Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hello From So. Cal! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bucfan77

Rookie

: February 06, 2007, 11:36:15 AM

Hello, my name is Nate and I'm new to this board. As you can see by my screen name, I've been a Bucs fan since 77 when I was 7 years old. Reason being, my grandparents live in Largo right next door to Tampa and they became fans for the new team. I was 7, looked up to my late grandfather and did what he did because he was so cool, loved the color orange and thought pirates are cool(I still do). So there you go. Here we are 30 years later and I'm still the die hard fan! Go Bucs!

This year I'm planning on going to the Bucs training camp and I need help in planning my trip. I know it's early, but as a first timer I want to get as much info as I can to make this a great trip. I few friends are coming with me and we'll be out there for about 4 days. Any help, info or advice anybody can give me will be greatly appreciated. Also, it would be great to finally meet some of you after reading the boards for some time now. I don't know a lot of Bucs fans in So. Cal so it will be nice to be in a group of pewter and red this summer! haha

In advance, thank you very much to anybody that can give me any info and advice for the Bucs training camp this year.

Nate

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#1 : February 06, 2007, 11:37:42 AM

Did you go to San Diego for the Super Bowl?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 06, 2007, 11:38:27 AM

Welcome aboard!

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 06, 2007, 11:39:05 AM

im a bucs fan in so. cal

Bucfan77

Rookie

#4 : February 06, 2007, 11:44:52 AM

Didn't make it to San Diego for the Super Bowl. I was very bummed out about that. I didn't have a security contingent to get me through the Raider crowd.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 06, 2007, 11:45:23 AM

Welcome! :D

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 06, 2007, 11:49:19 AM

did you just move here to so. cal?  you dont seem to have the attitude of a person thats grown up here, theres more bucs fans here then you think.  A bucs fan since 77' I would assume would do anything to make the trip, ask the fans from Florida who spent over 5 thousand dollars to fly down and make it.  I guess what im saying is man up!

bucboy 64

Second String

#7 : February 06, 2007, 11:50:23 AM

Welcome

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 06, 2007, 11:58:02 AM

Hello from the OC, fellow So Cal!

Good board, good points made, good arguments from both sides on any issue.

BTW, the Bucs go to San Fran next season, already taking names. Two years ago when we played the Niners,  there was a nice sized Buc contingent from all over CA. Sactobuc from this board was even there. I'll put your name on the list..   8)

Bucfan77

Rookie

#9 : February 06, 2007, 11:58:50 AM

I grew up out here.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Buc fan, I just wasn't able to make it down for the big game.

Bucfan77

Rookie

#10 : February 06, 2007, 11:59:56 AM

I'd love to make that trip to San Fran. I've seen the Bucs at Soldier field twice and once in Minnesota. I'd love to see a game in the warmer California climate.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#11 : February 06, 2007, 12:08:10 PM

Im there against san fran.

vipmark

Starter
#12 : February 06, 2007, 12:10:40 PM

Welcome bucfan77. I would wait till the second week of camp(or later if you want to see a pre-season game) when the guys really start hitting. Full pad practices occur only in the morning, afternoon's are in shorts and shirts and may be cancelled by intense thunderstorms...but it is always very hot. If you plan to see a pre-season game, there will be only a 45min walk-thru practice the day before and no practice the day after. The Bucs stay at the Celebration Hotel (10min away) in the small but very cool (disney created) town of Celebration and can often be seen walking around in the evenings. Crowds should be light this year. I've been to everyday of TC for the last 10 years... I will be glad to answer any questions.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 06, 2007, 12:16:21 PM

I'd love to make that trip to San Fran. I've seen the Bucs at Soldier field twice and once in Minnesota. I'd love to see a game in the warmer California climate.

Great! There's actually a bar in downtown SF called "the Buccaneer". The inside is supposed to look like the inside of a ship, pretty much just lots of wood on the walls. But last year the Bucs were in SF on Halloween, and some of the costumes the women were wearing when they walked in the bar were just wow!..

As far as the climate, SF can still get pretty cold, being surrounded by water on 3 sides and all.

As the game draws near, I'll start a thread.

Bucfan77

Rookie

#14 : February 06, 2007, 12:17:00 PM

V.I.P.,

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.  
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hello From So. Cal! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools