Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another gator arrested « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 18

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#15 : June 01, 2009, 07:36:14 PM

And if he gets suspended for two games does it matter especially looking at who you open with.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 01, 2009, 07:44:03 PM

And if he gets suspended for two games does it matter especially looking at who you open with.

So what's the proper punishment, Mr. Bad Boy.  What would the mighty Canes do with such a player?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 01, 2009, 07:45:36 PM

It should matter to him because those are the games a player can rack up some stats. The point is to punish the idiot player, not the whole program.

Personally, I would like to see Meyer crack down hard and sit him for 4 games or more. Time to send a message.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 01, 2009, 07:46:44 PM

So what's the proper punishment, Mr. Bad Boy.  What would the mighty Canes do with such a player?

Have some rap star pay him a bounty.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#19 : June 01, 2009, 08:13:40 PM

It should matter to him because those are the games a player can rack up some stats. The point is to punish the idiot player, not the whole program.

Personally, I would like to see Meyer crack down hard and sit him for 4 games or more. Time to send a message.

You think id sit him for the year thats sending a message one getting arrested two out at a bar at 2 am no excuse for either.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#20 : June 01, 2009, 08:22:55 PM

You think id sit him for the year thats sending a message one getting arrested two out at a bar at 2 am no excuse for either.

Agree with #1, but out after 2 am? During season yes, but classes are out and there is no practice for another month.

20 year old kid at a bar? Is there anything else for kids to do in Gainesville?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 01, 2009, 09:13:05 PM

Agree with #1, but out after 2 am? During season yes, but classes are out and there is no practice for another month.

20 year old kid at a bar? Is there anything else for kids to do in Gainesville?

Was he AT a bar?  The article I read said "near" a bar. 

Besides, even if he were, it's not illegal for an 18 year old to go to a club/bar.  In fact, it's rather common.  Do you REALLY think Miami players don't go to bars?  If so, I have some swamp land I'd like to sell.  Then you can "tinkle" on it all you want.

It's the offseason...no classes no practice.  I am not shocked that a player was probably near or at a bar trolling for some women.  You should be down with that, being a Thug U gangsta and all.....

I am sure if this were a scUM player, you'd be saying that's how he rolls......

LFO

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 01, 2009, 09:15:23 PM

LOL

Has Miami ever sat a guy out for a year?  I think in Miami, guys used to get PAID for crap like this. 

Let's say, his story checks out and someone really was trying to rob him and he punched him out.  Then what?  Sorry, I'm not a THUG or a criminal, but if someone tries to take my possessions there is going to be an altercation. 

I will say, again, the only thing I think he did stupidly was run. 

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#23 : June 01, 2009, 09:27:23 PM

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP)—An attorney for a University of Florida cornerback charged with punching another man in the head during a fight said his client acted in self-defense.

Gainesville Police spokesman Lt. Keith Kameg said police saw UF cornerback Janoris Jenkins punch another man in the head shortly after 2 a.m. Saturday. When Jenkins continued fighting, they shot him with a Taser, and he tried to run away.

He was arrested on charges of resisting arrest without violence and posted bail later Saturday.

Kameg said Jenkins told police the fight started because he thought someone was going to steal the gold chain around his neck.

Jenkins’ attorney Huntley Johnson says he believes his client acted in self-defense and prosecution will be deferred or charges dismissed.

A spokesman for the University of Florida’s athletic association said no action has been taken.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#24 : June 01, 2009, 09:35:38 PM

LOL

Has Miami ever sat a guy out for a year? I think in Miami, guys used to get PAID for crap like this.

Let's say, his story checks out and someone really was trying to rob him and he punched him out. Then what? Sorry, I'm not a THUG or a criminal, but if someone tries to take my possessions there is going to be an altercation.

I will say, again, the only thing I think he did stupidly was run.

Yes Miami has suspended a player for the year before for being an idiot.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 01, 2009, 09:39:45 PM

Who was the player?
What were the circumstances?

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#26 : June 01, 2009, 09:46:54 PM

Who was the player?

Jammi German for starting a fight if i remember right it was someone from the track team who spreaded a rumor or something went to his dorm and started a fight

LFO

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 01, 2009, 09:48:45 PM

Who was the player?

Jammi German for starting a fight if i remember right it was someone from the track team who spreaded a rumor or something went to his dorm and started a fight

Was that his first offense?

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#28 : June 01, 2009, 09:53:10 PM

Who was the player?

Was that his first offense?

Not sure but it was right when Butch too over the team. Made a big statement at the time.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 01, 2009, 10:04:05 PM

Who was the player?

Actively going after someone for a fight over a rumor is quite a bit different from what reportedly happened with Jenkins - and I doubt that was the first problem with German, who I believe was the guy who had the "limousine caper."

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another gator arrested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools