Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Moss update... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: February 06, 2007, 11:33:32 AM

Per Sports Illustrated.com...

It looks like the Raiders are going to trade receiver Randy Moss. The latest reports have Moss getting into a verbal fight with Lane Kiffin when the new coach reached out to the star receiver. Brett Favre reportedly has made it known he wouldn't mind ending his career in Green Bay playing with Moss.

If this takes place you could see Calvin Johnson replacing Moss which would mean there would be a very good chance that Joe Thomas and Calvin Johson go #1 and #2. Not a nightmare scenario, but not a good one either in my estimation. At that point I think we have to pull a move off if possible to move back a tad and get Okoye and another 2nd rounder. This is a deep class and it would benefit the BUCS to bring in 5 1st day picks.

Baghead #2

Shag

Pro Bowler

#1 : February 06, 2007, 11:39:42 AM

At that point I think we have to pull a move off if possible to move back a tad and get Okoye and another 2nd rounder. This is a deep class and it would benefit the BUCS to bring in 5 1st day picks.

Adams and Jamaal would be better choices than Okoye, depending how far back we trade.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 06, 2007, 11:41:04 AM

If this takes place you could see Calvin Johnson replacing Moss which would mean there would be a very good chance that Joe Thomas and Calvin Johson go #1 and #2. Not a nightmare scenario, but not a good one either in my estimation. At that point I think we have to pull a move off if possible to move back a tad and get Okoye and another 2nd rounder. This is a deep class and it would benefit the BUCS to bring in 5 1st day picks.

I have noticed all of sudden a lot of mock drafts are starting to reflect this shift with Thomas and CJ going 1 and 2 now compared to the mock drafts in the past few weeks where all of them were projecting CJ to the Bucs and some had Thomas to the Bucs.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 06, 2007, 11:42:51 AM

Adams and Jamaal would be better choices than Okoye, depending how far back we trade.

As of now that is probably a good argument however FA will be the determining factor in that assesment. If we are to add a DE, bring back White then drafting a DE at #3 or #4 would be less important.

Also, I really think Okoye lights up the combine and a good upfield penetrating DE can make an avg DE good and a good DE great...IMHO

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 06, 2007, 11:44:40 AM

I have noticed all of sudden a lot of mock drafts are starting to reflect this shift with Thomas and CJ going 1 and 2 now compared to the mock drafts in the past few weeks where all of them were projecting CJ to the Bucs and some had Thomas to the Bucs.

If moss is moved you can practically kiss Calvin Johnson good bye. The Lions have put out the chatter that they will not take a QB so I guess they go Joe Thomas even with Backus and all his cabbage. I just hope we win that damn coin flip!

Baghead #2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 06, 2007, 11:45:53 AM

The Raiders trading Moss doesn't translate to picking CJ, IMO.  The Raiders need a QB, plain and simple. Why in the world would they pick CJ when there's nobody to throw him the ball?  

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 06, 2007, 11:46:49 AM

It's the Al Davis way? ???

#7 : February 06, 2007, 11:51:25 AM

The Raiders trading Moss doesn't translate to picking CJ, IMO.  The Raiders need a QB, plain and simple. Why in the world would they pick CJ when there's nobody to throw him the ball?  

i agree with you completely!!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 06, 2007, 11:55:03 AM

The Raiders trading Moss doesn't translate to picking CJ, IMO.  The Raiders need a QB, plain and simple. Why in the world would they pick CJ when there's nobody to throw him the ball? 

I'm 100% with you buddy but for some reason knowing the raider and big al, they won't take a QB.

Baghead #2

#9 : February 06, 2007, 11:55:39 AM

no way they stand pat with Walters and Brooks.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 06, 2007, 12:03:57 PM

Al Davis loves his silver foiled jump suits. ???

Shag

Pro Bowler

#11 : February 06, 2007, 12:07:46 PM

Russell could have good workouts and be the player they draft. There is probably a bigger chance they draft a QB and then a WR if they need one in the 2nd round.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 06, 2007, 12:08:54 PM

Thinking that oakland will draft a WR when they don't have a QB. Is like going to Burger king and they tell you they are all out of Burger patties.

WR are out of buisness if their are no passes to be thrown.
Oakland take QB with first pick.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 06, 2007, 12:16:51 PM

Thinking that oakland will draft a WR when they don't have a QB. Is like going to Burger king and they tell you they are all out of Burger patties.

WR are out of buisness if their are no passes to be thrown.
Oakland take QB with first pick.

HAHA, good point! I totally agree but year in and year out the Raiders on draft day are wildcards! Trying to read that Al Davis will play it by the book AFTER trading Randy Moss is just as crazy.

Baghead #2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 06, 2007, 12:47:50 PM

If we pick 3rd and we have our choice of Russell or Quinn, whether it's the biggest need or not, we need to take the better of the two.  With a few good FA additions, we won't be in a position to get a QB this good for a long time. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Moss update... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools