Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another gator arrested « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 18

LFO

Hall of Famer

: August 02, 2009, 04:28:09 PM

WHAT?  YOU MEAN FSU PLAYERS HAVE CHARGES DROPPED TOO?  NO WAY, I THOUGHT ONLY UF PLAYERS DID!

http://news-press.com/article/20090731/SPORTS/90731023/1010/sports

Charges dropped against Florida State football player Goodman in brawl case

Tallahassee Democrat • July 31, 2009

Felony battery charges filed against Florida State University football player Richard Goodman were dropped Thursday, according to Assistant State Attorney Jon Fuchs.

Goodman, 22, was arrested on a charge of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon on May 26 in connection with a November 2008 brawl in the FSU Oglesby Union between football players and members of Phi Beta Sigma. During the fight, a student was struck in the face with a chair, causing serious injuries.

At the time of his arrest, Florida State police said Goodman was responsible for throwing a chair that injured the Zeta Phi Beta Sorority member during the fight.

"(Richard has) always felt that the system was going to fail him, but his faith in the justice system has been restored," his attorney Samuel Lopez said. "I'm extremely pleased that justice has been served in this particular case."

Florida State football coach Bobby Bowden said Goodman, a senior wide receiver, "will be reinstated to the team immediately," after learning that the State's Attorney's Office was dropping the charges.

"The decision is a result of an ongoing investigation that resulted in the (charges being dropped)," Fuchs said. "There wasn't one thing but a totality of the circumstances. Given all of the circumstances, we would not be able to prove without a reasonable doubt that there was a likelihood for a conviction."

Fuchs noted that Goodman was arrested based upon statements made by a Florida State student who was a witness to the fight. But another woman identified a member of the fraternity as being the one responsible for the woman's injuries.

Officials from the FSU Police Department were out of the office Thursday and not available for comment.

Look's like old Blobby still has it, and no punishment to boot!  Probably has something to do with the entire WR core being kicked off or arrested. 

Reality is, just another example of how things happen at ALL schools and it's not only UF players in trouble and then getting special treatment.....

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#1 : June 01, 2009, 03:38:50 PM

My first thought was what is this kid doing at a bar in the 1st place.
Again nice program you got there

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 01, 2009, 03:29:56 PM

Police used a Taser on Jenkins, who punched someone in the head after being told not to.

I know this is off the Gator bashing topic, but how does that work? I mean did the cops actually say "Don't punch that guy in the head"?

Was there a discussion?

Jenkins: "I'm gonna punch that guy over there in the head"
Cop: "Sir, Do Not punch that guy in the head"
Jenkins: "naw, his head looks like it needs punchin'"
Cop: Sir, if you punch him in the head we will Taze you"
Jenkins: "but I don't want to punch him anywhere else"
Cop: "we understand, but we can't let you punch him in the head, below the shoulders and above the waist or else we taze you"
Jenkins: "gotta do what I gotta do" punches guy in head, gets tazed.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#3 : June 01, 2009, 02:49:16 PM

Gators CB Jenkins arrested near barComment Email Print Share By Joe Schad
ESPN.com
Archive
Florida Gators starting cornerback Janoris Jenkins was arrested over the weekend and charged with fighting and resisting arrest without violence, police in Gainesville, Fla., confirmed.

Police used a Taser on Jenkins, who punched someone in the head after being told not to.

The incident occurred at closing time near a bar in downtown Gainesville.

Jenkins was named to the Freshman All-SEC team last year and become the second true freshman in school history to start at cornerback on opening day.

Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 01, 2009, 03:12:20 PM

There was a recent escapee from Raiford of an inmate sentenced for 25 years for extortion. The 1981 graduate of UF had been locked up for over 15 years in maximum security.

On the run and needing money, he breaks into the home of a flag-flying member of the gator nation down in Alachua County. Inside, he finds a young married couple in bed. He orders the guy out of bed and ties him to a chair. While tying the wife to the bed, the convict kisses her neck, then disappears.

While he's away, the panicked lizard lover whispers to his wife, "Listen, this guy is an escaped convict; you see his prison uniform! He's probably spent lots of time in jail and hasn't seen a woman in years. I saw how he kissed your neck. If he wants sex, don't resist, don't complain. Do whatever he tells you. Satisfy him no matter how much he nauseates you. This guy is obviously very dangerous. If he gets angry, he'll kill us both! Be strong, honey. I love you."

His wife responds, "He wasn't kissing my neck, He was whispering in my ear. He told me he's gay and thinks your cute and asked if we have any Vaseline. I told him it was in the bathroom. Be strong, honey. I love you, too."

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#5 : June 01, 2009, 04:10:21 PM

Florida's trophy case is filling up under Urban Meyer, but so is the arrest blotter.

Sophomore cornerback Janoris Jenkins became the 24th Gators' player arrested in the last four years when he was involved in a fight over the weekend in Gainesville and charged with misdemeanors of affray and resisting arrest without violence, according to a police report.

An attorney representing Jenkins told The Orlando Sentinel that Jenkins was trying to break up a fight and was only defending himself when somebody tried to grab his chain and choked him.

The police report stated that a Taser was used on Jenkins during the 2 a.m. incident Saturday when he failed to follow police instructions and cease fighting.

Jenkins is the third Florida player arrested in 2009, and defensive tackle Torrey Davis was also arrested in March soon after leaving the team.

One of the premier freshman players in college football last season, Jenkins became only the second true freshman in Florida history to start in the opening game. He and junior Joe Haden enter the 2009 season as one of the top cornerback tandems in the country.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 01, 2009, 04:25:20 PM

Jenkins became the 24th Gators' player arrested in the last four years

24/4=6. 6 per year, and the rooster is 104, so 6 out 104 have been arrested (not convicted, just arrested) per year. Is it that unusual for a large group of under 22 year olds to have 6% get arrested?

and defensive tackle Torrey Davis was also arrested in March soon after leaving the team.

and what does that have to do with anything? If he "left the team" then he wasn't on the team. Moot point.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#7 : June 01, 2009, 05:23:11 PM

IDK i just copied and pasted it waiting to see what sanctions the NCAA lays down on FSU. We'll see the ultimate wrist slapper tommorow.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 01, 2009, 06:05:28 PM

DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 01, 2009, 06:22:53 PM

Yea b/c we all know UF is the only college with underage students filling up the local bars... Great point there.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 01, 2009, 06:39:11 PM

Priest Tebow must be really disappointed and I am sure he is at some missionary cutting little boys' penis' saying, when I get back to Gainesville I will give a sermon to my team like I did at all those prisons last year.  He must also be saying this college football season is all about him and how everyone needs to bow down and watch Urban walk on water.  Amazing how Florida has passed even Miami as the school with the most arrests and most problems!!

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#11 : June 01, 2009, 07:01:48 PM

Yea b/c we all know UF is the only college with underage students filling up the local bars... Great point there.

This kid would have happy hour for the next month just for being out after curfew if he was at Miami. But then again we don't recruit gangster thug types anymore at Miami.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 01, 2009, 07:17:23 PM

This kid would have happy hour for the next month just for being out after curfew if he was at Miami. But then again we don't recruit gangster thug types anymore at Miami.

LOL

LFO

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 01, 2009, 07:20:04 PM

To me the bigger issue will be what happens? 

If we look at precedent set by FSU with Geno Hayes who was tazed and arrested after a bar fight, nothing.  He will play every game. 

Something tells me Janoris will be sitting at least 1 game, maybe 2, depending on the outcome of the charges and when all the facts come out. 

He has never been in trouble before, so at worst he'll get the standard (for everyone) first time offender diversion program, which upon successful completion charges will be dropped.  Probably the truly stupid thing he did here was try and run away. 

I guess it goes to show...you can take the boy out of the muck, but can't take the muck out of the boy.  RUN BOY RUN!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 01, 2009, 08:19:16 PM

And if he gets suspended for two games does it matter especially looking at who you open with.

It should matter to him because those are the games a player can rack up some stats. The point is to punish the idiot player, not the whole program.

Personally, I would like to see Meyer crack down hard and sit him for 4 games or more. Time to send a message.

You think id sit him for the year thats sending a message one getting arrested two out at a bar at 2 am no excuse for either.

Agree with #1, but out after 2 am? During season yes, but classes are out and there is no practice for another month.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another gator arrested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools