Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs win the toss and CJ and JT go first two overall... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 06, 2007, 02:21:15 PM

If the Buc's pass on one of these top QB's, and Simms struggles early.  Gruden better be prepared to be the most hated man in Tampa.
Isn't he already the most hated man in Tampa?

From the TBBB?

Who hates him?  Maybe question some of his moves, but he is still a top 10 coach in the NFL, IMO.  If anyone, hate on Rich McKay.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 06, 2007, 02:26:06 PM

I don't see Gruden falling in love with Russell just because he can throw the ball really far. I think the only QB he would look at in round 1 is Quinn, and I'd be ok with that.

I think the deal with Russel, IMO, is that teams and fans saw how quickly Vince Young helped the Titans last year.  So i think that is factoring in all the hoopla over wanting to get another Vince Young and Russel may not live up to that hype... 

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 06, 2007, 03:43:19 PM

If this happens. I wouldn't mind Russell being a Buc. Assuming the Bucs can shore up the D in FA and from other draft picks, a QB like Russell could do a Vince Young for the Bucs.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 06, 2007, 03:44:45 PM

I think the deal with Russel, IMO, is that teams and fans saw how quickly Vince Young helped the Titans last year.  So i think that is factoring in all the hoopla over wanting to get another Vince Young and Russel may not live up to that hype... 

Or he may surpass it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 06, 2007, 07:43:24 PM

Russell isn't a WCO QB IMO.  He needs to be upright, and have a few seconds to look around to be effective.  In Tampa, and I am guessing that we will still be running two TE, max protect scheme, he would not have as many targets to throw to, just not my idea of a guy the Bucs need, considering the glaring needs on the defense.  If Joe T and CJ are gone, you can welcome a certain Gaines Adams as our new Buccaneer.  It is a position that we desperately need.

The warroom is thinking "Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush..."

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 06, 2007, 08:07:04 PM

Or he may surpass it.

Very true, but its interesting how Vince young last year had a lot of bad publicity and Russel is getting a lot of good publicity.  Just speculating is all.   

catch2355

Practice Squad

#21 : February 06, 2007, 08:11:43 PM

Work the phone lines Bruce! 8)

who is bruce?......lol

BucLord

Starter

#22 : February 06, 2007, 11:24:31 PM

We'd be damn fools to pass on Russell, that guys gonna be the the next Elway. Yes, he will surpass Vick, Young. He's got Carson Palmer abilities and can throw farther. I read on KFFL that Tom Bradys off season personal QB trainer recently worked out with Russell and said he is the best QB he's worked with, including Tom Brady

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

#23 : February 06, 2007, 11:29:47 PM

take Gaines adams DE clemson then get a qb in free agency and adams runs a 4.7 6"4 270 lbs take him and trade simeon rice for another 2nd round pick

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 07, 2007, 12:51:05 AM

trade rice for a 2nd rd pick hopefully with detroit,trade down from our 3rd pick to maybe the 7th pick picking up another 2nd and a 4th too, so we would then have 4 2s  a3rd and 2 4s.we then take okyoe with our 1st pick trade our late 2nd pick and our 7th pick in the 2nd rd and draft carriker or levi brown,then then trade our 2nd pick in the 2nd rd plus our 3rd pick in the 3rd rd for carriker or brown, with our 3rd pick in the 2nd rd pick that c,g ,t, from bc , our 1st pick in the 3rd rd we can take rouse  then trade our 2 4th rders to get an earlier 3rd and take wr /KR,....hows those picks for day one.this is the time for all our fantasy dreams .....if that panned out our dee would be right back for years to come,and adding a solid lt and center would do wonders for our ol too,adding a guy like rouse would be killer too.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 07, 2007, 01:12:35 AM

trade rice for a 2nd rd pick hopefully with detroit,trade down from our 3rd pick to maybe the 7th pick picking up another 2nd and a 4th too, so we would then have 4 2s a3rd and 2 4s.we then take okyoe with our 1st pick trade our late 2nd pick and our 7th pick in the 2nd rd and draft carriker or levi brown,then then trade our 2nd pick in the 2nd rd plus our 3rd pick in the 3rd rd for carriker or brown, with our 3rd pick in the 2nd rd pick that c,g ,t, from bc , our 1st pick in the 3rd rd we can take rouse then trade our 2 4th rders to get an earlier 3rd and take wr /KR,....hows those picks for day one.this is the time for all our fantasy dreams .....if that panned out our dee would be right back for years to come,and adding a solid lt and center would do wonders for our ol too,adding a guy like rouse would be killer too.
I would rather have their DT, than their second round pick.  It bolsters the interior, and we only have to worry about end play...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Bucs win the toss and CJ and JT go first two overall... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools