Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florio Owns Stroud!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 02, 2009, 10:24:43 PM

Love to see hubris brought low - especially by those that traffic in hubris by the barrel.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 03, 2009, 10:30:19 AM

What did Stroud do to Florio?  Kick his dog?  Bed his wife?  Florio's acting like he has exclusive rights to presenting speculation about the NFL on the web.

I'm not a big fan of Stroud, but this is clearly a case of the pot calling the kettle black.  98% of PFT is "The Rumor Mill"; i.e., rumors - not facts.  Is Florio that upset that he repeated a rumor and it turned out not to be true?  Did Marvin Harrison haul him off to his car wash and let him know it wasn't true?

PFT doesn't attempt to hide the fact that it's a rumor site and I don't think that the fact that the rumor is or may be false has any bearing on Florio's comments.

One thing that PFT excels at is gathering information, and publishing it to the web quickly - generally, much faster than any other source.  My guess - and this is pure speculation on my part Mr. Florio - is that Stroud was approached by PFT to send along inside information about the Bucs; in return, PFT would send info about the Bucs that he had gathered from his other sources.  Stroud either said no, or didn't hold up his end of the agreement - or, as in the case with Harrison, didn't make it clear to Florio that this was coming from an agent, and not somebody in the Bucs front office.  Florio felt like he had been back stabbed, so he threw Stroud under the bus.

Florio is upset because Stroud criticized PFT, amongst other sites, for using his own information which is a bit bizarre to me....from Stroud's point of view. Let's see.....as a writer, I'll pull something completely without basis....write "may be" so I can't be accused of completely making it up....and then get annoyed when others attribute a false rumor to me. That's the type of journalism we have here in the TB area.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#17 : June 03, 2009, 11:12:23 AM

This is a silly story.  Stroud used the word "might".  Why would PFT be upset if it didn't come to pass? 

That said, Stroud didn't exactly have the best response to folks questioning him.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 03, 2009, 12:49:46 PM

This is a silly story.  Stroud used the word "might".  Why would PFT be upset if it didn't come to pass? 

That said, Stroud didn't exactly have the best response to folks questioning him.

You and HughC are missing the point. The article has nothing to do with whether the Bucs are a potential destination for Harrison. Its about Stroud's reaction when people took his twitter info on face value.

The morale to the story is, he's more full of shat on twitter than he is on TampaBay.com.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 03, 2009, 06:10:59 PM

I thik a further moral is - don't believe anything he writes without an attribution in the story to a LIVE source.

Or, do what I do...refuse to read anything he writes because, as is often the case, he invents his stories.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 03, 2009, 09:04:49 PM

I thik a further moral is - don't believe anything he writes without an attribution in the story to a LIVE source.

Or, do what I do...refuse to read anything he writes because, as is often the case, he invents his stories.

The one problem is that other journalists then pick up the nonsense and run with it as if it is fact. So those prone to listening to talk radio or watching ESPN or NFLN or even reading the fishwraps down here are subject to opinion based on a made up story.

Otherwise I agree that one must read carefully what the writer has written....and that goes with a lot of writers.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 03, 2009, 10:03:43 PM

You and HughC are missing the point. The article has nothing to do with whether the Bucs are a potential destination for Harrison. Its about Stroud's reaction when people took his twitter info on face value.

The morale to the story is, he's more full of shat on twitter than he is on TampaBay.com.

And that moral ^^^^ stretches the imagination

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florio Owns Stroud!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools