Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Hangover : the most hilarious movie i ever saw. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#30 : June 15, 2009, 08:48:14 AM

The same people told me Wedding Crashers was hilarious.  That movie ended up sucking balls!  Pineapple express?  Are you freakin kidding me.  that movie was a complete waste!  Land of the Lost?...its only been called one of the biggest flops of the year.  That dude seriously needs to get some new material.  Its wearing out...

Buccobruce

Starter

#31 : June 15, 2009, 08:53:40 AM

i agree with java and awitron. it was a funny movie, but it wasn't hilarious. certainly not a classic.

i felt it relied on the "w-t-f" type of humor so much that certain parts had lost humor due to already knowing the effed up situation from seeing the trailers. if i had no idea there was a tiger in the bathroom, that part would have cracked me up entirely... instead i just chuckled a little as i was already aware of it from the trailer. same went for the baby in the closet, the tazer to the face, mike tyson singing  phil collins, and the naked dude in the trunk... if they didnt give away those parts in the previews, i would have been totally surprised and would have been crying form laughing so hard.

like i said, it was funny. i laughed a good bit but i never busted a gut. it wasnt hillarious. its not that quoteable like your old schools, 40 year old virgins, anchormans, or what have you. the hardest i laughed was actually the credits.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 15, 2009, 09:17:41 AM

The same people told me Wedding Crashers was hilarious.  That movie ended up sucking balls!  Pineapple express?  Are you freakin kidding me.  that movie was a complete waste!

What the frak do you find humorous?  List some funny movies.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#33 : June 15, 2009, 09:34:15 AM

The same people told me Wedding Crashers was hilarious. �That movie ended up sucking balls! �Pineapple express? �Are you freakin kidding me. �that movie was a complete waste!

What the frak do you find humorous? List some funny movies.

Spaceballs.  Robin Hood: Men in tights, Basically any Mel Brooks movie, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Billy Madison, Kung pow (If youve seen it as many times as I have, there are some hilarious lines), The Onion movie, you know...funny stuff.  Movies like 40 yr old virgin, old school, wedding crashers, theyre all the same.   Kind of like Adam Sandler.  After The Wedding Singer, all of his movies became the same joke over and over. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 15, 2009, 09:38:06 AM

Movies like 40 yr old virgin, old school, wedding crashers, theyre all the same.   Kind of like Adam Sandler.  After The Wedding Singer, all of his movies became the same joke over and over. 

And Mel Brooks' movies are different how?

I love Mel Brooks too, but he's no different than Sandler, Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, Seth Rogen, etc. when talking about shtick.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 15, 2009, 09:42:59 AM

The Onion Movie was not funny.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#36 : June 15, 2009, 10:09:51 AM

Movies like 40 yr old virgin, old school, wedding crashers, theyre all the same.   Kind of like Adam Sandler.  After The Wedding Singer, all of his movies became the same joke over and over. 

And Mel Brooks' movies are different how?

I love Mel Brooks too, but he's no different than Sandler, Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, Seth Rogen, etc. when talking about shtick.

No different?  Yeah, see now I cant even listen to your opinion....sorry.  I cant believe you just compared him to Sandler, Ferrell and those other jokes...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 15, 2009, 10:10:29 AM

Bite your tongue heathen.

He's different than Sandler first and foremost because he doesn't suck but aside from that nothing any of those cats your listed has ever been "smart". As much as I like Ferrell and Vaughan they are bottom feeding comedians - and they are very good at it. Brooks' films operate, during his prime,  at a wholly different level in terms of satire despite the willingness to resort to some pretty bottom feeding gags as well.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 15, 2009, 10:16:05 AM

Both of you missed the point.

I wasn't saying those other guys were or weren't as funny as Brooks, I said his shtick is similar in all of his movies like the other guys shtick is similar in all of their movies.  I'm not talking about level of funniness.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#39 : June 15, 2009, 10:45:35 AM

But you asked me what I consider funny?  So I did.  We were never comparing schtick...if we were, at least Brooks never sucked...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 15, 2009, 10:48:35 AM

Which I why I quoted you saying those guys movies are all the same and they each use the same jokes (shtick) over and over in their respective movies.  Brooks used the same shtick in his movies as well, while might be a different or funnier shtick, it's a shtick nonetheless.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 15, 2009, 10:50:25 AM

I wasn't saying those other guys were or weren't as funny as Brooks, I said his shtick is similar in all of his movies like the other guys shtick is similar in all of their movies.  I'm not talking about level of funniness.

Not sure how the schtick in Producers and Blazing Saddles is the same and then that to Young Frankenstein. As you parody a specific genre you do change gags whereas Farrel, for example, is the same man-child in every film and Vaughn is the same sleezo.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 15, 2009, 10:55:06 AM

I pick out specific movies/roles of Ferrell and Vaughn and point to them as exceptions the norm as well.  But that doesn't mean that each comedian has a specific theme/shtick that they roll with and excel at.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 15, 2009, 02:58:42 PM

Dude, dont go to the numbers. They dont meen crap.

Sure, they do.  Unfunny movies don't make over 209 million dollars.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#44 : June 15, 2009, 11:15:00 AM

^^^umm now you lost me
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Hangover : the most hilarious movie i ever saw. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools