Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't get all these adults who are texting? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 17

TURBO

Hall of Famer

: June 06, 2009, 12:49:01 PM

bump to get the page count up...

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 02, 2009, 09:59:27 PM

The only people that I could see doing this is a couple of giddy teenagers who have "bff's", or maybe someone who is cheating on a spouse and they're trying to be all secretive and sneaky about it; but other than that I just don't get why grown adults(especially men) are doing this and getting all caught up in it?  ???

#2 : June 02, 2009, 10:09:57 PM

I'm 45 and I find it an excellent tool for seducing women. Do you get that?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 02, 2009, 10:15:12 PM

I'm 45 and I find it an excellent tool for seducing women. Do you get that?

Yeah but if you're 45 and married you have no need for it, but in your case hey - knock yourself out.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 02, 2009, 10:18:44 PM

I hate talking on the phone.  I definitely prefer to text.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 02, 2009, 10:21:02 PM

I hate talking on the phone. I definitely prefer to text.

Talking on the phone is so much quicker and takes little or no effort, and besides that most people that I know don't have time to sit there and type all day on a tiny keypad.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 02, 2009, 10:26:30 PM

cougs like to text bro

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 02, 2009, 10:28:40 PM

I hate talking on the phone. I definitely prefer to text.

Talking on the phone is so much quicker and takes little or no effort, and besides that most people that I know don't have time to sit there and type all day on a tiny keypad.

Texting is a helluva lot quicker for me.  No need to listen to someone ramble on and on.  Reply when you want, if you want.  Easy.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 02, 2009, 10:31:25 PM

cougs like to text bro

Again if you're out there cheating or trying to be a playa with cougars or whomever that's one thing, but a normal everyday adult should have no reason to be constantly texting other adults over & over(unless you're extremely lazy with waaaaay too much time on your hands all day).

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 02, 2009, 10:34:14 PM

you didn't get the memo?

we are all so attention starved that we find it necessary to be hooked up to an entire network of friends and aquaintances at all times...

I myself don't text, wouldn't know how to do it if I had to.

My wife and I have trac phones, which we only use in emergencies.  I guess we don't feel the need to call each other every 5 minutes to see "what's going on" like the majority of folks do with their cell phones.

I have never talked on my phone while driving, not one single time.  Unless there would be a family emergency, I see no reason to chat on a cell while trying to drive.

The head custodian of my school was killed by a high school girl 2 years ago because she was chatting on her phone instead of watching the road.  The sooner they are outlawed while driving the better.  Why hasn't there been a country wide ban yet, how many people need to have accidents or die because of the cells?  I find it revolting every time I see someone driving while talking on the phone.

I sat next to a guy at my son's soccer game tonight, he spent the entire night talking on his cell, and not one call was important, just calling to say hi, blah blah blah  At least 3 of his calls were from his wife.  How much of the game did he actually see?

I don't quite understand the information age, why do so many feel the need to be in contact with others ALL the freaking time?  I think it's a sad commentary on our existance.

I saw someplace on the internet, and I can't recall where I read it, so if you want a link I don't have one, but the study said that cell phones and websites such as facebook and myspace were causing teenagers to have depression and a low self esteem.  They compare themselves to those that have a lot of "friends" on those sights, and those who get a constant barrage of texts and cell calls.  If they see themselves as not measuring up, it causes them stress.  Can you imagine that?  Kids thinking they suck because they don't get as many text messages as others?

Thiose damn things are addictions for so many, and I refuse to become one of them.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 02, 2009, 10:38:44 PM

I agree 100% Turbo, and the worst place I see it going on is at the movies. If these people you're texting are all so damn important that you're willing to pay $9 to sit in a movie you barely watch, then don't go to the freakin movies and go hangout with these verrrry important people instead.

tonyflash

Starter

#11 : June 03, 2009, 12:50:35 AM

you didn't get the memo?

we are all so attention starved that we find it necessary to be hooked up to an entire network of friends and aquaintances at all times...

I myself don't text, wouldn't know how to do it if I had to.

My wife and I have trac phones, which we only use in emergencies.  I guess we don't feel the need to call each other every 5 minutes to see "what's going on" like the majority of folks do with their cell phones.

I have never talked on my phone while driving, not one single time.  Unless there would be a family emergency, I see no reason to chat on a cell while trying to drive.

The head custodian of my school was killed by a high school girl 2 years ago because she was chatting on her phone instead of watching the road. The sooner they are outlawed while driving the better. Why hasn't there been a country wide ban yet, how many people need to have accidents or die because of the cells? I find it revolting every time I see someone driving while talking on the phone.

I sat next to a guy at my son's soccer game tonight, he spent the entire night talking on his cell, and not one call was important, just calling to say hi, blah blah blah  At least 3 of his calls were from his wife.  How much of the game did he actually see?

I don't quite understand the information age, why do so many feel the need to be in contact with others ALL the freaking time? I think it's a sad commentary on our existance.

I saw someplace on the internet, and I can't recall where I read it, so if you want a link I don't have one, but the study said that cell phones and websites such as facebook and myspace were causing teenagers to have depression and a low self esteem.  They compare themselves to those that have a lot of "friends" on those sights, and those who get a constant barrage of texts and cell calls.  If they see themselves as not measuring up, it causes them stress.  Can you imagine that?  Kids thinking they suck because they don't get as many text messages as others?

Thiose damn things are addictions for so many, and I refuse to become one of them.

I can feel your pain, Turb. They had to crack down where I work because people are always on their cell phones. I don't know how they get their work done.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 03, 2009, 01:17:13 AM

The guy who is whining about people texting or talking on the phone too much has 12754 posts on this board.

If you want to ban talking on the cell phone while driving, (which I support) then you have to be willing to support a ban on changing the radio station while driving and doing a heck of a lot of other things that distract the driver and could cause an accident.

Facebook, My Space, Twitter, texting and talking on the cell phone all have advantages and can be used in moderation. The ones who avoid them totally because they are afraid of being sucked in, must have no will power. Once again...moderation.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 03, 2009, 01:56:51 AM

Texting is the way to go! You could seriously have 300 mins on your plan but have the unlimited texting plan and just tell peeps to text. It saves time, battery life, and is brief and you dont have to call them up at inconivient times. Its much easier to text. And great for women.....

For all you old guys with teenage daughters....holy jesus are you in a world of pain ahead....

Buy them a phone that DOESN'T have a Camera and DONT let them have their own cameras....and keep them locked....If  you can't figure out why, you need to go to parenting class. thats all I have to say.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 03, 2009, 09:01:19 AM

The guy who is whining about people texting or talking on the phone too much has 12754 posts on this board.

If you want to ban talking on the cell phone while driving, (which I support) then you have to be willing to support a ban on changing the radio station while driving and doing a heck of a lot of other things that distract the driver and could cause an accident.

Facebook, My Space, Twitter, texting and talking on the cell phone all have advantages and can be used in moderation. The ones who avoid them totally because they are afraid of being sucked in, must have no will power. Once again...moderation.

blah blah blah

Page: 1 2 3 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't get all these adults who are texting? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools