Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Moss update... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 06, 2007, 12:54:28 PM

The Raiders trading Moss doesn't translate to picking CJ, IMO.  The Raiders need a QB, plain and simple. Why in the world would they pick CJ when there's nobody to throw him the ball? 

That's what I'm thinking!

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

#16 : February 06, 2007, 12:59:26 PM

It would make far more sense for the Raiders to draft Joe Thomas than Calvin Johnson. I dont know why everyone is jumping the gun on this. The R aiders have a ot of problems and from what Ive heard from Raiders fans, they arent totally down on Andrew Walter and they feel he played well any chance he got (anytime he wasnt getting folded up in the backfield)

I would even sy it would make more sense for the Raiders to takke a QB still over WR

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 06, 2007, 01:01:46 PM

It would make far more sense for the Raiders to draft Joe Thomas than Calvin Johnson. I dont know why everyone is jumping the gun on this. The R aiders have a ot of problems and from what Ive heard from Raiders fans, they arent totally down on Andrew Walter and they feel he played well any chance he got (anytime he wasnt getting folded up in the backfield)

I would even sy it would make more sense for the Raiders to takke a QB still over WR

Taking with the number 1 pick in the draft a LT was done by oakland 3 years ago. They picked that kid from Idaho will oakland do that again IIIIIIIIIIIII think not

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 06, 2007, 01:06:31 PM

Taking with the number 1 pick in the draft a LT was done by oakland 3 years ago. They picked that kid from Idaho will oakland do that again IIIIIIIIIIIII think not

It was the #2 pick and he was from Iowa, and he's clearly a bust.  I don't think they'll do it either, but it would be the smartest move.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 06, 2007, 01:12:43 PM

The whole thing with this is its the Raiders guys. God knows what they SHOULD do but everyone knows what they typically do. They should without a doubt draft a QB but being the rejects that the franchise is who knows what they do...

Baghead #2

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 06, 2007, 01:39:56 PM

Oakland NEEDS to get a QB, and here are their options
-Draft one with their 1st round pick (Jamarcus, Brady Q.)
-Draft Troy Smith with their 2nd round pick
-Trade for someone (Matt Shuab, Byron Leftwich)
-Go after a FA (Garcia, Carr, Plummer)

3 of these scenarios besides the first would put Oak in a position to draft CJ.  The bright side is that the Buc's would possibly find more teams willing to trade up if a top QB falls to 3 or 4.

#21 : February 06, 2007, 01:55:36 PM

With a few good FA additions, we won't be in a position to get a QB this good for a long time. 

Hopefully, but thats debatable.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 06, 2007, 03:53:26 PM

you think we have a QB nightmare in tampa, how about andrew walter and aaron brooks in a neck-and-neck QB controversy?

the raiders really can't afford to not pick up a franchise QB.

i'm guessing if moss is moved, they'll have a lesser WR (like the packers' ferguson) coming back in the trade. i think they'd do well to look at what we did with keyshawn when consider how to trade off porter & moss without setting the franchise too far back.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 06, 2007, 03:58:41 PM

With a few good FA additions, we won't be in a position to get a QB this good for a long time.

Hopefully, but thats debatable.

Haha!  Yeah I know what you mean.  But say we pull of Grant and Smith at DE.  Right there I think we're 4 wins better just from that. 

TEAMCALI

Starter

#24 : February 06, 2007, 04:33:07 PM

It's the Al Davis way? ???
Al Davis loves his silver foiled jump suits. ???
  Both correct answers.   ;D

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 06, 2007, 04:34:59 PM

Weren't we saying the same thing two years ago (hence the Alex Smith/Aaron Rodgers speculation)?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 06, 2007, 04:37:45 PM

Weren't we saying the same thing two years ago (hence the Alex Smith/Aaron Rodgers speculation)?

Not that I know, of since we had no money back then and thereby didn't get anyone good.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#27 : February 06, 2007, 04:41:11 PM

Yes but the one we wanted didn't fall to us. This time, both may be there.

catch2355

Practice Squad

#28 : February 06, 2007, 06:07:31 PM

The Raiders trading Moss doesn't translate to picking CJ, IMO.  The Raiders need a QB, plain and simple.

i think they should draft joe thomas..... i think i want him, but i think thats the best pick for them.......arent they the ones that let seatlle sack the qb 9 times in one game

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 06, 2007, 06:11:11 PM

Per Sports Illustrated.com...

It looks like the Raiders are going to trade receiver Randy Moss. The latest reports have Moss getting into a verbal fight with Lane Kiffin when the new coach reached out to the star receiver. Brett Favre reportedly has made it known he wouldn't mind ending his career in Green Bay playing with Moss.

If this takes place you could see Calvin Johnson replacing Moss which would mean there would be a very good chance that Joe Thomas and Calvin Johson go #1 and #2. Not a nightmare scenario, but not a good one either in my estimation. At that point I think we have to pull a move off if possible to move back a tad and get Okoye and another 2nd rounder. This is a deep class and it would benefit the BUCS to bring in 5 1st day picks.
  Not so sure about the nightmare - Russell is looking the stud, and FA combined with other draft choices could well fill the holes.  The bucs don't have a stud qb and this could be the remedy rather than looking at a thin FA group at that position.  Unless of course Philly goes crazy and lets McNabb go free - very unlikely at best.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Moss update... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools