesterday. the characters were extremely underwritten. and the plot seemed rushed. part of what made T1 and T2 good was they took the time to explore the relationship between the victim being hunted and their bodyguard from the future. there were some tender funny moments in those parts of the movie.

this film however, was void of any heart, humor, or any sense of fear or urgency. it was basically an excuse to blow up a bunch of stuff. the director Mc G is a complete hack IMO. he spent more time fighting the movie studio trying to get Moon Bloodgood's breasts in the film (which he failed) than he did getting the problems with the script and the bad editing worked out.

I agree 100%

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 31, 2009, 07:30:54 AM

All the terminator movies are like that.   Terminator came out before Matrix.   But old episodes of Star Trek from the 60's have the same plot.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 31, 2009, 10:52:24 AM

I-Robot another movies with a similar plot.  A human/machine hybrid saves the world against the computers.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#37 : May 31, 2009, 11:15:02 AM

this story is basically the same as the matrix. It's about "FREE WILL". It's the one varible the machines can't predict.

All the terminator movies are like that. Terminator came out before Matrix. But old episodes of Star Trek from the 60's have the same plot.
Never said Terminator ripped off the Matrix.  Personally I believe these movies tell a allegorical story rooted in mythology/ancient mysteries.  Funny you would mention Star Trek.  Gene Roddenberry, the creator of Star Trek was a 33rd Degree Scottish-Rite Freemason.  But then again, so is James Cameron.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 31, 2009, 12:33:37 PM

this story is basically the same as the matrix. It's about "FREE WILL". It's the one varible the machines can't predict.

All the terminator movies are like that. Terminator came out before Matrix. But old episodes of Star Trek from the 60's have the same plot.
Never said Terminator ripped off the Matrix. Personally I believe these movies tell a allegorical story rooted in mythology/ancient mysteries. Funny you would mention Star Trek. Gene Roddenberry, the creator of Star Trek was a 33rd Degree Scottish-Rite Freemason. But then again, so is James Cameron.

I always thought all of those Robot movies could be put into a storyline together. Showing the "growth" of the entire Robot Rebellion so-to-speak.

The beginning of skynet. = The movie "Jonny 5."
Then, Government gets their hands on it. = "Robo-cop"
After that, the lunitics get control of it. = "Terminator 1-2"
I guess you could slide "I-Robot" in there somewhere if you wanted, but the timeframe wouldn't be right.
Then of course, "T3."
After that, the "Matrix trilogy."

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Terminator Salvation « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools